Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Some People NEED to have their votes suppressed

1. -11
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    I could get real as **** here, but I wont. People cant handle that ****.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I went ahead and actually watched the video. It is leading the respondents to the answer. Breitbart continually scrapes the bottom of the barrel.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
    I went ahead and actually watched the video. It is leading the respondents to the answer. Breitbart continually scrapes the bottom of the barrel.
    g a

Using a teleprompter during a debate? It's not exactly like asking who's buried in Grants tomb is it? All it did was expose some peoples ignorance to basic political reality. You know me Nate. If it had been GOP supporters saying Romney should have been able to debate surrounded by support staff to insure correct answers, I'd rail on that. My point is we have the government we have because we allow people like this to control the process.

I appreciate passion in politics as much as i do in sports. But i despise ignorance of the issue as much as i appreciate the passion. I'm not calling these people ignorant on the whole, what I'm calling them is ignorant on a process they profess to be passionate about.

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    g a

Using a teleprompter during a debate? It's not exactly like asking who's buried in Grants tomb is it? All it did was expose some peoples ignorance to basic political reality. You know me Nate. If it had been GOP supporters saying Romney should have been able to debate surrounded by support staff to insure correct answers, I'd rail on that. My point is we have the government we have because we allow people like this to control the process.

I appreciate passion in politics as much as i do in sports. But i despise ignorance of the issue as much as i appreciate the passion. I'm not calling these people ignorant on the whole, what I'm calling them is ignorant on a process they profess to be passionate about.
    Tetra is absolutely right.
    He is using a leading question. His questions lead the respondent to believe that Romney did use a teleprompter and Obama somehow was disallowed.
    Using a leading question is a very useful tactic to get a desired question. That';s why this tactic is disallowed in a court of law.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    Tetra is absolutely right.
    He is using a leading question. His questions lead the respondent to believe that Romney did use a teleprompter and Obama somehow was disallowed.
    Using a leading question is a very useful tactic to get a desired question. That';s why this tactic is disallowed in a court of law.
    So, I'm the only one who understands that teleprompters at a debate are as useless as teats on a boar? Lemmings get lead. Are people too poor to pay attention anymore?
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Most of those people in that video don't even know what a teleprompter is. The reporter should have asked "do you even know what a teleprompter is", right after asking the first question.

Too many idiots in this country, the voting system needs to be revamped. I think there needs to be some tests, procedures you go through to be allowed to vote.

I'd say if you have went through military, or have a degree, or own a small business (some sort of corporate license), you're good to go to vote. But everyone else, should go through various tests, general education, to make sure these citizens actually understand even half of what they're listening when they're viewing these campaigns or debates.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertical Limit View Post
    Most of those people in that video don't even know what a teleprompter is. The reporter should have asked "do you even know what a teleprompter is", right after asking the first question.

Too many idiots in this country, the voting system needs to be revamped. I think there needs to be some tests, procedures you go through to be allowed to vote.

I'd say if you have went through military, or have a degree, or own a small business (some sort of corporate license), you're good to go to vote. But everyone else, should go through various tests, general education, to make sure these citizens actually understand even half of what they're listening when they're viewing these campaigns or debates.
    The founding fathers would be turning in their graves if we did this. Ignorant or not, they meant for every single U.S. citizen to have a voice in the selection of their representatives. Who gives a **** what they do or don't know. There are just as many fools voting blindly for Democrats as there are voting blindly for Republicans. And really, the people you outlined, who tend to be registered Independents, are the ones that decide most elections anyways. So really, I see no need to change anything. People just focus on the voting bases of each party because that's where you get the most one-liners, ridiculous quotes, and absurd situations. From both sides of the political spectrum...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

8. -18
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertical Limit View Post

Wow, USA the country of the unfree.

I believe that this statement is a simple bait attempt. I can not believe that a person lives in this country and actually thinks this way.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    The founding fathers would be turning in their graves if we did this. Ignorant or not, they meant for every single U.S. citizen to have a voice in the selection of their representatives.
    Except for black people, Native Americans, women, and anyone who didn't own property. They would probably roll more knowing they can vote now.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
    Except for black people, Native Americans, women, and anyone who didn't own property. They would probably roll more knowing they can vote now.
    I was going to say the same thing. Im shocked that Locke of all people was so lost when he made that post. The founding fathers made it to where only landowners were allowed to vote. I believe it was a 50 acre minimum of something like that. To run for office, you had to own a larger number. I just happened to study this Thursday night in class btw. The professor was speaking of this exact issue.

It was their way of ensuring people involved in the process actually had a steak in the outcome of these elections. They did not want people with nothing to lose being able to have a say.
    Quote Quote