Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reminds me of 2008

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyfins4eva View Post
    pats are deff much better than there record indicates, and if u have watched tenn play this year they ****ing blow.
    In other words your using a double standard. Teams with a better record for you aren't as good as their record says they are and teams with a worse record are as bad as their record says they are.

Quote Originally Posted by WesternNYDolfan View Post
    Our strength of schedule is 20th; next 7 games: Cincy, St Louis Bye Week Jets Titans Bills Seahawks ...is that not an easy run?
    The Rams don't look to easy right now. 3-1 Cincy, 3-2 Rams, 2-2 Jets, 1-3 Titans, 2-2 Bills, 2-2 Seahawks...13-12 combined...better than .500.

The strength of schedule I use is for the season, not just who we've played but if our strength of schedule is 20th after playing a 4-0 Houston team, a 1-3 Oakland team, a 2-2 Jets team and a now 4-1 Arizona team for a combined record of 11-6 (.647 winning percentage) then I'd like to know who the 19 teams with a tougher schedule in front of us have played.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rams did well against AZ tonight, not as easy a game as I first thought.
    It's time to be successful Coach Philbin. Have you decided what you should master yet? It's time to step up Mr. Tannehill, you're starting year three too.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Ground and Pound

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!RadioactiveHalo Legendary1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    In other words your using a double standard. Teams with a better record for you aren't as good as their record says they are and teams with a worse record are as bad as their record says they are.

The Rams don't look to easy right now. 3-1 Cincy, 3-2 Rams, 2-2 Jets, 1-3 Titans, 2-2 Bills, 2-2 Seahawks...13-12 combined...better than .500.

The strength of schedule I use is for the season, not just who we've played but if our strength of schedule is 20th after playing a 4-0 Houston team, a 1-3 Oakland team, a 2-2 Jets team and a now 4-1 Arizona team for a combined record of 11-6 (.647 winning percentage) then I'd like to know who the 19 teams with a tougher schedule in front of us have played.
    Look at teams injuries and how they played against their opponents. The rams just lost their only competent receiver who will be out for 4-6 weeks and bradford has been below average since his rookie season all they can do is run the ball and luckily we are the best against it. Jets are going downhill fat they won't have revis or sanchez only receiver and I'm not even sure he will be QB. Titans are complete garbage if you watched them. Bills are suffering from some key injuries and have not looked very good so far we can beat them and 'd bet for it. Cincy is our biggest test and seattle afterwards but both beatable teams. Seahawks should be 1-3 too.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Lost in the fog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There are definitely numerous parallels to 2008. In much the same way, both the fanbase and the players/coaches in the lockerroom seem to feel like the team is better than its record. Even early on in 2008, you had that feeling the Phins were going to turn it around, get to .500, and then go on a streak. Of course the easy schedule helped, but lots of no-name players made clutch plays and mistakes were limited to ridiculously low levels. I just get the feeling this team has the potential to do the same, with the key being Tannehill limiting his turnovers to Pennington-like levels.

The big difference between 2008 and this year is Chad Pennington. Can Tannehill, in his rookie season, really be the type of leader that Pennington was?? I've got high hopes for the kid, but that is just unlikely.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We had IMO a lot more issues altogether in 2008. Even when we started winning after introducing the Wildcat, most people didn't consider the playoffs likely until Favre and the Jets started a massive choke job. We also road huge seasons from Andre Goodman and Joey Porter down the stretch.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the run. But there were a lot of games we could've and should've lost late but somebody on defense was able to kill a drive.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The main difference the QB is the future not a fill in. And Philbin has the team playing NFL football, and not using a gimmick (wildcat).
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    The Cheese Connoisseur

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins HomerDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Just get to 3-3 at the BYE and its a brand new season.
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This year reminds me off the Cam Cameron crap all over again
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flip View Post
    This year reminds me off the Cam Cameron crap all over again
    Holy shoot, I looked at your last 20 posts.. all you do is whine about everything. Are u sure you root for the Fins or just using FH to vent the frustration you collect in real life?

Quote Quote  

10. -20
    #12 #13 #23 #39 #54 #99

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1 Game at a Time. Can we win this Cincy game before we talk playoffs?
    Quote Quote