Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Pa. student who wore Romney shirt: Teacher 'told me to get out of the classroom'

1. -1
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Pa. student who wore Romney shirt: Teacher 'told me to get out of the classroom'

"She told me to take off my shirt and said that she has another one if I need one. And then the teacher asked meÖ 'Are your parents Republican?' I said, 'I don't know.' She said that's like her wearing a KKK shirt."
    Samantha was so embarrassed by the public criticism in front of her classmates that she told her parents she didnít want to return to school.
    "I didn't know what to think, I didn't think it was right at all."

They requested a meeting with the principal and the teacher. The teacher apologized to Samantha and her parents saying that the statement was meant as a joke.

"It was funny to her, but I was really embarrassed," Samantha said.
    http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...classroom?lite
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Censorship is the answer. I used to get kicked out out of class on a regular basis for wearing "safe sex" shirts. Lol. I used to ask my mom "do you want to come get me later for lunch and hangout?" If she said yes I'd go to school in one of my shirts:

Big Dicks Condoms
    Giant Peckers
    Nibble My Nuts

All some of my favorites all got me asked to leave lol. It became a contest between me and the school and as long as my grades stayed high my parents didn't care.

Free Speach dude!!!!!!!!!! It is worth the fight!!!!!! I'd sew an Obama and Romney shirt together and wear that ****er to school next!!!
    Hold My Beer and Watch This!
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I ddnt think it was uncommon to not be able to wear political stuff to class.

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Honestly, I think the teacher should at least be suspended for this. To chastise this girl in class, and essentially call her a racist for wearing a presidential candidate's campaign shirt is uncalled for.
    Bluebird in Hell

Just published my first game for iOS if anyone is interested...
    It's a free time waster.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am not a Romney supporter but this is just nuts..as long as the shirt didnt say anything offensive what is the problem?

I remember reading about students who were repulican clashing with their professors in college with were liberal..

Go figure.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You just know that, as awful as this behavior is, the union will support the teacher.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    Honestly, I think the teacher should at least be suspended for this. To chastise this girl in class, and essentially call her a racist for wearing a presidential candidate's campaign shirt is uncalled for.
    Meh. None of us were there so we have no idea what the context of the whole thing was. The teacher claims she was joking. She very well couldve been. If she was, the kid needs to lighten the **** up. If this is the case, then the kid and her parents are obviously being *******s and just trying to make a mountain out of a molehill for political reasons.

If the teacher was being serious and now is lying when she claims she was joking, then she is way out of line.

Since we really have no way of knowing, we shouldnt overreact either way. In fact, this shouldnt even be a story unless the media knows the truth. My guess would be the teacher was just ****ing with the kid, but who knows. Based on the kid's statement that "It was funny to her" meaning she even sensed the teacher was joking, Im thinking the kid is being a little ****.

Honey, loosen up would ya....

Bill Belichick on "putting the tape on"
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/18/belichick-takes-a-shot-at-experts-who-have-it-all-figured-out/

and i say it's tom brady with better legs...he reads the field presnap like tom brady...reminds me so much of him although tannehills ahead of bradys development in year 2 imo
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Well I'll be damned. WV was right again and called this weeks in advance and everyone gets mad at him.

SHOCKER

Quote Quote  

8. -8
    This Is My House

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not really a big story. This happens a lot on both sides. It even happened at my school when Obama won in 08. The teacher is at fault here, and the school should handle it.

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    We may die, but our actions are immortal

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    northern virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As a teacher... you need the context... I have never had a student leave my school knowing my political beliefs... at least not in their entirety... some times things are unavoidable to remain an honest person... usually censorship in schools goes the other way... we are not allowed to express political, religious beliefs, etc... the issue of unions in public schools are SO overstated... they take student statements from classes when a teacher is up for being discipline tiered... school administrations are advocates for students and teachers... but education, like all professions, draws poor performers... it is a local issue and not news...
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If true, it's funny that the teacher was so up in arms about this. It shows how clueless and partisan the teacher really is. The "R" next to his name clearly must stand for racist in her eyes. Romney and Obama are the same damn candidate. Dude was Governor of Massachusetts for ****'s sake. You're not allowed to be in politics there if you aren't a "liberal".

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Matthew Santos: Shadows in a Shoebox
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaV9yPc_EYw
    Quote Quote