Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reminds me of 2008

1. -1
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Reminds me of 2008

That team started off 0-2 and 2-3, but showed some signs early on they were better than what everyone thought. Had a very easy schedule that they took advantage of and ended up winning the division. And they actually had a competent qb. And that was sparanos 1st year right? This is philbins 1st year, despite a 1-3 record we've seen many signs we're better than what everyone thought, we got a very soft schedule coming up, and we got a competent qb. That's why this is a huge game, 2-3 with the schedule we got we should be in the thick of the playoff hunt in nov/dec. 1-4 is tough to bounce back from without a long winning streak.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    agreed, and also in 2008 our first 3 losses were to vs jets, at cards, and at houston? sound familiar?

maybe its 2008 all over again with better playoff results lol
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    This team does not have an easy schedule. Right now our SOS is tied for 5th strongest in the NFL and that's with everyone in our division at .500 and the real reason we surprised everyone that year was because of the wildcat...a gimmick play that no longer works. What Philbin is doing is laying the foundation for good, solid football...no trick plays needed.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    This team does not have an easy schedule. Right now our SOS is tied for 5th strongest in the NFL and that's with everyone in our division at .500 and the real reason we surprised everyone that year was because of the wildcat...a gimmick play that no longer works. What Philbin is doing is laying the foundation for good, solid football...no trick plays needed.
    cincy is our hardest game by far until dec 2nd and even cincy is medicore at best. we have lots of poor teams coming up
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyfins4eva View Post
    cincy is our hardest game by far until dec 2nd and even cincy is medicore at best. we have lots of poor teams coming up
    You can tell yuourself that but a .540 winning percentage of our opponents this year tells me something else. Take out the .500 winning percentage of our division and it's a .549 winning percentage of our opponents. This is not an easy schedule.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You can tell yuourself that but a .540 winning percentage of our opponents this year tells me something else. Take out the .500 winning percentage of our division and it's a .549 winning percentage of our opponents. This is not an easy schedule.
    ya but thats also bc teams like the rams, seahawks, jets and bills are 2-2. that accounts for 5 of the games coming up.

the seahawks, rams, and jets are not as good as there record, meaning these are really below 500 caliber teams,

we shall see, but from watching our front 7 dominate vs the run and get pressure on qbs, and tanne and the wrs playing a lot better than expected, i have hope for a change.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyfins4eva View Post
    ya but thats also bc teams like the rams, seahawks, jets and bills are 2-2. that accounts for 5 of the games coming up.

the seahawks, rams, and jets are not as good as there record, meaning these are really below 500 caliber teams,

we shall see, but from watching our front 7 dominate vs the run and get pressure on qbs, and tanne and the wrs playing a lot better than expected, i have hope for a change.
    You are what your record says you are and to say those teams are below .500 even though they're not would be wrong. Seattle's defense is very, very good and if you want to play the "their not as good as their record" card we can say the Patriots (which we still have to play twice) and Titans are better than their record says they are. Titans were 9-7 last year.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You are what your record says you are and to say those teams are below .500 even though they're not would be wrong. Seattle's defense is very, very good and if you want to play the "their not as good as their record" card we can say the Patriots (which we still have to play twice) and Titans are better than their record says they are. Titans were 9-7 last year.
    pats are deff much better than there record indicates, and if u have watched tenn play this year they ****ing blow.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Our strength of schedule is 20th; next 7 games: Cincy, St Louis Bye Week Jets Titans Bills Seahawks ...is that not an easy run?
    Supporter of logic and organizational consistency

Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Lets get those balls deep!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    the world
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CorduroyG View Post
    That team started off 0-2 and 2-3, but showed some signs early on they were better than what everyone thought. Had a very easy schedule that they took advantage of and ended up winning the division. And they actually had a competent qb. And that was sparanos 1st year right? This is philbins 1st year, despite a 1-3 record we've seen many signs we're better than what everyone thought, we got a very soft schedule coming up, and we got a competent qb. That's why this is a huge game, 2-3 with the schedule we got we should be in the thick of the playoff hunt in nov/dec. 1-4 is tough to bounce back from without a long winning streak.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2
    I agree mostly. Except Pennington was better than Tanny is right now. But Tanny is smart, and with his work ethic he may turn into a Pennington type player with great arm strength, aka a superstar. But yeah I can see this team coming back around from here on out and finishing 9-7, if we can end at 9-7 and beat the pats twice, we could win the division. Y now? Jets are in serious trouble right now, Bills dont seem that great to me. Pats seem a bit off, with a weak D. If we can play like we did against Arizona and cut back on some to's we could be a pretty good team this year.
    "hey atleast I'm housebroken!"
    Quote Quote