Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jim Turner helped Jerry lose 35lbs since start of camp

1. -31
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jerry definitely had some trouble on Sunday, though. He's still a work in progress. At this point, he's "decent starter" material. Against top quality guys he's getting thrown around. He's not at the level of Long, Incognito or Pouncey. Martin is coming along fairly well. Good news is, there's some progress. I think after this season, Martin will be just fine and Miami will have an incredibly solid o-line. One of the best in the league, actually.

Pouncey is a top 3 NFL Center... and people were mad we took him #16. I love it!
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    Jerry definitely had some trouble on Sunday, though. He's still a work in progress. At this point, he's "decent starter" material. Against top quality guys he's getting thrown around. He's not at the level of Long, Incognito or Pouncey. Martin is coming along fairly well. Good news is, there's some progress. I think after this season, Martin will be just fine and Miami will have an incredibly solid o-line. One of the best in the league, actually.

Pouncey is a top 3 NFL Center... and people were mad we took him #16. I love it!
    We took him #15 and yeah even though he's playing very well I'm ticked about it. Top 15 picks should be spent on playmakers, skill positions. If we wanted him we should have tried to trade down a few spots and still got him plus an extra 3rd rounder.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jerry is doing good but I'd still draft a guard in the second or third round (we have 4 picks in the second/third don't we?). There needs to be competition on the guard positions, can't let these guards feel entitled. Our tackle and center positions are locked, but both guards need improvement or replacement.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    We Are Still Going To The SB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    We took him #15 and yeah even though he's playing very well I'm ticked about it. Top 15 picks should be spent on playmakers, skill positions. If we wanted him we should have tried to trade down a few spots and still got him plus an extra 3rd rounder.
    Pittsburgh was ready to trade in order to take him, this theory has already been put to bed long time. What good is a playmaker if you can't protect your Qb? How are you suppose to get the ball to them? This is football 101. And if you're stubborn truth, Pouncey has been the best center in the league this year, and hes just in second season and you're still mad? Tell me who you have drafted after the trade down? If you don't have a good line you have squad.

And without so call playmakers we had 60 +20 Yard Plays Last year, and we are currently on par to shatter that total this year and that's without Marshall.

16 Washington Redskins Ryan Kerrigan DE
    17 New England Patriots Nate Solder OL
    18 San Diego Chargers Corey Liuget DT
    19 New York Giants Prince Amukamara CB
    20 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Adrian Clayborn DL
    21 Cleveland Browns Phil Taylor DL
    22 Indianapolis Colts Anthony Castonzo OL
    23 Philadelphia Eagles Danny Watkins OL
    24 New Orleans Saints Cameron Jordan DE
    25 Seattle Seahawks James Carpenter OL
    26 Kansas City Chiefs Jonathan Baldwin WR
    27 Baltimore Ravens Jimmy Smith CB
    28 New Orleans Saints Mark Ingram RB
    29 Chicago Bears Gabe Carimi OL
    30 New York Jets Muhammad Wilkerson DT
    31 Pittsburgh Steelers Cam Heyward DT
    32 Green Bay Packers Derek Sherrod OL

Please Tell Who On This List Can Say they are unequivocally the best at their position?
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike13 View Post
    its that Navy Seal workout regimen.
    I've never understood why people call them "Navy SEALs"....As opposed to what? "Army SEALs"?

Thanks Shifty!

Quote Quote  

6. -36
    the annual ritual

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    in a bottle
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonBoss View Post
    I've never understood why people call them "Navy SEALs"....As opposed to what? "Army SEALs"?
    as opposed to leopard seals maybe.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    We Are Still Going To The SB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    SEAL stands for Sea,Air and Land-they are the special operatons arm of the U.S. Navy, that's why. But that's still funny. lol
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305 View Post
    SEAL stands for Sea,Air and Land-they are the special operatons arm of the U.S. Navy, that's why. But that's still funny. lol
    I understand that.

But it's not like any other service has SEALs. There are no Army, Air Force, nor Marine SEALs....Hence, if you use the term "SEAL", the terms MUST be refering to the SEALs,
    who, in fact are a Naval unit. Just one of those things that always irritated me. You don't say "The Navy Ship USS Nimitz"....There's only one Nimitz, and it's a naval ship.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Califa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Because it's formal goon

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305 View Post
    Pittsburgh was ready to trade in order to take him, this theory has already been put to bed long time. What good is a playmaker if you can't protect your Qb? How are you suppose to get the ball to them? This is football 101. And if you're stubborn truth, Pouncey has been the best center in the league this year, and hes just in second season and you're still mad? Tell me who you have drafted after the trade down? If you don't have a good line you have squad.

And without so call playmakers we had 60 +20 Yard Plays Last year, and we are currently on par to shatter that total this year and that's without Marshall.

16 Washington Redskins Ryan Kerrigan DE
    17 New England Patriots Nate Solder OL
    18 San Diego Chargers Corey Liuget DT
    19 New York Giants Prince Amukamara CB
    20 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Adrian Clayborn DL
    21 Cleveland Browns Phil Taylor DL
    22 Indianapolis Colts Anthony Castonzo OL
    23 Philadelphia Eagles Danny Watkins OL
    24 New Orleans Saints Cameron Jordan DE
    25 Seattle Seahawks James Carpenter OL
    26 Kansas City Chiefs Jonathan Baldwin WR
    27 Baltimore Ravens Jimmy Smith CB
    28 New Orleans Saints Mark Ingram RB
    29 Chicago Bears Gabe Carimi OL
    30 New York Jets Muhammad Wilkerson DT
    31 Pittsburgh Steelers Cam Heyward DT
    32 Green Bay Packers Derek Sherrod OL

Please Tell Who On This List Can Say they are unequivocally the best at their position?
    Ingram and Baldwin could be on my team any day
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Been one of my biggest issues with him. Every single year, EVERY YEAR, he makes one completely boneheaded signing that makes you think he went on a massive coke bender the night before, slept in the office, woke up still high as **** and started making calls to anybody that would answer at 4 AM on a weekday; which is apparently **** players like Naanee, Colombo, Barbie Carpenter, etc.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've said this several times. John Jerry is one of the most damning players against Sparano and his staff. Jerry got sick during his rookie season and lost a lot of weight. He came to the next camp out of shape and they just had him practice on the 2nd team at a bunch of different positions, and while he made the team they were ready to cut him. Philbin and Turner recognized he was making a lot of mistakes but he had talent so what did they do? They pushed Jerry to his limit and then passed them. They made him practice till he puked. Turner even said if Jerry could reach his potential he'd be one of our best linemen, and what they did was a last resort thing. If it didn't work, Jerry had was unsavable but it worked.

Oh, and for more Jim Turner goodness, 2 guys he recruited and coached up at A&M are arguably the top 2 OT prospects in the draft (depending on how much you like Taylor Lewan) both are juniors but their names are Luke Joeckel and Jake Matthews (Bruce's son)
    Quote Quote