Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233343536 LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 354

Thread: A list of the current starting NFL QBs that Ryan Tannehill is ALREADY better than.

  1. -311
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,907
    vCash:
    24614
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SSnowman View Post
    Colts beat the Packers. I guess the Jets are better than the Packers now!

    Also pretty funny that you left the Rams game out of your stupid argument. Rams beat the Cardinals. Dolphins beat the Rams.

    Hilarious how you can call yourself a "football fan" when you compare how different teams did against common opponents.
    what do those games have to do w/ anything? my comment was in direct response to your resident homer/excuse maker removing mark's best game of the year b/c it was against Buffalo.

    Quote Originally Posted by SigmaOmega View Post
    To answer in order of your (rhetorical?) questions:

    1. College is really only an estimate of the potential of a player. The "speed of the game" is drastically different. So the first point you attempt raise should be moot. It's how quickly can the player adapt to it all in the pros. Are you also insinuating that we are unable go to the title game?

    2. Systems don't matter in this scenario. At some point, his job is to be proficient in the system he's given. So far, he's excelling in it.

    3. You can't use the transitive property in sports. It just doesn't apply.
    of course he has a huge edge knowing the system inside and out having played in it under Sherman in College.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    I know Oakland a week after we pummeled them they beat the team that almost tripled your score. I also think if you wanna compare Tannehill to Sanchez, you should take into consideration that we're the best team you came out on top of and that over a 4 week stretch you scored 3 offensive TDs including suffering a humiliating shutout at home. So you think Tannehill and Sanchez are equally talented? And that's the equalizer over Grossman-Lite's 4th season just because Ryan was in the system before in college, then he's got a leg up on the experience of 50 pro games? Could you be any more homeristic?

    Oh and as far as Sanchez starting less college games? I told you back then, and time has certainly confirmed it that Pete Carroll knew what he was talking about when saying Sanchez wasn't ready for the pros, and was probably diplomatically saying between the lines that not every USC system QB can transition successsfully into playing with the big boys.

    Either way, it's pretty pathetic when you have difficulty comparing a 50 game seasoned pro QB against a 6 game raw rookie. We both know it here in the No Spin Zone

    edit: beat the colts to break a 3TD in 4 game skid: big ****ing deal beating the No. 21 scoring offense and 27th scoring defense. Sanchez: 82yds with his longest pass of the day being 12 yds. Funny
    you are the one whining about Buffalo and removing mark's best game b/c you are nothing but an excuse maker.

    mark Sanchez has been a starting QB in the NFL for 3 full seasons, in those 3 full seasons mark has 4 playoff wins
    Pete Carroll has been an NFL HC for 6 full seasons, he has 2 playoff wins(both at home and he inherited a SB team in NE)

    Pete Carroll wanted Sanchez back b/c he was being selfish and knew Mark was his best chance to win it all in 2009.

    you guys are comparing, I am responding. Get back to me when Ryan wins 1 playoff game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Breed View Post
    Sanchez was dreadful in his rookie reason. So much so, that this year he's good in comparison.

    In '09, the Jets made the Playoffs in spite of Sanchez, not because of him.

    The Jets had far and away the best defense in the NFL that year. They were 1st in both scoring and total defense.

    Top defenses in '09:
    Jets: 14.8 points allowed per game (236 points allowed, 1st in the NFL), 252.3 yards allowed per game (4,037 yards allowed, 1st in the NFL), 31 turnovers created (8th in the NFL)
    Cowboys: 15.6 points allowed per game (250 points allowed, 2nd in the NFL), 315.9 yards allowed per game (5,054 yards allowed, 9th in the NFL), 21 turnovers created (tied for 27th in the NFL)
    Ravens 16.3 points allowed per game (261 points allowed, 3rd in the NFL), 300.5 yards allowed per game (4,808 yards allowed, 3rd in the NFL), 32 turnovers created (7th in the NFL)
    49ers: 17.6 points allowed per game (281 points allowed, 4th in the NFL), 326.4 yards allowed per game (5,222 yards allowed, 15th in the NFL), 33 turnovers created (tied for 5th in the NFL)
    Packers: 18.6 points allowed per game (297 points allowed, 7th in the NFL), 284.4 yards allowed per game (4,551 yards allowed, 2nd in the NFL), 40 turnovers created (1st in the NFL)
    Patriots: 17.8 points allowed per game (285 points allowed, 5th in the NFL), 320.2 yards allowed per game (5,123 yards allowed, 11th in the NFL), 28 turnovers created (tied for 12th in the NFL)

