Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: DNC overrides delegates over Jerusalem issue

  1. -1
    Dolphins9954's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    10,138
    vCash:
    7423
    Thanks / No Thanks

    DNC overrides delegates over Jerusalem issue

    [youtube]cncbOEoQbOg[/youtube]


    Get in line folks. Get in line.





    "Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    phins_4_ever's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2008
    Posts:
    4,269
    vCash:
    22528
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No spine, no backbone.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    COphinphan89's Avatar
    Ours is the fury.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    5,228
    vCash:
    5226
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hilarious. They just succumbed to the pressure applied to them by Fox News, most particularly Sean Hannity. But hey it's a good thing they got that Jerusalem issue cleared up. That's really gonna spark some serious job creation, reduce the national debt, and ultimately lead us to energy independence.

    Those Rs and Ds really know what's up. Nothing like ****ting on any genuine peace process.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    jguig's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2004
    Posts:
    2,485
    vCash:
    1091
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by COphinphan89 View Post
    Hilarious. They just succumbed to the pressure applied to them by Fox News, most particularly Sean Hannity. But hey it's a good thing they got that Jerusalem issue cleared up. That's really gonna spark some serious job creation, reduce the national debt, and ultimately lead us to energy independence.

    Those Rs and Ds really know what's up. Nothing like ****ting on any genuine peace process.
    That's beyond absurd and foolish. When has the DNC ever succumbed to FOX news? Seriously? Did you even think about how that sounded and the logic behind it?

    ---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

    To me, this validated the whole voter ID issue. Look how they treated the vote of their own delegates. They completely disregarded the facts. Instead, they had it predetermined. I saw a picture of the teleprompter with the verbiage that was pre-written for the speaker. It was a foregone conclusion.

    If Dems are that willing to ram their agenda through on their own people, clearly voter ID is a real issue since they will do anything to win elections.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,830
    vCash:
    5060
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jguig View Post
    If Dems are that willing to ram their agenda through on their own people, clearly voter ID is a real issue since they will do anything to win elections.
    This statement is the same thing as saying, "well, that guy has stolen before, so that means that he has no problem raping babies." What's that you say? Those two have absolutely nothing to do with each other? Well, I'm glad you see my point about your statement...

    If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    Spesh's Avatar
    Fat Kid

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    8,053
    vCash:
    2607
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jguig View Post
    That's beyond absurd and foolish. When has the DNC ever succumbed to FOX news? Seriously? Did you even think about how that sounded and the logic behind it?

    To me, this validated the whole voter ID issue. Look how they treated the vote of their own delegates. They completely disregarded the facts. Instead, they had it predetermined. I saw a picture of the teleprompter with the verbiage that was pre-written for the speaker. It was a foregone conclusion.

    If Dems are that willing to ram their agenda through on their own people, clearly voter ID is a real issue since they will do anything to win elections.
    Yeah, because, you know, the RNC had no agenda whatsoever.

    Hilarious post overall though. Calling out Democrats for disregarding facts(Paul Ryan anyone?) and saying they will do anything to win elections. Wasnt it the RNC that changed their rules because of their fear of Ron Paul supporters? They almost had a mutiny on their hands. The libertarian vote was still enraged at the compromise.

    Dems certainly made their convention about their own agenda. Republicans are finding multiple, often illegal, ways to suppress American citizens from voting because they just dont like the way the citizens are using their democratic rights. Yet its the Democrats who will do anything to win elections. Hilarity.
    "Ignorance is not an excuse" were the words Goodell used when describing why those involved in the Saints bounty scandal would not avoid punishment.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ons-unanswered
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    jguig's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2004
    Posts:
    2,485
    vCash:
    1091
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    This statement is the same thing as saying, "well, that guy has stolen before, so that means that he has no problem raping babies." What's that you say? Those two have absolutely nothing to do with each other? Well, I'm glad you see my point about your statement...

    The consistent theme is about voting. They have shown that they don't care what the vote was so long as they get the outcome they want in both cases.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    JamesBW43's Avatar
    You're standing on my neck

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2005
    Posts:
    3,709
    vCash:
    5407
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jguig View Post
    The consistent theme is about voting. They have shown that they don't care what the vote was so long as they get the outcome they want in both cases.
    Except there isn't just a single guy from the DNC listening to the entire country shout yay or nay about the inclusion of a hot button word in a meaningless declaration.

    The last study I read about said there were 10 cases of in person voter fraud since 2000. I didn't read it thoroughly but then again I haven't seen any studies that support the notion that voter fraud is a serious problem.
    Not every human is a manipulative, opportunistic, letch... or at least that's what I'm told.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    Spesh's Avatar
    Fat Kid

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    8,053
    vCash:
    2607
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jguig View Post
    The consistent theme is about voting. They have shown that they don't care what the vote was so long as they get the outcome they want in both cases.
    Wow, i dont think i could describe Republican voter surpression attempts any more on the point than that. Maybe change the word "vote" for "law", but even thats kinda knitpick.

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ryan-c...b_1799012.html

    Jim Greer, former Chair of the Florida Republican Party, went on Al Sharpton's show to boldly cast the nearly transparent curtain aside from the ugly face of the Wizard of Florida. In Florida, as in other states, it's not the Democrats' imaginations that are creating voter suppression issues; rather, it's the systemic and predictable way in which Republicans are trying to discourage people likely to vote Democrat. They do this by creating arbitrary and unevenly enforced laws to create confusion and ultimately discourage the other guy's voters.

    After an electoral spanking last cycle that was largely the backlash to neoconservative overreaches in the Bush Jr. years, Republicans were reflecting on how to deal with the surge of new and minority voters. "I sat in on many meetings where it was discussed how to make sure what happened in 2008, when Obama brought out the college-aged voters, the minority voters, never happened again," said Jim Greer.

    Greer talked about how he was invited into many discussions as the head of the GOP in Florida, so he knows where some particularly rotten bodies are buried. There were discussions that early voting was going against Republicans, and so they should shorten it to prevent African American churches from organizing to bring out the vote for early voting. Greer had even given sworn deposition that there were discussions on suppression, but never once in his 3 1/2 years as GOP Chair of Florida had he seen a meeting on voter fraud; he went so far as to call it a "marketing tool of radical Republicans" in state government.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    jguig's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2004
    Posts:
    2,485
    vCash:
    1091
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesBW43 View Post
    Except there isn't just a single guy from the DNC listening to the entire country shout yay or nay about the inclusion of a hot button word in a meaningless declaration.

    The last study I read about said there were 10 cases of in person voter fraud since 2000. I didn't read it thoroughly but then again I haven't seen any studies that support the notion that voter fraud is a serious problem.
    What you won't see is that more people vote than are registered. How do you prosecute someone when you have no idea who that was who came in?
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Will the pledged delegates leave Obama?
    By Tetragrammaton in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-26-2008, 02:13 AM
  2. Proportional Delegates - Pros & Cons
    By Dolphan7 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-06-2008, 10:32 AM
  3. Video of Jerusalem from Jerusalem Day
    By Miamian in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-16-2007, 03:07 PM
  4. Union Delegates Urge Obama To Run For President
    By Walking25 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-09-2006, 07:30 PM
  5. Delegates relish McCain's jab at filmmaker Moore
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-31-2004, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •