Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 93

Thread: SHHH!!!! It's Quiet! Hi Haters. Smack!

  1. -41
    CRAZYDOLFAN305's Avatar
    We Are Still Going To The SB

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    4,799
    vCash:
    1372
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R Express View Post
    Hartline a better version of Welker. You can't make this stuff up. Only one guy on this board is capable of spewing this stuff time and time again despite being proven wrong time and time again with his laughable overreactions.
    Right because I'm always wrong. I guess time will tell..

    ---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFin View Post
    Look, Hartline can be a number 2, and Bess is a very good slot guy...but we don't have a number 1.

    You don't base a season's production on a couple games...DC's will take Hartline away once it becomes obvious that he is the go to guy with what we have to offer. Thats when it will become glaringly obvious to even the most casual observer that we are still missing that piece.

    With a bonafide number 1, Hartline can stay in one-on-one situations and propser...without it they will take him out of the game.
    I'm not basing it on a couple of games, I'm basing on the potential he has display sparingly while he's been here. And now he finally gets his chance to be #1 and he's shinning.

    ---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by R&R Express View Post
    Hartline a better version of Welker. You can't make this stuff up. Only one guy on this board is capable of spewing this stuff time and time again despite being proven wrong time and time again with his laughable overreactions.
    Over reaction to the NFL leader in Yards, and YPC and I'm over reacting. Right! You and all you life long pessimist can keep bringing the fact that I've been wrong in the past, bring it up over and over if you want. Call me out on it. If that's get you off, that's fine by me. When ever I make statements y'all don't agree, you guys are so quick to bring that ****. I don't give ****.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -42
    AdamC13's Avatar
    Awe "Tight End" my favorite position!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2009
    Posts:
    2,184
    vCash:
    1155
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OyeDale305 View Post
    Marshall was the best Wr.. Targeting too much doesn't even make sense. Hartline and Bess are solid Wrs.. Bess is a good playmaking slot Wr and Hartline is a great #2 please stop this homerism
    It makes sense when someone understands what actually is occurring on the field. For example, when Chad Henne had Ginn, Camarillo, Hartline and Bess as his WR group and spread the ball around Miami was:

    Chad Henne record as Dolphin starter with Ginn, Camarillo, Bess and Hartline: 8-7 (PPG…24.0)

    When Henne had Marshall, Bess and Hartline as his WR group and targeted Marshall a ridiculous amount of times:

    Chad Henne record as Dolphin starter with Marshall: 5-11 (PPG...17.4)

    Just as coach Philbin says it isn't about having a #1 WR but about exploiting matchups.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -43
    CRAZYDOLFAN305's Avatar
    We Are Still Going To The SB

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    4,799
    vCash:
    1372
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamC13 View Post
    It makes sense when someone understands what actually is occurring on the field. For example, when Chad Henne had Ginn, Camarillo, Hartline and Bess as his WR group and spread the ball around Miami was:

    Chad Henne record as Dolphin starter with Ginn, Camarillo, Bess and Hartline: 8-7 (PPG…24.0)

    When Henne had Marshall, Bess and Hartline as his WR group and targeted Marshall a ridiculous amount of times:

    Chad Henne record as Dolphin starter with Marshall: 5-11 (PPG...17.4)

    Just as coach Philbin says it isn't about having a #1 WR but about exploiting matchups.

    You can make this factual statement and post the link where the coach has been saying since day one, they still are not going to get it. It's just not in their DNA. They think Megatron's just fall from the tree.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -44
    Clipse's Avatar
    mediocrity sucks

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    13,001
    vCash:
    2576
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305 View Post
    Right because I'm always wrong. I guess time will tell..

    ---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------



    I'm not basing it on a couple of games, I'm basing on the potential he has display sparingly while he's been here. And now he finally gets his chance to be #1 and he's shinning.

