Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: Romney Cheated in Debate?

1. -71
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Though I thoroughly disagree with the premise of the law, I think that Virginia had the right to write their marriage laws as they saw fit. I also initially think that the Supreme Court overstepped its bounds by overturning the Virginia law. Please understand though that I don't know anything more about the case than what you posted above so i do not know the specifics of the case nor the law. With that being said, I could see the criminal portion of this case being unconstitutional yet see the Supreme Court upholding Virginia being able to refuse to recognize the marriage as valid.

I believe that we will see a lot of states refusing to recognize gay marriages even if they were performed in states that do recognize it. Either way, i still don't think the federal government our supreme court should intervene either way.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Thank you for being honest. Though I must say that if you don't think the federal government should have the power to ensure it's citizens aren't being discriminated by an utterly racist local law, we really don't have much common ground to build on.
    Quote Quote  

2. -72
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Romney Cheated in Debate?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Thank you for being honest. Though I must say that if you don't think the federal government should have the power to ensure it's citizens aren't being discriminated by an utterly racist local law, we really don't have much common ground to build on.
    I do think that they have the power to ensure its citizens aren't being discriminated against, however that power is limited to specific, named situations. I don't think that power should be expanded because the situation is horrible. The Lovings did have the opportunity to move to DC and stay there. Please understand that I am disgusted by the discrimination but two wrongs do not make a right.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote