Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tannehill is last in the nfl (#32)

1. -11
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by miamiron View Post
    In passing TDs with 2 after 5 games
    on pace for 6 for the season...any concerns???
    Ill respond to this stupid comment the same way I did when you made the stupid comment in another thread. You think that might have to do with the fact we never let him throw the ball inside the 10 unless its 3rd down and everyone knows he's going to pass the ball? We have, what 10-11 rushing TD's? We also lack any kind of red-zone threat. Bess and Hartline for all they've done this year, do NOT create mis-matches inside the redzone. Neither is a physical presence. While most teams use playaction on 1st and goal to get an easy passing td, we just pound the ball, which works most the time but not all the time. Tough to get passing TD's when you never let you QB throw the ball in the endzone inside your 10 and the few times you do its 3rd down. Also tough to get long passing touchdowns when you dont have a WR who can create on his own. His lack of TD's has nothing to do with his ability. You actually watch the games or just follow the statline? Its no coincidence that both of his TD passes have come outside the 10 yard line. QB's get the majority of their TD passes inside the 10-15 yard line. Tannehill doesnt get that benefit.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No, at least not yet... cause that's only part of the story:

he's also #15 in total yds/ 16 in yds/attempt and 17 in yds/game. So long as he moves us into scoring positions and continues to entrust the lead to his kicker and defenders, I can live with this for a rookie with 5 starts.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/pl...t/passingYards

Dear Math, please grow up and solve your own problems, I'm tired of solving them for you. -Anon

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Scotch Plains NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    Im concerned that you might be a ****ing troll bro. But, other than that.... no.
    After reading your game day analysis and reading this thread I was waiting for your response. classic!!!!
    LETS GO FINS!!!
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    Im concerned that you might be a ****ing troll bro. But, other than that.... no.
    6,500 posts grow the f*** up
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    DEPRESSED BY REALITY

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CT
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd be concerned if we had receiving weapons that are a true threat especially inside the 10. When your best target in those scenario is Fasano, I would not expect big TD numbers. No cut on Fasano as he's solid overall, but far from an elite go to threat.

Even with what we have, I pretty sure you'll see the TD passes pick up as the season progresses.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    It is what it is...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Location is everything...
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Nope.. we're running in the redzone more, and a lot of our td's are coming on the ground.. Tannehill was very efficient today, and has thrown very well against the blitz. The yards and percentages are there, and passing TD's will come.. I like what I see with Tannehill, and I think it's only the beginning of what we're going to see from him.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by miamiron View Post
    In passing TDs with 2 after 5 games
    on pace for 6 for the season...any concerns???

Yes, the Dolphins should trade him immediately. Are you kidding? He just got done playing only his fifth NFL game, a win on the road, and he has improved every week. It looks like the sky is the limit with him and you think we should be concerned? Amazing.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rickd13 View Post
    Yes, the Dolphins should trade him immediately. Are you kidding? He just got done playing only his fifth NFL game, a win on the road, and he has improved every week. It looks like the sky is the limit with him and you think we should be concerned? Amazing.
    What's amazing is your over the top reaction to a very simple question
    and yes I'm still concerned
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    This thread is about herp with a bit of derp
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rickd13 View Post
    And considering he should be 4-1 in those first 5 games is ****ing impressive. Only somebody who doesnt watch the game or has no common sense at all would concern themselves with his lack of TD passes. As mentioned by everyone with a clue, the Dolphins dont even TRY to throw the ball in the endzone. If they were doing what other teams did and were running playaction on 1st and 2nd down inside the 10 and we still weren't getting passing TD's and instead were settling for FG's it'd be a different story. And thats not even mentioning the fact we dont have a redzone threat to throw to.
    Quote Quote