When Ryan starts throwing TD passes on a consistent basis, I'll take this list a little more seriously.
RG3 has put up some pretty great numbers, Ponder really looks good and at this point I would still have to put Dalton ahead just because he did it for a whole season. Cam Newton HAS to be up there also, but RT is off to a great start and isn't making those "whadda think'n" kinda plays I was expecting from him. I also think the coaching staff is doing and excellent job of putting him into situations that give him a chance to be successful.
We have been waiting 15 years to find a QB to build around, I think we are now there. Let the building BEGIN!!!!
Tanny has thrown some cripplimg picks and did lose to Mark Sanchez. And you have alotta playoff QBs on there man. I get you putting Dalton, but not Cutler, Romo, Vick. Ponder, RG3, and Bradford are comparable to Tanny at this point.
Like someome said, a 'would you trade for' question might be better.
1) Fitzpatrick - (AGREED)
2) Sanchez - (AGREED, WAS BEING TOTALLY CODDLED EARLY AND NOW UNDERMINDED BY HIS CS)
3) Weeden - (AGREED HE MIGHT BE A GOOD STARTER BUT I DONT FEEL HIS CEILING IS HIGH)
4) Dalton -(AGREED I BELIEVE HE HAS ALREADY PEAKED PHYSICALLY WILL GET SMARTER BUT HAS MAXED OUT HIS SKILLS)
5) Gabbert - (AGREED HE BLOWS PRODUCT OF A WEAK CLASS)
6) Locker - (UNKOWN, WORK IN PROGRESS)
7) Palmer - (PAST HIS PRIME ON THE DECLINE AGREED)
8) Cassel - (PATS HYPE CREATION SOOO AGREED)
9) Romo - (I DONT KNOW ABOUT THIS BUT WITH HIS WEAPONS HE SHOULD BE BETTER MAYBE SOON BUT NOT NOW IMO)
10) Vick - (I DONT KNOW ABOUT THIS ONE VICK IS NOT ELITE AND IS ALWAYS HURT TANNEHILL HAS SHOWN HE IS TOUGH AGAIN MAYBE SOON BUT NOT NOW)
11) Bob Griffin the turd- (WE WILL SEE I THINK HE IS TOO SMALL AND I THINK TANNEHILL HAS A BETTER NFL BODY RIGHT NOW I SAY EVEN RG3 BLEW ON THE SCENE SO PEOPLE ARE ALL WIDE EYED OVER HIM)
12) Cutler - (AVERAGE ATHLETE RELIES ON HIS ARM TANNEHILL ISNT TO CUTLER YET BUT HIS CEILING IS WAY HIGHER IMO PLUS HE ISNT A COMPLETE BASKETCASE)
13) Ponder - (WORK IN PROGRESS CHECK BACK LATER)
14) Scam Newton - (LETS SEE HOW HE ADJUST MIGHT BE GREAT OR RIGHT WHERE HE IS AT RIGHT NOW LETS SEE IF HIS DRIVE MATCHES PHYSICAL IMPRESSIVENESS I THINK TANNEHILL AND HE ARE EVEN AS OF RIGHT NOW)
15) Josh Freeman - (COMPLETELY OVER RATED SO AGREED)
16) Wilson - (CARROLL HYPE GUY LIT UP 3RD AND 4TH STRINGERS AND WAS GIVEN A WIN BY REFS PEOPLE ARE WAY TO HIGH ON HIM AGREED)
17) Bradford - (GOOD QB BUT IS HURT ALOT AND NOT A VERY GOOD ATHLETE OVERALL AGREED)
18) Kolb - (HYPE CREATED BY ANDY REID WAY OVER RATED SOOOO AGREED)
Last edited by Dolphinator530; 10-08-2012 at 12:17 PM.
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
I look at it this way....how many rookie QB's win the job, play tough teams week in week out, and do this kind of damage?
Get another big TE and WR and throw in Swope and this team will rock.
Can't disagree strongly with anyone on your list, maybe one or two it is hard to judge because I haven't seen them enough or because Tannehill has played so few games, but you are in the right ball park. We don't however know how he handles the pressure of big games, the playoff games in January so I would be inclined to wait until we know that.
RObert Griffen ? come on man
Scam Newton...... you mean the guy that is now 7-14 as a starter? Wouldnt you argue Steve Smith is way better than any WR Tannebeast has? Newton has 2 solid RBs. Matt Moore won more games with that team in less starts than Scam Newton.
What were his pathetic numbers today against a weak Seattle team....in Carolina too. A west coast team traveling east and Newton still couldnt get it done. #1 overall pick. You guys can buy into the hype all you want. I see Newton for what he is..... TOTAL BUST!!!!
If you think Newton is a better player than Tannebeast, youre watching a completely different game than I am. Or youre not watching games and just listening to the sock puppets on ESPN and NFLN. There is a reason that Deion Sanders dosent have a little tune for Tannehill's name yet and its not because he isnt as good of a player as Newton.