Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What to do with Jake Long?

1. -41
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jason_taylor View Post
    imo we are going to be in control and not in serious trouble if Long dosent take what we offer, the ball is in our cornor to where we can offer a cotract to where we are not having to throw crazy money at Long and our team is getting better and better each week and there will be alot of players wanting to come and play here, because we have finally gotten a franchise QB, we can negociate with Long without panicing and throwing big money out there just because we dont have another option , because we do and we should be able to get a fair deal done with Long.
    I hope so...but the reality of the business is you have to evaluate where Jake is in his career...his health, his level of play etc etc etc.....if his demands are not in line with what he brings to the table we are better off moving on.

I do think that many of you need to realize the scheme of offense we are running now is not exactly a perfect fit for Jake, his value is not as great.
    Jay Fiedler can take his'n and lose to your'n.....or take your'n and lose to his'n.

Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphan8055 View Post
    i have a real real real big feeling that hes going to want some big big money!
    That's probably the reason they drafted Martin...Use Martin as a bargaining chip saying that he can be moved to LT easily if Long won't accept the Dolphins offer.

If he signs for an average LT deals, fine...If not, let him walk and move Martin to his natural position.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Re: What to do with Jake Long?

He isnt an average LT why would he sign an average LT contract?
    Im selling a club level ticket to the Dolphins v Raiders in London - will sell it for below face value. PM me if your interested.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He needs to take a major paycut or I would let him walk. If I was Ireland I would already be starting contract talks with Sean Smith , Reggie Bush and Hartline. I could careless if they keep Long or not. He got paid a lot of money the past few years and has been average at best!
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Resign long and draft more talent on offense and defense, don't make another whole on the line
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan66 View Post
    He needs to take a major paycut or I would let him walk. If I was Ireland I would already be starting contract talks with Sean Smith , Reggie Bush and Hartline. I could careless if they keep Long or not. He got paid a lot of money the past few years and has been average at best!
    Yes but be careful with Reggie as he is already on the limp again - I would secure Jake if the salary is reasonable, but Reggie love him to bits but he can't stay healthy

Smith is a must with VDs trade, and hopefully may have figured out a few things, and he stays healthy because he keeps his jersey clean
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You would think JL would be reasonable. This franchise took a lot of heat for taking him over MR. He got paid for 1st round pick money before the restructure of draft picks. 100 million he has made from the Fins. Wealth for generations, throw us a bone Jake.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sign him ... Period
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Lot of football left to be played...........giving Long the benefit of the doubt, his

status should be a lot clearer down the road

My Dad (right); WWII France, 1944
    6th Arm'd Recon, 5 Battle Stars, POW
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    Why would we let him walk when we could have traded him for at least a second round pick? I don't think even Ireland is that dumb.
    I think Vontae proves this point. You don't let Long just walk, period. Not when you could/should get something for him. Ireland has no problem trading and stock piling picks. If Long wasn't in the long term plans for this franchise, he would be else where like Davis/Marshall are today.
    Quote Quote