Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Philbin's Game Management

1. -101
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm coming around on Philbin.

I was very excited when we hired him and drafted Tannehill. I thought he'd be the perfect coach to implement a modern offense and groom Tannehill into a franchise QB. I do admit though that I definately had a foot off his bandwagon after Hard Knocks and the preseason. He didn't come off as someone that I thought would get the players to buy into his program and get maximum effort from them if things went bad.

I admit that I've been wrong after 5 games. I definately think we're outplaying our talent. We could very easily be 4-1 if things would've broken a little differently. I'm very excited about the future of our team for the first time in a long time.

Now Philbin has had some game management issues that have contributed to our team losing 2 winnable games. Not saying we would have won for sure if not for his mistakes, but I do think they've had a big impact. However, I do think he'll improve. These are his first 5 games as an NFL Head Coach after all.

I expect Philbin to improve in these type of situations and I also think Tannehill will improve in these situations as well. I think we should really wait to see how Philbin/Tannehill improve throughout this season and next season until we really start to worry about it. I expect at this time next year this will be a non issue.
    Quote Quote  

2. -102
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    Joe and his staff have done some great things this year. I have gone out of my way to list them within this post. Whether someone cares to actually read them is not on me. My issues today was the FG attempt and final offensive possession. We also had some issues in the NYJ and Arizona game in terms of play selection and deciding when to attempt a FG.
    I read all your stuff Hayden. I am also aware of your PIE principle, which i agree totally with.

I like to pick on you a little because your a good guy. its a respect thing. and your damn gophers kicked my SU azz too.
    Quote Quote  

3. -103
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    I do not think the post was negative at all. I have stated where I feel Joe is as a coach at this point. A lot of good and some bad.

BTW, aren't you the one that wanted Matt Moore to start?

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

Didn't you want Pete Carmichael?
    If you pull my original get real thread of the preseason, I wanted Tannehill to be the starter from day 1.
    Quote Quote  

4. -104
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think some of the issues are non issuses. Philbin is much more aggressive than sparano. The downside to being aggressive is it isn't all ways going to work. I like going for the 53 yards field goal because philbin didn't take his foot off the gas. I'm glad when we get up by 11 we are still trying to score points. How many games did sparano lose because we got a lead then ran the ball and prayed for the clock to run? Philbin plays to win and i love. I watched this team play not to lose long enough. We need to learn to bury teams. The talent level in this league is equal from team to team you can't let up or you will get bit in the ass. Charles clay ran out of bounds because he did something stupid. Do you want philbin to grab a helmet and go tackle him in bounds.
    Quote Quote  

5. -105
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks

Joe Philbin's Game Management

2 plays that there was nothing wrong with being called they were just poorly executed. If the FG is good and Clay stays inbounds, do you still create a thread bashing the decisions?
    Quote Quote  

6. -106
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yes Philbin and Sherman suck! Let's go back to the glory days of the fist pump offense.
    ~the glass is half full bandwagon~
    Quote Quote  

7. -107
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Münchweiler, Germany
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jjizzim View Post
    [...] Any NFL kicker should be trusted to make a 53 yard FG, if not then he shouldn't be in the damn league. [...]
    Exactly this.
    Quote Quote  

8. -108
    Don´t mess with Clint

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Berlin, Germany
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the playcalling is as good as ever...you guys want dan henning back ?
    Quote Quote  

9. -109
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    COACHINGKevin Coyle has done great work preparing his unit when it was without its second-best cornerback. The Bengals were not able to take advantage. Offensively, Mike Sherman again continued to call pass plays late in the game instead of running the football to burn clock. Yes, the pass connected. Yes, the run would have been against eight-man fronts. But he looked silly when Charles Clay ran out of bounds on the pass he caught, giving the Bengals 1:45 to possibly win the game.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/10/0...lphins-vs.html

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/10/0...#storylink=cpy
    Quote Quote  

10. -110
    Phantom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am really shocked at the play of Charles Clay, i hope he gets it together soon. The guy gets open, we need him to make plays. Going out of bounds is brutal, what a brain fart.
    Quote Quote