Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Assassins Creed III

1. -21
    I am a golden god

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The main complaint seems like it takes a while before the gamegets going.
    I remember ACII started off slowly also too.
    Once Dmac is drafted a Dmac Jersey will spontaneously materialize in the closet of each and every Dolfan...

...and not that replica crap either...
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So im sitting here playing the game, still in the intro, when i have to infiltrate a base. While moving through the place i get spotted. I jump to the side of the wall, hit the ground and dive into a haystack(or corn cart in this game?). The guard comes over to investigate. Im torn between killing him and losing my full sinc or taking my chances and getting discovered. I notice his outfit is different then the rest as he comes close. Shrugging this off, i decide to not risk discover and take him out. Ends up he decided to turn away anyways, but im already hitting the button. Animation goes through, the screen goes bright red, i begin to totally de-sinc. Confused, i read the message that pops up:

"You just killed George Washington".

Im a horrible American.
    "Ignorance is not an excuse" were the words Goodell used when describing why those involved in the Saints bounty scandal would not avoid punishment.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ons-unanswered
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Repin the MIA in AZ!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just finished the game. I am pretty satisfied with it overall.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Assassins Creed III

I like the nice twist with the "other" character in the beginning

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wheatland, WY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gears of War tagPlaystation LogoCam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo
    What do you guys think of the "improvements" to the fighting system?
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper1016 View Post
    What do you guys think of the "improvements" to the fighting system?
    At the moment: im fairly frustrated. To damned inconsistent.

Just got done having to replay a mission a couple times because it wouldnt let me straight up assassinate someone, just kept walking up to him and doing the little "wrist blade extend" thing and id signal the alarm. Best example i can think of concerning my frustration is when i killed a group of 8 or 9 guys without a problem, only to fight 4 guys the very next battle and get beaten down repeatedly. After 3 deaths, i go back a fourth time and beat them soundly, dont even think they touched me. As well, multiple times ive "dropped out of combat" in the middle of a fight. I get prepared to block an attack only to receive the butt of a rifle to my face.

When it works, i love it. Ive had a handful of fights then went beautifully. At the same time, ive had just as many fights end in sheer frustration. Going to remain patient and try and get into a workable routine.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wheatland, WY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gears of War tagPlaystation LogoCam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo
    I am having alot of the same problems. It frustrates me at times which leads me to play something else.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i love the game, there are certainly things that drag (I hate the hunting stuff) and the optional missions are not as good as past games, but it's great overall. I love the captaining the ships though
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sometimes I think they rush the ****ing games out so fast to make money that the bugs aren't worked. I prolly outta get around to finishing off ACII some day lol.
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper1016 View Post
    I am having alot of the same problems. It frustrates me at times which leads me to play something else.
    Been screwing with it for an hour or two now and have made some progress. Keep in mind, im currently exploring the wilderness and doing some of the damn amusing Frontiersman quests. But along the way ive been ambushing british convoys and troops.

For whatever reason i havent had a problem with locking on tonight. Odd. Ive been able to bum rush brits and slaughter them without running square into them. As for the combat, this is going to sound simplistic, but ive found one of the problems was solved by almost always breaking their defenses when it goes slow motion after a counter. Previously i was almost exclusively trying to counter attack. Ive fought 4 groups so far and they have only hit me when ive made a glaring mistake. Im not sure if that was part of the problem for you and others, but so far tonight my frustration level has dropped drastically.

You know, except for when i try and climb trees in the wilderness to get the viewpoints and continuously leap off them to my death. It would have been nice if the game had gone over combat more thoroughly in the 18 day long freaking intro, but whatever.

Havent come across a stealth part and i dont think i will tonight. Going to be busy for the next week but will try and sneak in a few hours and update youll if i find any solutions.

edit: and naturally, right after i post this i get jumped by 2 squads and run into problems. Minor all things considered: im still having trouble with the human shield command. As well, after all but 1 member of the squad was whipped out i dropped out of combat, though was able to pop back in before i got into trouble. Will keep working it.
    Last edited by Spesh; 11-02-2012 at 11:51 PM.
    Quote Quote