Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tannehill better than Cam Newton?

1. -21
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    OK, I think everyone needs to chill out a bit. Tannehill is looking good, but he might still have some stinker games coming up. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
    Since when is declaring a QB to be better than Cam Newton considered "getting ahead of ourselves"? Cam Newton ****ing blows. Geez. I would hope you consider Tannehill better than Newton. If he isnt, were in ****ing trouble.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ha ha...newton blows huh wv... cause you never endorsed him i take it...

leave it to bleacher report to throw out some really assanine definitive statements 4 games into a rookie season no less...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I will stick with Tannehill. I like substance over flash. I prefer someone who is a leader over someone who sulks on the bench when he is having a bad game. Hope Cam enjoys thumping his chest, all of the commercials, and pretending to be Superman or whatver it is that he does.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    ha ha...newton blows huh wv... cause you never endorsed him i take it...

leave it to bleacher report to throw out some really assanine definitive statements 4 games into a rookie season no less...
    Nah. He blows because he isnt very good. He turns the ball over on the reg. Fumbles way too often. His intermediate passing is hot garbage.

I never endorsed him thats for sure. I get the feeling you did though.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    nothng against tannehill but 35 tds as a rookie...yeah he's not on that kind of pace...

i do think we have a franchise qb though...but banging on cam newton now is just bull ****...that kid can play and he's gonna be making plays and a franchise cornerstone for carolina for the next decade...

there's definitely things about tanny's game i like more though right now...the decision making i mean that's about as good as it gets to date...
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wow.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Apparently no criticism of Tannehill is allowed around here.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Restore the greatness!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Syracuse, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It seems there are quite a few people out there that are rooting for Cam Newton to fail. Why? It's not like he plays for a division rival. I don't get it.

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

Ryan Tannehill is going to be a good QB and I believe Cam Newton is as well.

Ricky Williams: the greatest back in Miami Dolphins history

Quote Quote  

9. -29
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirspud View Post
    *still lost the game because of two turnovers, one late in the 4th and the other in ot pretty much sealing the loss

It's not anti-Tannehill to be anti-annointing. Let's see him actually win a close game first.
    *kicker or DBs did there jobs and there'd be no ****ing OT. Oh did I say 4th game, best performance under pressure since '08 and 400yds? Oh did I mention 4th start ever? Not 20th. 6 interceptions but 3 in the last 3 games. In their last 3 games: Flacco (3), Dalton (3), Luck(4), Rivers(6), Bradford(4), Brees(3), Cutler(3), Eli(4), Newton(3), Romo(7), Russel Wilson(3). Last I looked, with the exception of Wilson and Luck, these are experienced QBs beyond their 4th games, most with WRs like Steve Smith, Bryant, Green, Gates, Marshall, etc. But if based on your agenda you wanna also count the first game ever in the enemy territory of '12 second best pass defense and #1 batted ball defense iwhile ignoring the improvement since, then that says more about you than it does T17,.

I don't understand it, but if you get your jollies rooting against the most promising QB we've had under center since #13 because he's not your choice, then knock yourself out.

"Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else."
    Margaret Mead

Quote Quote  

10. -30

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by endorPHINS72 View Post
    It seems there are quite a few people out there that are rooting for Cam Newton to fail. Why? It's not like he plays for a division rival. I don't get it.---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

Ryan Tannehill is going to be a good QB and I believe Cam Newton is as well.
    IN before someone says because he is black. Which Im pretty sure is what youre either suggesting or looking for someone to answer with.

But, thats all BS. I can list some obvious reasons as to why people dont like Cam.

1) He stole laptops. Pretty pathetic. Shows his character.

2) Everyone knows his dad shopped him around to colleges.

3) The whole Superman thing. That ridiculous endzone thing he does. When he did that trailing by a ton of points late in a game, it just demonstrates how he markets himself and puts that ahead of the team. This may lend itself to going 6-10. Put up nice stats and still lose games on the reg.

Also, the whole Superman thing is so played. Shaq, Dwight Howard, countless other players, the whole Batman and Robin **** whenever 2 good players are on a team together. Just the whole comic book hero act. Its ****ing played already.

4) Labeling himself as an "Icon and an Entertainer". Again, points to how he wants to market himself. But, selling himself is not something he ever did before the NFL. Hey, there is nothing wrong with marketing yourself and trying to get your money up, but some wonder if this is sometimes done at the teams expense.

5) His whole demenor. Towel on his head etc etc.. People dont like a lot of that ****.

So there you go. Now before anyone else wants to throw the race thing out there just because its so easy to do that, ask yourself why so many people seem to not like Jay Cutler. Has to be because he is black..... right? Cant be about his play or his attitude. Because he has proven much more as a player in this league than Newton has so far. If Jay Cutler were white, he wouldnt get so much hate.

Edit: Oh, and Deion Sanders dosent help much either. Cam being dramatically overrated by the media also has no effect on why people hate on him.
    Quote Quote