Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Barry Jackson Talks FA's other Notes

1. -1
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin

Barry Jackson Talks FA's other Notes

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This whole free agent business is a complete debacle...

Smith, Hartline and Starks should have already been locked up a long time ago for a hell of a lot less than what they're going to end up with.

Bush should have been extended in the off season.

Long is the difficult one and none of the options seem too appealing, his trade value was probably at its peak 2 or 3 weeks ago when a few playoff hopeful teams had their QBs getting the snot kicked out of them. I guess I would grudgingly use my franchise tag here.

Fasano is probably a goner.

Who cares about Clemmons.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Keep Long until the off seaso. regardless how he finishes the year he is highly regarded around the league and is a great LT for a power blocking team. I would tag him 1st and a 3rd, let on to the league he maybe available but that we still value him and want him, albeit at a lower cost. If we can get a 20's selection in first round (maybe Bears) jump on it. We have his replacement already, RT can be had later in the draft. LG is a priority as well as Incognito just is not agile enough in ZBS.

Fasano is the leagues best #2 TE. Unfortunately he is our #1, he plays hard and is tough. I like him hope we can keep him, must find that #1 TE seem threat.

I'm hoping JG adds to the receiving core, maybe gets a year or 2 extension. We need to then spend some dough saved from Long trade on a playmaking WR (maybe a Bowe, Jennings, Cruz, Wallace). Hartline will be resigned, should have been completed this past offseason with Bush, may have lost some '13 offseason dough not signing them earlier.

Starks and Smith are 2 players who either lost alot of weight or the light bulb clicked on during contract year. Its a little scary, but Starks has been a team guy switching positions and body weight. Also he has produced at different positions, he should have made the probowl a few times while here. Smith just maybe finally reaching potential due to lack of experience as a corner. He is finally closing the gap on slants and using his length when playing the receiver, he has deflections and INT's he needs to keep producing. Probably no contract offer for SS24 til just before new league year. We need to draft atleast 3 corners in draft IMO boundary types and a slot type as well.

Clemons is a back up SS, but will want too much money for that role, we can replace him this year, hopefully with a high pick as well. He's fast but not agile and doesnt appear to be a student of the game, although he did finally get that elusive play. Great INT. Croyle has us on track as a secondary to have 20 INT's very nice, but the lack of FF is alarming. He desparately needs more talent on this D, but things point to a positive future with the whole team! Lets go Fins! It's been a happier place since we believe we have a QB! Finally!
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This is my biggest Concern, Personally I think Sherman may have an EGO problem in this regard:

Dolphins players think highly of offensive coordinator Mike Sherman, but there has been private questioning of some play calls, including three passes deep in Dolphins territory while protecting a lead against the Jets.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Diehard Phinatic!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This is a mess i cant believe none of these guys have been resigned yet. There is absolutely no way we can give Long a joe thomas like contract absolutely not! His play has slipped and hia body is wearing down we cant waste that type of money on the next tony boselli this team desperately needs playmakers. Kick Martin to LT and sign a solid RT or draft one in like the 3rd round. Let clemons walk too we need an upgrade at FS we can draft Mcdonald from USC or Reid from LSU and before resigning Fasano we need to see if we can find a seem threat TE and if we can then let fasano walk and we can still use mastrud for blocking and hope egnew develops. Lets not waste valuable cap space on servicable players we need to start adding playmakers totake that next step.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by phinatic1399 View Post
    This is a mess i cant believe none of these guys have been resigned yet. There is absolutely no way we can give Long a joe thomas like contract absolutely not! His play has slipped and hia body is wearing down we cant waste that type of money on the next tony boselli this team desperately needs playmakers. Kick Martin to LT and sign a solid RT or draft one in like the 3rd round. Let clemons walk too we need an upgrade at FS we can draft Mcdonald from USC or Reid from LSU and before resigning Fasano we need to see if we can find a seem threat TE and if we can then let fasano walk and we can still use mastrud for blocking and hope egnew develops. Lets not waste valuable cap space on servicable players we need to start adding playmakers totake that next step.
    Who should we have re-signed in the off season? Hartline was out injured the entire PS. Smith has been inconsistent at best. Long is a big question mark. Bush ad a VG year but, there are age and injury concerns.

I would not sign Long to a top ten QB contract. He just is not worth it. IF he is reasonable, fine. If not, move Martin over to LT, and re-sign Fasano for help. Starks and Soliai have adapted well to the new 4-3. However, Odrick belongs at DT, and is cheap. This one is a very tuff choice.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Diehard Phinatic!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    @southbeach2 i agree i think letting starks walk is an option too, i love starks but we can easily kick odrick inside and use randall and a backup and then maybe sign cliff avril or maybe vernon will be ready to step up or draft jarvis jones. We need to focus on our pass rush and pass defense our run defense might fall a little letting starks go but u know what im not concerned being #1 in run defense because teams are roasting our secondary.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I dont know about those 2 safeties. Reid to me looks more like a strong safety, definitely a very good one but with Jones we need a free safety and Elam looks like the guy. I freakin hate the Gators but that guy has got IT. He plays to take the ball away any means necessary!
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I know Philbin doesn't want to add big free agents from the outside via free agency, especially on offense. But if this team's plan after the year at WR is to just re-sign Hartline and draft a kid in rounds 2 or 3 and develop him that is a huge mistake. They need an impact WR badly. Hartline and Bess are good,I'm not knocking them, but they need a big-time guy to open up the offense and take that next step.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Does Joe Philbin have say or no say in FA? We have arguments here that he does not have anything to do with trades and cuts and that it is all up to Ireland. Other times we see articles like this.

I love the people that said Joe is absolved of personnel moves. He is just as involved as many of us figured making moves.
    Quote Quote