Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What to do with Jake Long?

Hybrid View

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

What to do with Jake Long?

After this season should we resign him or let him walk?

Also if you guys were GM who would you resign out of all of our free agents?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Ground and Pound

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If he doesn't recover I think we might just have to let him go if he won't take a pay cut. The plus is we will probably have enough money to sign a number 1 WR from FA if we let him go but this guy was the number 1 pick and a perennial pro bowler but has been dropping for quite a while now from injuries.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    First Id make him get a haircut and turn that ****ing hat around.

After that Id offer him a 3-4 year deal at above average LT money. If he dosent want it......... later bro.

Resign Hartline, Starks, and S Smith for sure.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    DEPRESSED BY REALITY

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CT
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    First Id make him get a haircut and turn that ****ing hat around.

After that Id offer him a 3-4 year deal at above average LT money. If he dosent want it......... later bro.

Resign Hartline, Starks, and S Smith for sure.
    Just can't imagine him taking that kind of money. At his best, he's been elite. Unfortunately, I don't think we've seen that for a while now since he's been banged up (shoulder, knee, etc) in the last couple years. I think at 27 he likely thinks he is or can get back to elite and demand that type of money.

If we want to keep him, we may franchise him one year to see his body comes around, but that rarely seems to happen in the NFL for linemen. No way I sign him long term elite LT money when we have such big needs at play making positions at WR, C, S, and TE.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PJack View Post
    Just can't imagine him taking that kind of money. At his best, he's been elite. Unfortunately, I don't think we've seen that for a while now since he's been banged up (shoulder, knee, etc) in the last couple years. I think at 27 he likely thinks he is or can get back to elite and demand that type of money.

If we want to keep him, we may franchise him one year to see his body comes around, but that rarely seems to happen in the NFL for linemen. No way I sign him long term elite LT money when we have such big needs at play making positions at WR, C, S, and TE.
    How's C more of a play making position than a LT? Also, pretty sure that's one of the few positions on the team that I wouldn't worry about, Pouncey's been very solid
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NYFINest View Post
    How's C more of a play making position than a LT? Also, pretty sure that's one of the few positions on the team that I wouldn't worry about, Pouncey's been very solid
    i think he meant CB
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PJack View Post

why do we have big needs at C ? we have one of the best young centers in the league in pouncey , imo our most needs are WR , CB and another pass rusher oppsite of wake , and we could use a little bit of an upgrade at S , but imo its not as bad of a need as the other 3 that i mentioned.

Quote Quote  

8. -8
    DEPRESSED BY REALITY

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CT
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jason_taylor View Post
    why do we have big needs at C ? we have one of the best young centers in the league in pouncey , imo our most needs are WR , CB and another pass rusher oppsite of wake , and we could use a little bit of an upgrade at S , but imo its not as bad of a need as the other 3 that i mentioned.
    My bad...meant corner...not Center. Agree Pouncey certainly needs no replacement.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Diehard Phinatic!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Let em walk and kick martin to LT. We cant lock up joe thomas type money on him he is breaking down, spend the $ on playmakers.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinatic1399 View Post
    Let em walk and kick martin to LT. We cant lock up joe thomas type money on him he is breaking down, spend the $ on playmakers.
    just what i was going to say because if we cant sign him to decent contract then we still have martin that has played LT all through college and imo it wont be as hard to find a RT as much as it would to get a LT, but as far as signing a FA WR we will still have enough money even if we sign Long and the rest of the FAs we have left to sign.

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fin_Frenzy_84 View Post
    Yeah we have space but we also have hartline,bush,starks,long, and smith as key free agents. I see us signing 4 of the 5 but will we have enough for a receiver like Bowe?
    sure will.
    Quote Quote