Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Tannehill better than Cam Newton?

1. -41
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamC13 View Post
    True, but two of them have earned it...

Brady = 5 Super Bowls, 3 SB victories, 126-37 win-loss record, 307-116 TD-int ratio, 41,206 yards, 96.5 QB rating

Favre = 2 Super Bowls, 1 SB victory, 186-112 win-loss record, 508-336 TD-int ratio, 71,838 yards, 86.0 QB rating

One hasn't...

Tannehill = 0 Super Bowls, 0 SB victories, 1-3 win-loss record, 2-6 TD-int ratio, 1,046 yards, 66.4 QB rating

I am all for Tannehill getting love, but I just think he should EARN it first.
    I find it difficult to imagine Tannehill having played in 5 Superbowl's by this point in his career. You have a very odd way of judging rookies.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    IN before someone says because he is black. Which Im pretty sure is what youre either suggesting or looking for someone to answer with.

But, thats all BS. I can list some obvious reasons as to why people dont like Cam.

1) He stole laptops. Pretty pathetic. Shows his character.

2) Everyone knows his dad shopped him around to colleges.

3) The whole Superman thing. That ridiculous endzone thing he does. When he did that trailing by a ton of points late in a game, it just demonstrates how he markets himself and puts that ahead of the team. This may lend itself to going 6-10. Put up nice stats and still lose games on the reg.

Also, the whole Superman thing is so played. Shaq, Dwight Howard, countless other players, the whole Batman and Robin **** whenever 2 good players are on a team together. Just the whole comic book hero act. Its ****ing played already.

4) Labeling himself as an "Icon and an Entertainer". Again, points to how he wants to market himself. But, selling himself is not something he ever did before the NFL. Hey, there is nothing wrong with marketing yourself and trying to get your money up, but some wonder if this is sometimes done at the teams expense.

5) His whole demenor. Towel on his head etc etc.. People dont like a lot of that ****.

So there you go. Now before anyone else wants to throw the race thing out there just because its so easy to do that, ask yourself why so many people seem to not like Jay Cutler. Has to be because he is black..... right? Cant be about his play or his attitude. Because he has proven much more as a player in this league than Newton has so far. If Jay Cutler were white, he wouldnt get so much hate.

Edit: Oh, and Deion Sanders dosent help much either. Cam being dramatically overrated by the media also has no effect on why people hate on him.
    I agree that people dislike him for these things. But, him being black kinda adds some fuel to the fire as well. Get what I'm saying? If Cam was white he would be criticized, but not as much.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    IN before someone says because he is black. Which Im pretty sure is what youre either suggesting or looking for someone to answer with.

But, thats all BS. I can list some obvious reasons as to why people dont like Cam.

1) He stole laptops. Pretty pathetic. Shows his character.

2) Everyone knows his dad shopped him around to colleges.

3) The whole Superman thing. That ridiculous endzone thing he does. When he did that trailing by a ton of points late in a game, it just demonstrates how he markets himself and puts that ahead of the team. This may lend itself to going 6-10. Put up nice stats and still lose games on the reg.

Also, the whole Superman thing is so played. Shaq, Dwight Howard, countless other players, the whole Batman and Robin **** whenever 2 good players are on a team together. Just the whole comic book hero act. Its ****ing played already.

4) Labeling himself as an "Icon and an Entertainer". Again, points to how he wants to market himself. But, selling himself is not something he ever did before the NFL. Hey, there is nothing wrong with marketing yourself and trying to get your money up, but some wonder if this is sometimes done at the teams expense.

5) His whole demenor. Towel on his head etc etc.. People dont like a lot of that ****.

So there you go. Now before anyone else wants to throw the race thing out there just because its so easy to do that, ask yourself why so many people seem to not like Jay Cutler. Has to be because he is black..... right? Cant be about his play or his attitude. Because he has proven much more as a player in this league than Newton has so far. If Jay Cutler were white, he wouldnt get so much hate.

Edit: Oh, and Deion Sanders dosent help much either. Cam being dramatically overrated by the media also has no effect on why people hate on him.
    The Smith guy on first take went off on a 15 minute rant about racism against Newton over this cartoon

Apparently black players should be immune to criticism. Though to be fair first take goes off on a racism rant at least once a week so I shouldn't be surprised.
    Attached Images
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ultimately.....regardless of how talented Cam Newton or Ryan Tannehill are, great quarterbacks are in my opinion great primarily because of whats upstairs.

The intangibles, decision making, how they handle pressure situations is what separates the great ones from the lesser QB's.

We won't have a final answer for years on just how good one or the other are for sure.

I will say that I don't give Cam Newton much of a chance of a long career if he keeps thinking he is Earl Campbell running the ball up the middle.

Most runningbacks have comparitively short careers...a QB just can't take punishment RB's take and expect to have a long career as a QB.
    Jay Fiedler can take his'n and lose to your'n.....or take your'n and lose to his'n.

Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So we have a Tanney>RG3 thread and a Tanney>Cam thread. Can we please get a Tanney>Vick thread?
    Quote Quote