ha ha...newton blows huh wv... cause you never endorsed him i take it...
leave it to bleacher report to throw out some really assanine definitive statements 4 games into a rookie season no less...
hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
I will stick with Tannehill. I like substance over flash. I prefer someone who is a leader over someone who sulks on the bench when he is having a bad game. Hope Cam enjoys thumping his chest, all of the commercials, and pretending to be Superman or whatver it is that he does.
UNTIL THEY DROP THE COFFIN LID
nothng against tannehill but 35 tds as a rookie...yeah he's not on that kind of pace...
i do think we have a franchise qb though...but banging on cam newton now is just bull ****...that kid can play and he's gonna be making plays and a franchise cornerstone for carolina for the next decade...
there's definitely things about tanny's game i like more though right now...the decision making i mean that's about as good as it gets to date...
Apparently no criticism of Tannehill is allowed around here.
It seems there are quite a few people out there that are rooting for Cam Newton to fail. Why? It's not like he plays for a division rival. I don't get it.
---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------
Ryan Tannehill is going to be a good QB and I believe Cam Newton is as well.
Ricky Williams: the greatest back in Miami Dolphins history
I don't understand it, but if you get your jollies rooting against the most promising QB we've had under center since #13 because he's not your choice, then knock yourself out.
Wisdom from a "QB Whisperer::
"No we have our FRANCHISE QB and I want to keep him rather than get 2 guys who may or may not be productive NFL players.
Palmer's situation is different and if I had my choice between Palmer and buttfumble, I'd take buttfumble"
But, thats all BS. I can list some obvious reasons as to why people dont like Cam.
1) He stole laptops. Pretty pathetic. Shows his character.
2) Everyone knows his dad shopped him around to colleges.
3) The whole Superman thing. That ridiculous endzone thing he does. When he did that trailing by a ton of points late in a game, it just demonstrates how he markets himself and puts that ahead of the team. This may lend itself to going 6-10. Put up nice stats and still lose games on the reg.
Also, the whole Superman thing is so played. Shaq, Dwight Howard, countless other players, the whole Batman and Robin **** whenever 2 good players are on a team together. Just the whole comic book hero act. Its ****ing played already.
4) Labeling himself as an "Icon and an Entertainer". Again, points to how he wants to market himself. But, selling himself is not something he ever did before the NFL. Hey, there is nothing wrong with marketing yourself and trying to get your money up, but some wonder if this is sometimes done at the teams expense.
5) His whole demenor. Towel on his head etc etc.. People dont like a lot of that ****.
So there you go. Now before anyone else wants to throw the race thing out there just because its so easy to do that, ask yourself why so many people seem to not like Jay Cutler. Has to be because he is black..... right? Cant be about his play or his attitude. Because he has proven much more as a player in this league than Newton has so far. If Jay Cutler were white, he wouldnt get so much hate.
Edit: Oh, and Deion Sanders dosent help much either. Cam being dramatically overrated by the media also has no effect on why people hate on him.