Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Philbin's Game Management

1. -41
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hayden u are to closed minded, if clay gets first it's called wining the game. Clay is just a dummy for his decision(not coaches fault). Guess turnovers and Carpenter is all Joes fault that they can't execute. Listen the coaches have made a difference in a good way. Is Joe doing it perfect nope. But I play to win. U must trust your players can make the play and be smart about it too. Clay is showing his brain not all there. Carpenter will be replaced either now or by next year most def 10-25 no excuse sorry.

Coaches are part of the game plan but players have to make the play. This coaching staff so far is 1000000000 percent better then what we have had. Guy even cuts a bum like Nabum , come on. U dig to deep

We wonnnnnn!!!! Lol team is scrappy and is showing PROMISE
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    One of 16 Vestal Virgins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    leaving for the coast
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Up until this weekend . of the top 25 kickers statistically who tried 50plus FGs, they collectively made 25 of 29 of 'em. Carp had the distance.. he screwed the pooch..... again.

Quote Quote  

3. -43
    DEPRESSED BY REALITY

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CT
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodleman View Post
    I cant believe ppl are actually complaining about having your kicker attempt a 53yd FG.....are you serious? Carp definitely has the leg to make that kick. Most teams would allow there kicker to attempt the FG. If they would have punted the same ppl would be bitching about the coach being too conservative. Jesus...Miami wins and still there is complaining. It is truly mind boggling what some "fans" post on here. Complain about Clay running out of bounds if you are going to complain about anything. At least let most of the real fans enjoy a victory til monday before trying to ruin it.lol
    I thing most of us are enjoying the win but it's fair to talk about it. Most kickers I don't have a problem with kicking a 53 yarder. Carp probably makes that 2-3 years ago. However the last year or two that's a very likely miss that puts the Bengals in good field position. Carpenter unfortunately is lost on those 40+ kicks. Agree, nothing wrong with the bootleg other than Clays lack of understanding of the situation.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinatic8u View Post
    That clearly wasn't working today. So you try a bootleg pass to a wide open player and you never know. But that dumbass went outta bounds.
    Run the ball and punt it. They would have had 40 seconds fewer than they did. It was about field position and the defense at that point...not closing it out.

Also, the staff has some responsibility in terms of Clay's mental block. A) they should drill in him he needs to stay in bounds B) why is Clay getting the call?

Sorry, Joe Philbin has struggled on game day folks.

Of course, those flaming will not read all the posts, but I have praised Philbin to no end on his preparation Monday through Saturday. As rookie HC he is struggling on Sunday sometimes. Not sure how that is up for debate outside the fact people do not want to acknowledge the HC has some developing to do.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Billk78 View Post
    Im starting to get down on him as well. Eventually a lot of close losses is on the coach. Having Carpenter try a 53 yarder when youre up by 11 is foolish.
    Do you not think Carpenter would think to himself that his own coach has no faith in him to make FGs if they don't trot him out there to do his only job in life?
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    What's holding Philbin back is we need a go to play maker it shows when the game is on the line.

The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

7. -47
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by whodizking View Post
    Hayden u are to closed minded, if clay gets first it's called wining the game. Clay is just a dummy for his decision(not coaches fault). Guess turnovers and Carpenter is all Joes fault that they can't execute. Listen the coaches have made a difference in a good way. Is Joe doing it perfect nope. But I play to win. U must trust your players can make the play and be smart about it too. Clay is showing his brain not all there. Carpenter will be replaced either now or by next year most def 10-25 no excuse sorry.

Coaches are part of the game plan but players have to make the play. This coaching staff so far is 1000000000 percent better then what we have had. Guy even cuts a bum like Nabum , come on. U dig to deep

We wonnnnnn!!!! Lol team is scrappy and is showing PROMISE
    I am actually open-minded. I am also demanding progress in all elements of the team and that includes the HC.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Sopwith Camel Pilot

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aviano, Italy
    Thanks / No Thanks

Joe Philbin's Game Management

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    Run the ball and punt it. They would have had 40 seconds fewer than they did. It was about field position and the defense at that point...not closing it out.

Also, the staff has some responsibility in terms of Clay's mental block. A) they should drill in him he needs to stay in bounds B) why is Clay getting the call?

Of course, those flaming will not read all the posts, but I have praised Philbin to no end on his preparation Monday through Saturday. As rookie HC he is struggling on Sunday sometimes. Not sure how that is up for debate outside the fact people do not want to acknowledge the HC has some developing to do.
    You really have no idea about what you're seeing.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The guy is a rookie head coach that will make mistakes.Just like a rookie quarterback will make mistakes.This whole place needs to temper there expectations this season God just enjoy the win
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post

Get the first down and the game is over. That is what we call 'Going for the Jugular'. Many here have complained the Dolphins haven't had that killer instinct in years.

Where's the complaint? Do you think Brees, Brady, Rodgers, etc would run the ball? They're winners and winners go for the kill.
    Quote Quote