Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Philbin's Game Management

1. -61
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    PSL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm not sure it's fair to pile on the OP for his assessment here. We didn't do a good job of chewing up the clock at the end of the game, and the Clay play wasn't the only pass play we had that probably should have been a run. That said we won, and I have faith in Phibin. ALL coaches make decisions that will get second guessed a lot. Goes with the territory. The guy on the other side of the field is likely to make some mistakes too, and if you have a good coach (and I think Philbin is) at the very least the game management errors will balance out. I thought it was dumb to take the penalty on Cincis holding call on there last drive. 2nd and 20 or 3rd and 10 with very limited time on the clock. IMHO the lost down was greater value than ten yds when they have to go the field, but it is what it is. Hard not to be positive though about the sum of Philbins work to this point.
    Quote Quote  

2. -62
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    Where are you when I give Joe credit for things? You just want to be personal. You will make one post that actually makes a strong point about the actual games then the next half dozen are personal. Deep analysis.
    Because things get real stupid real quick here. And your thread here, is typical of it. You talk about personal, but yet you just did it yourself. I could careless about half of what you write. But sitting back reading the game day thread, then the post game thoughts. It shows your biases. Your so caught up in your own BS, you can't see it. But many others here do.

Take a break and walk away from the comp for abit. You have no more 'deep analysis' than anyone else here. You are someone who sticks to the same narrative through thick and thin. And its getting old. You just don't like getting called on it.
    Quote Quote  

3. -63
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by fininpsl View Post
    I'm not sure it's fair to pile on the OP for his assessment here. We didn't do a good job of chewing up the clock at the end of the game, and the Clay play wasn't the only pass play we had that probably should have been a run. That said we won, and I have faith in Phibin. ALL coaches make decisions that will get second guessed a lot. Goes with the territory. The guy on the other side of the field is likely to make some mistakes too, and if you have a good coach (and I think Philbin is) at the very least the game management errors will balance out. I thought it was dumb to take the penalty on Cincis holding call on there last drive. 2nd and 20 or 3rd and 10 with very limited time on the clock. IMHO the lost down was greater value than ten yds when they have to go the field, but it is what it is. Hard not to be positive though about the sum of Philbins work to this point.
    I agree but, sometimes it's "The Altitude of Attitude."
    Quote Quote  

4. -64
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    philbin is fine.

but i am starting to think life would be better without Ireland.
    Quote Quote  

5. -65
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanDuBbZ~ View Post
    Jeff Fisher wouldn't have.
    and how many NFL Super Bowls has he won in about 18 years? One conference championship though..

Ill take Big Bill 3 super bowls and 5 conference championships. In fact, most of the recent NFL Super Bowl coaches have more aggressive coaching staff...

(I'm pretty sure you were being sarcastic)
    Quote Quote  

6. -66
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fininpsl View Post
    It sure is fair to disagree with the OP and call it BS. When the OP sits in the game day thread and bashes Philbin and then continue's post game, eventually someone is gonna say something.

If it seems people are piling on, its because people don't agree and are tired of the same **** different day from the OP.

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jamaicankid21 View Post
    and how many NFL Super Bowls has he won in about 18 years? One conference championship though..

Ill take Big Bill 3 super bowls and 5 conference championships. In fact, most of the recent NFL Super Bowl coaches have more aggressive coaching staff...

(I'm pretty sure you were being sarcastic)

Quote Quote  

7. -67
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Because things get real stupid real quick here. And your thread here, is typical of it. You talk about personal, but yet you just did it yourself. I could careless about half of what you write. But sitting back reading the game day thread, then the post game thoughts. It shows your biases. Your so caught up in your own BS, you can't see it. But many others here do.

Take a break and walk away from the comp for abit. You have no more 'deep analysis' than anyone else here. You are someone who sticks to the same narrative through thick and thin. And its getting old. You just don't like getting called on it.
    I've only seen a few "Deep Analysis" on the forum. Some of CK's posts, and the one from Bahamas are the only two which come to mind. Many others are VG, with some better than the media.
    Quote Quote  

8. -68
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    I've only seen a few "Deep Analysis" on the forum. Some of CK's posts, and the one from Bahamas are the only two which come to mind. Many others are VG, with some better than the media.
    Too some degree yes. CK and TedSlimm along w/ a few others have some good insight. It really comes down to what or if you are trying to push something here.
    Quote Quote  

9. -69
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Too some degree yes. CK and TedSlimm along w/ a few others have some good insight. It really comes down to what or if you are trying to push something here.
    Guess you missed Bahamas secondary run down, it was great. He has nothing to push, other than his love of Kalik beer, which does SUCK. LOL

I'll post his next run down. I believe you will enjoy it.
    Quote Quote  

10. -70
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Frankly I think Philbin is doing a amazing job with a rookie qb and subpar talent Ireland gave him
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote