Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Philbin's Game Management

1. -111
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This is the worst thread I've ever seen on here and thats saying something.

So you're saying Philbin is not playing not to lose soon enough. I'd like to know specifically at what point in the game you feel like a 4 point lead is good enough to shut it down. Five minutes left? Four?

Philbin has not made a single game management mistake so far by my count. On the 53 yarder the percentages between punting, going for it and kicking the field goal is probably something like 33-33-33, if you want to monday morning head coach over 1% be my guest. I like going for it because if he makes it its a confidence booster for future kicks.

Please give some more examples of poor game management, I'll be happy to shoot those down as well.
    Quote Quote  

2. -112
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    This is the worst thread I've ever seen on here and thats saying something.

So you're saying Philbin is not playing not to lose soon enough. I'd like to know specifically at what point in the game you fell like a 4 point lead is good enough to shut it down. Five minutes left? Four?

Philbin has not made a single game management mistake so far by my count. The percentages between punting, going for it and kicking the field goal is probably something like 33-33-33, if you want to monday morning head coach over 1% be my guest. I like going for it because if he makes it its a confidence booster for future kicks.

Please give some of examples of poor game management, I'll be happy to shoot those down as well.
    1. It is not Monday Morning QBing when I make the thread as it is happening.

2. I have already stated my other issues from the Jets and Cardinals game. I have done that within this thread. Also, other media types from South Fla. have mentioned it as well.

3. I am sure you will be able to "shoot them down" though considering all the arguments that are opposite of my are written in this thread. Brave.
    Quote Quote  

3. -113
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    The only media types that have said anything is Armando. And well he's and idiot.

Quote Quote  

4. -114
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    1. It is not Monday Morning QBing when I make the thread as it is happening.

2. I have already stated my other issues from the Jets and Cardinals game. I have done that within this thread. Also, other media types from South Fla. have mentioned it as well.

3. I am sure you will be able to "shoot them down" though considering all the arguments that are opposite of my are written in this thread. Brave.
    Like I said the thread is terrible and I got pretty bored 2 pages in. Why don't you start by telling us how much time you need on the clock before shutting down the offense with a 4 point lead.
    Last edited by roy_miami; 10-08-2012 at 08:34 AM.
    Quote Quote  

5. -115
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinatic8u View Post
    The only media types that have said anything is Armando. And well he's and idiot.
    http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/

"Dolphins players think highly of offensive coordinator Mike Sherman, but there has been private questioning of some play calls, including three passes deep in Dolphins territory while protecting a lead against the Jets."

Fins player have questioned game management too. This is off Mike Sherman, but last time I checked Joe was the HC.

Why can't people admit he has to grow as a coach? I am willing to give him time. At the same time, why can't people on the other side admit he will have rough patches early as rookie HC?
    Quote Quote  

6. -116
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    Like I said the thread is terrible and I got pretty bored 2 pages in. Why don't you start by telling us how much time you need on the clock before shutting down the offense with a 4 point lead.
    How about you go and read what is there as opposed to me litigating the case again?
    Quote Quote  

7. -117
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How about you go and read what is there as opposed to me litigating the case again?
    I already know you were upset last week we didn't shut it down leaving them with 2 minutes and 3 timeouts so I can only assume you would be happy shutting it down with even more time, so how much? You think 3 minutes and 3 timeouts is too little time for a team to go 80 yards for a TD?

If you think 2 minutes and 3 timeouts is too little time to go 80 yards for most NFL offenses then you just don't watch enough football. We let Tebow score twice in that amount of time for crying out loud.
    Last edited by roy_miami; 10-08-2012 at 09:30 AM.
    Quote Quote  

8. -118
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    this threads swings and misses big time...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

9. -119
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Give the Man some time to work the kinks out...Philbin is doing a good job and the team is competing at a higher level that the last several years.

Chill-axe
    Quote Quote  

10. -120
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    All you keep saying over and over is you're upset that he doesn't shut it down earlier aka play not to lose.

I suppose you also think Belichick is an idiot for going for it on 4th down with a 10 point lead late in the game.
    Quote Quote