    Of those teams, the Ravens and the Packers were the Jets' main competition for best defense.
    Jets vs. Ravens: The Jets gave up 1.6 fewer points per game (25 total fewer points) and 48.2 fewer yards per game(771 yards) than the Ravens. The Ravens created 1 more turnover than the Jets (32 to 31).
    Jets vs. Packers: The Jets gave up 3.8 fewer points per game and 32.1 fewer yards per game (61 total fewer points) (514 yards) than the Packers. The Packers, however, created 9 more turnovers than the Jets over the course of the season.

    The Jets turned the ball over 30 times in '09 (22nd in the NFL). Just imagine how much better their defense would've been had Sanchez not turned it over 20 times (terrible, considering he only passed it 364 times his rookie season). Just to compare and contrast, Green Bay had the fewest turnovers in the NFL that year with 16; the Ravens were tied for 5th in the NFL with 22.

    The Jets also had a top notch running game.

    Top rushing attacks in '09:
    Jets: 172.3 rushing yards per game (2,756 rushing yards, 1st in the NFL), 4.5 YPC (tied for 5th in the NFL), 21 rushing touchdowns (tied for 3rd in the NFL), 4 fumbles lost in 607 attempts (1 fumble lost every 151.8 carries)
    Titans: 162 rushing yards per game (2,592 rushing yards, 2nd in the NFL), 5.2 YPC (1st in the NFL), 19 rushing touchdowns (tied for 6th in the NFL), 8 fumbles lost in 499 attempts (1 fumble lost every 62.4 carries)
    Panthers:156.1 rushing yards per game (2,498 rushing yards, 3rd in the NFL), 4.8 YPC (tied for 2nd in the NFL), 18 rushing touchdowns (10th in the NFL), 6 fumbles lost in 525 attempts (1 fumble lost every 87.5 carries)
    Cowboys: 131.4 rushing yards per game (2,103 rushing yards, 7th in the NFL), 4.8 YPC (tied for 2nd in the NFL), 14 rushing touchdowns (tied for 15th in the NFL), 3 fumbles lost in 436 attempts (1 fumble lost every 145.3 carries)
    Dolphins: 139.4 rushing yards per game (2,231 rushing yards, 4th in the NFL), 4.4 YPC (10th in the NFL), 22 rushing touchdowns (tied for 1st in the NFL) 5 fumbles lost in 509 attempts (1 fumble lost every 101.8 carries)
    Ravens: 137.5 rushing yards per game (2,200 rushing yards, 5th in the NFL), 4.7 YPC (4th in the NFL), 22 rushing touchdowns (tied for 1st in the NFL), 3 fumbles lost in 468 attempts (1 fumble lost every 156 carries)
    Saints: 131.6 rushing yards per game (2,106 rushing yards, 6th in the NFL), 4.5 YPC (7th in the NFL), 21 rushing touchdowns (tied for 3rd in the NFL), 4 fumbles lost in 468 attempts (1 fumble lost every 117 carries)

    So the Jets had one of the top 2-3 rushing attacks in the NFL to go along with the top defense in the NFL . . . a defense, I may add, that may be one of the top 2 or 3 defenses we've seen since '09. Implying that the Dolphins will have to match what the Jets did in '09 in order for Tannehill to be on the same track as Sanchez (or to be "as good as") is nothing short of lunacy. The Dolphins may never have a comparable running game that benefited Sanchez during his rookie season, and they almost certainly won't have a comparable defense. Tannehill may not be a top QB (yet), but he's doing an admirable job considering the marginal overall talent around him.
    That would be incorrect, he had 3-4 dreadful games that skewed his #s but he was far from dreadful and stepped up in january to help us make the title game.

    far and away the best D statistically but they nblew numerous leads including a double digit lead in the AFC Championship game.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -312
    Vaark's Avatar
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    20,592
    vCash:
    18079
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks

    JEST PEST

    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    you are the one whining about Buffalo and removing mark's best game b/c you are nothing but an excuse maker.


    mark Sanchez has been a starting QB in the NFL for 3 full seasons, in those 3 full seasons mark has 4 playoff wins
    Pete Carroll has been an NFL HC for 6 full seasons, he has 2 playoff wins(both at home and he inherited a SB team in NE)


    Pete Carroll wanted Sanchez back b/c he was being selfish and knew Mark was his best chance to win it all in 2009.


    you guys are comparing, I am responding. Get back to me when Ryan wins 1 playoff game.


    It's ironic that of all the 3 jets boards, the least objective one is yours, TGG where even there many accuse you of being too much of a homer,,, yet here you are trying to argue the ridiculous and unarguable in the No Spin Zone . Go figure.


    I know it sucks for you that your QB is the laughingstock of the league who likely couldn't even garner a 4th round trade pick and ours is earning rave revues. For once we have something to be excited about but in your typical OCD manner, like you always insert yourself unwelcomingly to diffuse or derail feel good fins threads, you are going out of your way to diminish a QB who makes Sanchez look like a Pop Warner reject. On one hand you make light of the 17 point victory over the Rams where Tannehill did exactly what was needed, and much of it under pressure to win, yet excuse the abysmal 17 points the jest scored vs SD in '09 as being "on the road" and still attributing the win, not to Shonn Greene breaking a 53yd run or the defense briinging an interception back to the 11 yard line, or the most accurate league kicker missing what Rivers set him up as 2 'CHIP SHOTS" from 36 and 40 not to mention a longer kick that this 93% accurate kicker also missed, but instead to a QB who completed 5 of 10 passes for less than 40 yards in the second half 12-23 with a 59QBR and 101 total yards... and with all of that having his team eke out a 3pt win when it should have gone 6points in the other direction. If that was Tannehill, you'd be dogging him and rightfully so.


    I will give Sanchez 2 legit playoff wins so that's the standard by which we'll initially measure RT17 as I don't consider a 7-7-2 team which couldnt beat a dead Atlanta team at hime in game 14, recently had lost 6 out of 7 games, beat teams with a sub .400 cumulative winning percentage during the season and only was gifted into the playoffs because Cinci and Indy considered them meaningless games for which a win did nothing. Sorry, but the fact that Indy pulled its starters in game 15 while leading, overall its starters between game 15 and the bogus playoff game outscored the jest 45-27 including 24-zero in the last 31 minutes with 2 of their three best defensive starters either being out or hobbled doesn't validate being in a post season. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I believe you have to earn something for it to count, not be given such an egregious gift that the league immediately changes their late season scheduling policies so that won't happen again.


    Pete Carroll knew what he was talking about. And at least his all PO appearances were legitimately earned and not free rides that were undeserved based on a bad regular season! If you think he'd trade Wilson for even Sanchez and a 3rd you're delusional.


    With Sanchez the Buffalo game with good reason was an abberation.. but then again Tannehill's first game ever vs Houston was also. Only difference is one got better and the other quickly descended to his natural level of ineptitude.

    When 3 teams in 5 games score over 40 vs Buffalo, those accomplishments become "fantasy numbers" cause it's on Buffalo, not on its opponents. You love to ignore that Tannehill played his first game ever in Houston, faced the same JJ Watt that you claim was responsible for 14 pt turnover in the jests game and also Cushing, who was taken out by one of your dirty players so Sanchez didn't even have to face him and still with all the film managed 1 offensive TD at home. Do you know how hard it is to manage 1 TD at home or be shut out by a WC team at home? Does that say more about the jest suckage or about Sanchez's? You loved to play the 2 TD 6Int Tannehill BS in that vacuum.. well we have a QB who actually improves game to game, is smarter enough to learn, doesn't get rattled when the opponents are up in his head or sulk on the sidelines dejectedly. You wanna penalize a raw rookie for his first game ever, then it';s only fair to point out that what Sanchez did in Buffalo was not unusual considering SF and NE's trouncing of them... mere fantasy numbers when 3 and 4 weeks later 2 teams averaged 49 pts against them.



