Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nolan Carrol takes slight Jab at Sparano & staff

1. -1
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Interesting Nolan Carrol takes slight Jab at Sparano & staff

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...6894883.column

Since defensive end Jared Odrick held the microphone, this was all the fun afterglow of victory. As was the thoughtful Nolan Carroll, who played strongly in a patched-up secondary, saying this year's coaches are better than last year's coaches.
    "We're better prepared,'' Carroll said. "On Saturdays this year, we all know exactly what we need to do. I think last year on Saturdays we were trying to game plan too much. If you don't know it by Saturday, you don't know it."

I think Coyle is making a big difference with the secondary players, and i know many have said on here they are not sure of Philbin's in game management but feel he is very good in preparing the team monday-saturday, which im sure we could all imagine Sparano would be over managing and tinkering with the gameplan , where I feel Philbin trusts in his players and just lets them go out and make plays rather than micro-managing like Sparano
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    this is philbin's first rodeo as HC, I think he deserves some honeymoon. He will get better I am confident in that.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Awe "Tight End" my favorite position!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Coach Philbin runs the most disciplined practices I have seen. The guys is a ****ing genius the way he was using both sides of the field!
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sounds like a guy that's playing like he's having fun.

Like he knows what's expected of him.

Like he can depend on people.

Thanks Shifty!

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    ****ing Tony.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Since 84

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why would you take shots at someone just punched you in the mouth. Didn't we just lose to a Sparano led offense?

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    From listening to a lot of players talk I think the biggest difference is the message of some of the coaches; especially a guy like Kevin Coyle on defense. It seems like under Sparano, the players were told not to make mistakes. Guess what? mistakes are gonna happen and lead to big plays, sometimes even when you do your job you are gonna lose a few battles to the other team. But when you are constantly told not to make mistakes what starts happening? You over think everything and instead of playing lose and doing what's natural to you, you end up making mistakes.

Under Philbin, it seems like the big message is to work through everything, and if you make a mistake put it behind you and try again. Now that doesn't sound like much, but it does make a huge difference. Kevin Coyle's secondaries in Cincy have given up their fair share of huge plays but they also made some as well. Sometimes in order to make a play you have to take risks. Early this season there have been issues still in the secondary, but they are also playing more aggressive than they did in the past. Just look at the difference in how Carrol and Smith have played. Carrol especially looks like he has confidence in himself when in the past (especially last year when Vontae was hurt) he was playing so tight that he looked like he would fall over if forced to run... and sometimes it still happened.

And I think it was pretty obvious that Sparano over thought way too much as a coach. It is a valid point to say if you don't know by Saturday you don't know.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In My House
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Heinegrabber View Post
    Why would you take shots at someone just punched you in the mouth. Didn't we just lose to a Sparano led offense?
    Dolphins ..... I mean ... sorry but you Avt & Sig are interfering with my train of thought
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Coyle had a reputation of being able to develop DB's, and now as a Miami fan, I'm seeing it 1st hand. Carrol, Smith and even Wilson (Cin Game) all seem to be coming into their own. For the 1st time. since he was drafted, I don't shiver at the thought of Carrol being on the field. Smith has really shown in the last 2 games, how much he has improved. He basically limited the effectiveness of both Green and Fitzgerald. As for Wilson, moving him to Safety was the right move, and trusting him with the assignment of playing in the nickel and dime packages was looking iffy over the 1st 3 games of the season. But like Smith, Wilson has really proven to be solid in is assignments the last 2 games. The secondary is starting to come together and is complimenting the great work of the D-Line. IF they can continue to improve like they have shown, DB becomes a lesser need moving forward. There are still 11 games left, lets see how this all shakes out. But for at least over the last few weeks they have played much better than I could have imagined.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    it seems to me that something improves dramatically each week. Week 2 against the raiders the running game came togather. Week 3 jets the d line got more active, week 4 against the cardinals the passing game wentg off. This week the secondary showed alot of improvement.
    I am hoping next week the tight ends go off and fasano and egnew combine for 300 yards, or even better dan carpenter hits 12 field goals all of them from beyond the fifty.
    Quote Quote