Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: David Garrard is not a team guy or a leader

1. -1
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo

David Garrard is not a team guy or a leader

### Garrard’s rise to slight front-runner would surprise many. One AFC head coach told me at the March owners meetings he would definitely start Moore over Garrard; an NFC head coach insisted Moore’s talent is underestimated; and ESPN’s Ron Jaworski called Garrard’s addition “underwhelming,” noting he’s "solid" but “not a guy that will elevate a team.”

CBS’ Rich Gannon said “Garrard has to re-dedicate himself, study, be more of a vocal leader. He’s got a ways to go, and that’s unusual for a guy with as many starts as he has.” A Jaguars source said Garrard got fat and happy after Jacksonville gave him a big contract in 2008. But Garrard has impressed the Dolphins with his performance and professionalism
    http://profootballzone.com/nfl/repor...008/#&panel1-9

If you keep this guy around long enough his true character will eventually show. He is doing a good job fooling a lot of people right now. His own teammates in Jacksonville knew he was a locker room cancer that didnt really care if the team had success once he got his money. Cut David Garrard.

Whats the date a player has to make it to before he can collect his full salary for the year if he is injured and cant play?

Do yourself a favor and mark that time down. Its right around then when David Garrard will have an "injured back" again and not be able to play. Ive seen it a million times. Its no different than the bums who take workers comp when they are more than capable of working. When teammates say he got "fat and happy" thats telling you the guy is in it just for the money and could care less about competing and winning.

Dont be shocked when he does it to the phins and collects that check. He could be injured this season and use all the hype the phins have given him about how he has had a great camp to get himself another contract next year from a different team and pull the same garbage.

Dude just wants to ride his water skis. He isnt interested in playing football. Why do you think he didnt comeback last season? He came back this year to get one last check, maybe two if he gets a good endorsement from our coaches.

Watch it happen. Dont say I didnt warn you. David Garrard will troll the **** out of you if you let him. It was a huge mistake to ever bring this guy in. And if we do something really stupid like trade Matt Moore before Garrard gets injured, that leaves us with Tannehill to start, which is fine by me, but it leaves us with no real backup at all. But, David Garrard wont care about that. He will collect his check and chill on his boat. Im just tryin to tell you.

Last edited by Flip Tanneflop; 08-08-2012 at 10:21 PM.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo West CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Second chances can do wonders. I was always under the impression that he was a pretty good guy. I have to ask myself though. What the hell is a guy doing water-skiing when he is competing for a spot on a NFL roster when coming off back surgery. I realize it does not compare to being blindsided in the pocket, but if I were him that is one chance I would not take.

MY FAM
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Man...people are coming out the sheds since the HardKnock premiere
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallaw View Post
    Man...people are coming out the sheds since the HardKnock premiere
    This dude really hates Garrard for some reason.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    U cry about the $$$, we do the dirtywork

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Polk, La
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wow...sure...why not...
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Maybe he just got tired of being on a terrible jacksonville team... I don't really care what he did in the past right now he is proving to be a pretty good player and might give us the best chance to win which is all I care about he's not gonna be here long term anyways... tannehill is the future and they all know it
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Punching Bag

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Shark city
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Honestly we dont need him for anything over a year or two.. probably 1

Quote Originally Posted by CedarPhin View Post
    We've got to make HOF an honorary Crew member.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBeckHOF View Post
    I want no part of induction into your sinful little get-together you have here, squatting on internet bandwith that could be used in better, more productive ways.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There is no future to Garrard.......he is 34 years old with a history of back problems....this is filler until Tannehill takes this job for a decade.
    Jay Fiedler can take his'n and lose to your'n.....or take your'n and lose to his'n.

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Milford, CT
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah because Garrard's contract gives him time to be "fat and happy". Dude knows he needs to perform. He knows his future isn't with Miami but his future depends on what he does in Miami.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    The world is your's...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    LI, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He'll be starting for us for the absolute maximum of one season. He'll have no time or opportunity to get "fat and happy".
    That being said, Tannehill should start.

"I don't have pet peeves, I have psychotic ****ing hatred"
    Quote Quote