    ---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------



    Over reaction to the NFL leader in Yards, and YPC and I'm over reacting. Right! You and all you life long pessimist can keep bringing the fact that I've been wrong in the past, bring it up over and over if you want. Call me out on it. If that's get you off, that's fine by me. When ever I make statements y'all don't agree, you guys are so quick to bring that ****. I don't give ****.
    So you don't give a **** that you're wrong all the time. Interesting... The reason you're wrong all the time is ridiculous homer threads like this overreacting because of a single fluke game having you believe that Hartline is a #1 WR. He's not. And if we have the misfortune of sitting through another Jeff Ireland offseason, he should be fired immediately if one isn't drafted in the first 2 rounds.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -45
    OyeDale305's Avatar
    MIA#1

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2010
    Posts:
    1,625
    vCash:
    1661
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamC13 View Post
    It makes sense when someone understands what actually is occurring on the field. For example, when Chad Henne had Ginn, Camarillo, Hartline and Bess as his WR group and spread the ball around Miami was:

    Chad Henne record as Dolphin starter with Ginn, Camarillo, Bess and Hartline: 8-7 (PPG…24.0)

    When Henne had Marshall, Bess and Hartline as his WR group and targeted Marshall a ridiculous amount of times:

    Chad Henne record as Dolphin starter with Marshall: 5-11 (PPG...17.4)

    Just as coach Philbin says it isn't about having a #1 WR but about exploiting matchups.
    Exploiting matchups.. lol exactly hey i bet you thought hartline was a #1 beast before the season huh? Cardinals played terrible and we executed well but does that mean we can do that all the time. Btw green bay had a #1 Wr his name is greg Jennings ever heard of him?
    Quote Quote  

  6. -46
    DolfanISS's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2002
    Posts:
    7,766
    vCash:
    6828
    Loc:
    Bellingham, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks

    SHHH!!!! It's Quiet! Hi Haters. Smack!

    Quote Originally Posted by R&R Express View Post
    Yes. A fluke. That's exactly what it is when so many of those yards came from one game that Hartline luckily pulled out of his ass. And then when Hartline disappears again like he always does despite being targeted more than every other receiver in the league except one, we can stop the foolishness. Hartline is not a number 1 WR. He'll continue to put up solid numbers since he's targeted more than everyone else but 1 other guy, but he's not a number 1 WR, and will disappear against top corners again and again like he did against Revis and Jonathan Joseph.

    Just SMH at anyone who thinks WR is all of a sudden not a huge need for us.
    Everyone disappears vs Revis, bad example. Go look up Calvin Johnson's and Andre Johnson's last games vs Revis. They were invisible. When Marshall was here he was shutdown also, unless you count 100 yard INT returns as a positive. We could use a better #1 no doubt but this whole "Hartline can't beat top CB's" argument is grossly overrated. How many top CB's are there in the league and most importantly on our schedule? Hartline will see a lot more William Gays the he does top CB's and he obviously kills those guys.
    The way Jeff Ireland took a GM's dream worth of cap space and draft picks and made the team worse in borderline miraculous.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -47
    AdamC13's Avatar
    Awe "Tight End" my favorite position!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2009
    Posts:
    2,184
    vCash:
    1155
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OyeDale305 View Post
    Exploiting matchups.. lol exactly hey i bet you thought hartline was a #1 beast before the season huh? Cardinals played terrible and we executed well but does that mean we can do that all the time. Btw green bay had a #1 Wr his name is greg Jennings ever heard of him?
    Yes I have. Ever hear of Jordy Nelson? In GB 15-1 season last year:

    Jennings: 68 catches, 101 targets, 949 yards, 9 TD
    Nelson: 67 catches, 96 targets, 1,263 yards, 15 TD
    Finley: 55 catches, 93 targets, 767 yards, 7 TD
    Jones: 38 catches, 55 targets, 635 yards, 7 TD
    Driver: 37 catches, 56 targets, 445 yards, 6 TD

    It's called SPREADING the ball around. So you think GB should have taken away 50 targets from Nelson and thrown it to Jennings just b/c you consider him a #1? Apparently the OC from GB last year believed in spreading the ball around, exploiting matchups and not just making sure a "supposed" #1 got his.

    You may want to do a little research rather than just throwing stuff out off the top of your head...just a thought.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -48
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2008
    Posts:
    171
    vCash:
    1043
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    Philbin is a G.

    Packers' season ended last year because of the tragedy Philbin endured. A lot of people underestimated how well Philbin can prepare his team, because he wasn't calling the plays in Green Bay. Philbin's attention to detail is the best thing that's happened to Miami in a long time.
    Tie your shoes, biotch! That stuff adds up.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -49
    dcnr226's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2007
    Posts:
    1,106
    vCash:
    1551
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305 View Post
    http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/10/0...vers-show.html


    With 752 combined yards, Bess and Hartline make up the league’s most productive wide receiving tandem through the season’s four weeks.??? What? I thought this was impossible.

    At the season’s quarter mark, Hartline is on pace to shatter Mark Clayton’s team record for receiving yards in a season (1,389). Hartline can break the record by averaging 78 yards per game for the rest of the season. - The Great Mark Clayton, still think Hartline doesn't qualify as #1 receiver? by this logic, Wes wouldn't be considered a number one either.

    Hartline Already has (6) +20 yard plays and (3) +40 yard plays. And with receivers who have atleast 25 receptions, he also leads the league in yards per catch at 18.2. I would die to be his agent right now.


    Then there’s Davone Bess, who ranks in the top-five league-wide in third-down receiving yards (142) and third-down catches (nine).

    Don't you know that Jeff Ireland doomed this team with a terrible wide receiving corps? How dare you spit FACT in the face of VITRIOLE!

    BIG THINGS TO COME FROM THE FINS..
    Quote Quote  

  10. -50
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    31,597
    vCash:
    24251
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamC13 View Post
    Yes I have. Ever hear of Jordy Nelson? In GB 15-1 season last year:

    Jennings: 68 catches, 101 targets, 949 yards, 9 TD
    Nelson: 67 catches, 96 targets, 1,263 yards, 15 TD
    Finley: 55 catches, 93 targets, 767 yards, 7 TD
    Jones: 38 catches, 55 targets, 635 yards, 7 TD
    Driver: 37 catches, 56 targets, 445 yards, 6 TD

    It's called SPREADING the ball around. So you think GB should have taken away 50 targets from Nelson and thrown it to Jennings just b/c you consider him a #1? Apparently the OC from GB last year believed in spreading the ball around, exploiting matchups and not just making sure a "supposed" #1 got his.

    You may want to do a little research rather than just throwing stuff out off the top of your head...just a thought.
    Ok lets look at our targets this year.
    Hartline 47
    Bess 32
    Fasano 23
    Bush 12
    Armstrong 9

    Last year
    Marshall 145
    Bess 83
    Hartline 67
    Fasano 54
    Bush 52
    Clay 25


    Neither of these look anything like Green Bays so called spreading the ball around. Hartline has been targeted more than any receiver in the NFL this year and has 1/3 more targets than the second receiver. Last year Marshall had 42 percent more of the targets than the number 2 but the ball was obviously overall more spread around than this year. Its early in the year and will change some but its obvious who our number one target is. So far the spread has been nothing close to what they have in Green Bay .

    The main point Im gonna make is there is a reason that Marshall was targeted so many times. I have this wild theory. He was the best receiver on our team by far and was open the most. Just because teams consider a player the number one receiver they are not going to throw it to him over and over if he is not open or has a chance to make a play. We spread the ball around quite a bit last year , the reason Green Bay's targets are so close is because their talent is so close.

    The previous year
    Jennings was targeted 125 times while JAmes Jones was targeted 87 times and Driver 84. The Packers like any other team will throw to their best receiver more than anybody else. The number last year are also skewed because Jenning missed three games.
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. * The official non-smack, make it smack thread!*
    By Enforcerfin33 in forum The Depths of the Sea
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-21-2007, 12:57 PM
  2. Shhh! Pirates of The Caribbean 2 Trailer Inside!
    By Nublar7 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-25-2005, 02:34 AM
  3. Shhh! The man speaks.....
    By Predaphin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-17-2003, 01:12 AM
  4. Smack will be talked in the Smack Thread
    By Migs182005 in forum The Depths of the Sea
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-08-2003, 11:07 AM
  5. Smack will be talked in the Smack Thread
    By Migs182005 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-23-2002, 05:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •