Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gannon impressed with phins/tannehill, says philbin ran best camp he ever saw

1. -11
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    if only we could learn how to close games ASAP
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You have to learn how to win close games. Experience will help this young team to get over that hump when they are ready to be good. They aren't there yet. But we have the coaching staff to get there. We have the QB, who is getting better by the week, we added another threat at reciever.

I have stated this ina few other threads but dont understate the presence and power of Sherman. Sherman has experience with player and personnel in GB, and did very well at it. I believe as more of Shermans choices continue to do well, his power in personnel decisions will only continue to get stronger possibly leading to ireland being the "face of the GM" and Sherman being the "Brain."

Interesting to see how we are becoming an offensive force and peculiar in how GB's offense has been struggling a little, off-cylinder if you will.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    You could have had free beer, for shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree with Gannon in that Tanny has shown no fear.
    He has never looked rattled or that the game is to big for him.
    Once Dmac is drafted a Dmac Jersey will spontaneously materialize in the closet of each and every Dolfan...

...and not that replica crap either...
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    You have made me angry very angry indeed

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mars
    Thanks / No Thanks
    First Dilfer, now Gannon, I love all the praise T-Hill is getting, he deserves it! Breaking Marino's rookie record is no sign of a slouch IMO.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Misplaced PhinFan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Live Oak, Fla
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by buxster07 View Post
    Great points. Agrees, perhaps Philbin can help Ireland in his job too / help learn to pick more talented players. If so, I wouldn't mind terribly if Ireland is retained- that of course unless Philbin knows / has someone in mind that could be more complimentary.
    Not so sure that Philbin will be doing talent evaluation, head coaching job takes enough of his time. But what he will do is make it clear to Ireland what type of players he wants and needs for his team. It's still up to the scouting department to find the type of talent Philbin needs.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    jax, fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by metalman32060 View Post
    Not so sure that Philbin will be doing talent evaluation, head coaching job takes enough of his time. But what he will do is make it clear to Ireland what type of players he wants and needs for his team. It's still up to the scouting department to find the type of talent Philbin needs.
    So in the draft day "war room," are you saying Philbin will have no idea what each potential candidate is capable of and he won't form an opinion and thus not be able to provide Ireland any influence as to whom to pick (e.g. say we were looking for a QB as example)?

Dolphins have more fun!
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    We Are Still Going To The SB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by buxster07 View Post
    So in the draft day "war room," are you saying Philbin will have no idea what each potential candidate is capable of and he won't form an opinion and thus not be able to provide Ireland any influence as to whom to pick (e.g. say we were looking for a QB as example)?
    Of course he will know, the job of a good GM is picking there right players for scheme and coaches .
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    jax, fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305 View Post
    Of course he will know, the job of a good GM is picking there right players for scheme and coaches .
    That's my point, where Philbin would be able to impact the selection / have influence- particularly with his offensive background and offensive players he'd prefer out of a group Ireland's crew has gathered as "potential draft picks"- as opposed to another's suggestion that Philbin is only head coaching (not influencing picks) those who are picked by Ireland.

If it is stated in the media somewhere that Philbin has no say in player selection, I'd be glad to read it, and stand corrected, in case I missed it.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I love how quick people are to villify Ireland for selecting players previously, yet with this draft class, people are willing to give the credit to Philbin because "clearly the HC has input on his players"

Where was this apparent influence with Sparano?
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    jax, fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    I love how quick people are to villify Ireland for selecting players previously, yet with this draft class, people are willing to give the credit to Philbin because "clearly the HC has input on his players"

Where was this apparent influence with Sparano?
    In your view, is their no gray area in the matter? Or is it black or white, a coach either has partial influence or none at all?

For instance, do you think Sherman had no impact on the selection of Tannehill? Or when Tannehill worked out and the coaches & gm were there to view, the coaches present didn't say anything at all to each other? Perhaps had duck tape over mouths or something? If the like, might we view evidence in a media report / weblink for accuracy in claim?
    Quote Quote