Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Secret Cold War tests in St. Louis cause worry

Hybrid View

1. -1
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Secret Cold War tests in St. Louis cause worry

Doris Spates was a baby when her father died inexplicably in 1955. She has watched four siblings die of cancer, and she survived cervical cancer.
    After learning that the Army conducted secret chemical testing in her impoverished St. Louis neighborhood at the height of the Cold War, she wonders if her own government is to blame.
    In the mid-1950s, and again a decade later, the Army used motorized blowers atop a low-income housing high-rise, at schools and from the backs of station wagons to send a potentially dangerous compound into the already-hazy air in predominantly black areas of St. Louis.
    Local officials were told at the time that the government was testing a smoke screen that could shield St. Louis from aerial observation in case the Russians attacked.
    But in 1994, the government said the tests were part of a biological weapons program and St. Louis was chosen because it bore some resemblance to Russian cities that the U.S. might attack. The material being sprayed was zinc cadmium sulfide, a fine fluorescent powder.
    Now, new research is raising greater concern about the implications of those tests. St. Louis Community College-Meramec sociology professor Lisa Martino-Taylor's research has raised the possibility that the Army performed radiation testing by mixing radioactive particles with the zinc cadmium sulfide, though she concedes there is no direct proof.
    But her report, released late last month, was troubling enough that both U.S. senators from Missouri wrote to Army Secretary John McHugh demanding answers.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...DArea;fdmodule
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    pofo mofo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would like to say unbelievable, but unfortunately for us it is not.

The more i hear about this horrendous stuff (this, drugs in LA to fund Contras, tuskegee experiment) i wonder how much more stuff we DON'T know about.

I would probably somehow try to link the above incident into my (and others) belief that we REALLY must change our course, but honestly i'm just too disgusted.

I'll take four more years of the status quo please....
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I used to be somewhat paranoid about chemtrails: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemtra...spiracy_theory

Makes you think...

Back in 2000, I remember being on campus at UCF and looking up in the sky and there was a complete checkerboard up in the sky of contrails... It was definitely not a natural thing, especially since the weather was warm.
    FIRE FAILBIN

**If the Dolphins make the playoffs, this sig will become HIRE PHILWIN**
    Quote Quote