    Oh and knowing what I know about what goes on behind the scenes (do you really think anyone respects you here?) you complaining about other people "whining' is as disingenuous as Landry, Slausson and your guido sideline coaches complaining about dirty play.







    Quote Quote  

  3. -313
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,907
    vCash:
    24614
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    It's ironic that of all the 3 jets boards, the least objective one is yours, TGG where even there many accuse you of being too much of a homer,,, yet here you are trying to argue the ridiculous and unarguable in the No Spin Zone . Go figure.


    I know it sucks for you that your QB is the laughingstock of the league who likely couldn't even garner a 4th round trade pick and ours is earning rave revues. For once we have something to be excited about but in your typical OCD manner, like you always insert yourself unwelcomingly to diffuse or derail feel good fins threads, you are going out of your way to diminish a QB who makes Sanchez look like a Pop Warner reject. On one hand you make light of the 17 point victory over the Rams where Tannehill did exactly what was needed, and much of it under pressure to win, yet excuse the abysmal 17 points the jest scored vs SD in '09 as being "on the road" and still attributing the win, not to Shonn Greene breaking a 53yd run or the defense briinging an interception back to the 11 yard line, or the most accurate league kicker missing what Rivers set him up as 2 'CHIP SHOTS" from 36 and 40 not to mention a longer kick that this 93% accurate kicker also missed, but instead to a QB who completed 5 of 10 passes for less than 40 yards in the second half 12-23 with a 59QBR and 101 total yards... and with all of that having his team eke out a 3pt win when it should have gone 6points in the other direction. If that was Tannehill, you'd be dogging him and rightfully so.


    I will give Sanchez 2 legit playoff wins so that's the standard by which we'll initially measure RT17 as I don't consider a 7-7-2 team which couldnt beat a dead Atlanta team at hime in game 14, recently had lost 6 out of 7 games, beat teams with a sub .400 cumulative winning percentage during the season and only was gifted into the playoffs because Cinci and Indy considered them meaningless games for which a win did nothing. Sorry, but the fact that Indy pulled its starters in game 15 while leading, overall its starters between game 15 and the bogus playoff game outscored the jest 45-27 including 24-zero in the last 31 minutes with 2 of their three best defensive starters either being out or hobbled doesn't validate being in a post season. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I believe you have to earn something for it to count, not be given such an egregious gift that the league immediately changes their late season scheduling policies so that won't happen again.


    Pete Carroll knew what he was talking about. And at least his all PO appearances were legitimately earned and not free rides that were undeserved based on a bad regular season! If you think he'd trade Wilson for even Sanchez and a 3rd you're delusional.


    With Sanchez the Buffalo game with good reason was an abberation.. but then again Tannehill's first game ever vs Houston was also. Only difference is one got better and the other quickly descended to his natural level of ineptitude.

    When 3 teams in 5 games score over 40 vs Buffalo, those accomplishments become "fantasy numbers" cause it's on Buffalo, not on its opponents. You love to ignore that Tannehill played his first game ever in Houston, faced the same JJ Watt that you claim was responsible for 14 pt turnover in the jests game and also Cushing, who was taken out by one of your dirty players so Sanchez didn't even have to face him and still with all the film managed 1 offensive TD at home. Do you know how hard it is to manage 1 TD at home or be shut out by a WC team at home? Does that say more about the jest suckage or about Sanchez's? You loved to play the 2 TD 6Int Tannehill BS in that vacuum.. well we have a QB who actually improves game to game, is smarter enough to learn, doesn't get rattled when the opponents are up in his head or sulk on the sidelines dejectedly. You wanna penalize a raw rookie for his first game ever, then it';s only fair to point out that what Sanchez did in Buffalo was not unusual considering SF and NE's trouncing of them... mere fantasy numbers when 3 and 4 weeks later 2 teams averaged 49 pts against them.



    Oh and knowing what I know about what goes on behind the scenes (do you really think anyone respects you here?) you complaining about other people "whining' is as disingenuous as Landry, Slausson and your guido sideline coaches complaining about dirty play.
    what type of boards I post at have no bearing on how i post. I give my honest, educated opinions regardless where I am. Whether a board is a homer board or not it doesn't matter.

    I know, my QB sucks, my team sucks, we onyl win b/c of missed FGs but when your opponent misses FGs it's b/c of your great FG D, you gave us our game, you should be 5-1, we need to remove Buf from our evaluation b/c they suck even though they beat the same Ari team you couldn't beat in the same building, blah, blah, blah.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -314
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    2,610
    vCash:
    4966
    Thanks / No Thanks

    A list of the current starting NFL QBs that Ryan Tannehill is ALREADY better than.

    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    oh now he is "raw", you know he had more college starts than Sanchez, right? you know Sanchez helped his team reach the title game as a rookie, right?

    how come you don't discuss the advantage of playing in the same system and same coach he played for in college?

    you do know Buf beat the cards in Arizona, right? and that was Tannehill's best game. You also know that Cincy lost to Cleveland this week, right? and you also know oak is 1-4, right?
    Do you realize that T-hill is succeeding under more pressure and an eight man during his first six games? Do you realize everyone in the league recognizes that T-hill plays better each week? That cannot continue. If he did, he would be one of the top 5 by the end of the season. THAT WILL NOT HAPPEN! T-hill will eventually backslide. I cannot remember a single point in Sanchez's career where he consistently improved each week!!
    Quote Quote  

  5. -315
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,907
    vCash:
    24614
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by FinHopeful View Post
    Do you realize that T-hill is succeeding under more pressure and an eight man during his first six games? Do you realize everyone in the league recognizes that T-hill plays better each week? That cannot continue. If he did, he would be one of the top 5 by the end of the season. THAT WILL NOT HAPPEN! T-hill will eventually backslide. I cannot remember a single point in Sanchez's career where he consistently improved each week!!
    I have never bashed him, I am just not annointing him yet. He has impressed me w/o a doubt and I have said that over and over. I'm just not calling him a top QB in this lague after 6 games.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -316
    WVDolphan's Avatar
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    15,015
    vCash:
    21861
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I have never bashed him, I am just not annointing him yet. He has impressed me w/o a doubt and I have said that over and over. I'm just not calling him a top QB in this lague after 6 games.
    Because you dont know eite talent when you see it.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -317
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,907
    vCash:
    24614
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    Because you dont know eite talent when you see it.
    Of course not, only dolphin fans know elite talent- like Daunte Culpepper, Chad henne, AJ feely. Elite guys get it done in big spots, I haven't seen that yet from Ryan. Let's hold off on annointing him until he does something special in this league.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -318
    hooshoops's Avatar
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    32,656
    vCash:
    34970
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    serious question junc...one word answer only...you take sanchez or tannehill right now off what you know of both to date??? which one would you rather bet your future with??? again...one word one name answer only...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

  9. -319
    Harry_Bagpipe's Avatar
    Archibald Meatpants

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,976
    vCash:
    6918
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    serious question junc...one word answer only...you take sanchez or tannehill right now off what you know of both to date??? which one would you rather bet your future with??? again...one word one name answer only...
    you won't get a one word answer if u get an answer at all
    Quote Quote  

  10. -320
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,907
    vCash:
    24614
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    serious question junc...one word answer only...you take sanchez or tannehill right now off what you know of both to date??? which one would you rather bet your future with??? again...one word one name answer only...
    It's hard to give one word answers but I will answer it. any sane football fan would take tannehill right now based on what they have done so far this year and where sanchez is at in year 4. For me it's more difficult b/c I have seen sanchez play much better, I have seen him play excellent in clutch spots but right now the talent around him isn't very good. I know the talent around Ryan isn't great either but Mark's played most of the year w/o Keller and Holmes too.

    I'm not jumping off Mark's bandwagon, I am probably the only one left at this point(that isn't related to him) but I still like him and think he can be a good QB in this league.

    Long story short, my head says Tannehill right now but my gut still says Sanchez.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-16-2012, 02:12 AM
  2. Miami Dolphins name Ryan Tannehill starting quarterback
    By DKphin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-21-2012, 03:57 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-15-2012, 04:14 PM
  4. Joe Philbin details Ryan Tannehill's starting path
    By datruth55 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-06-2012, 06:43 PM
  5. A list of current QB's that have been cut that we could look at
    By etsudolfan in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 11-15-2010, 04:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •