Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think we bring Ireland back because of Tannehill.

1. -1
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

I think we bring Ireland back because of Tannehill.

Ryan Tannehill probably has probably saved Jeff Ireland's job witht the Dolphins. The kid can obviously play, could be a real star in this league.
    Imagine if we could get a primmere WR9sucks to think what could have been with B.Marshall here) and a TE through free agency or the draft on the same field with Bess, Hartline, and Bush.

My argument to keep Ireland is not to ignore his failings, and they are many, but to admit that he hit on the biggest priority. A legitimate NFL QB who
    could be something special.

What if we get rid of Ireland. A new GM would bring in a new coach and Off Coord. That could stunt Tannehill's growth. Let's keep the same coaching staff that he's comfortable with and hope that Ireland can find a WR,TE, and some other needs to take us to the next level.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    lets all "HOPE" Ireland FINALLY does something he's been unable to do since he's been here

HOPE AND CHANGE...HOPE AND CHANGE ...HOPE AND CHANGE...HOPE AND CHANGE

Count me towards one that really wants hope and change...send Ireland packing
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've been saying for a few days on here that IMO firing Ireland is not worth the risk of losing Philbin and his staff as Joe is considerably more critical to this franchise's success at this point. It's also apparent that Philbin is positively influencing Jeff's drafts which is a good thing. Best case scenario would have Ross, who i think is smitten with our smart, focussed new coach with a vision and plan end up making those 2 equal partners in the player decision-making process.

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    The truth is out there.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Funny thought, but remember the rumors before the draft about how Ross was going to force Ireland to choose Tannehill?

I thought those rumors were bogus, and still do, but if there was truth to them, then Jeff could be ready to take a long walk off a short employment cliff.

This sig in memory of 'Crazylegs' Elroy Hirsch. Go. Packers.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    I've been saying for a few days on here that IMO firing Ireland is not worth the risk of losing Philbin and his staff as Joe is considerably more critical to this franchise's success at this point. It's also apparent that Philbin is positively influencing Jeff's drafts which is a good thing. Best case scenario would have Ross, who i think is smitten with our smart, focussed new coach with a vision and plan end up making those 2 equal partners in the player decision-making process.
    This is dead on! If we can stay competitive and win some games, I want to see Philbin's influence on drafting. At this point i think it will do more damage to blow it up.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    the annual ritual

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    in a bottle
    Thanks / No Thanks
    it looks like it's getting turned around. ireland and philbin aren't going anywhere.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    With Philbin and Sherman's WCO, I believe Stevie Wonder could have seen that RT was the only pick for this team. I give Ireland no credit or blame in making the selection. There was no other choice to even consider.

I also believe that the picks of Martin, Egnew, and Miller had our coaches prints on them. JMO
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Pretty sure it's a lock he's returning next year, which isn't a good thing but oh well.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why are we supposed to be 100% sold on either Ireland, Philbin, and Tanneyhill again? I do like what I have seen from RT, Philbin has been ok, and JI has been average at best. Not sure I'm sold on either after 4 games.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    With Philbin and Sherman's WCO, I believe Stevie Wonder could have seen that RT was the only pick for this team. I give Ireland no credit or blame in making the selection. There was no other choice to even consider.

I also believe that the picks of Martin, Egnew, and Miller had our coaches prints on them. JMO
    egnew was a given as soon as allen was taken off the board
    "I didn't feel like we had to score," Tannehill said. "I had the mindset we were going to score."

Quote Quote