Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NFL.com, best offseason moves, #2 Phins hiring Philbin

1. -11
    Life is what we make it.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta via Exit 9 - New
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This roster is not weak, stop believing what you read in print. They are still talking about last years team and the "perception". Our defensive front 7 is top 5 in the league - Misi, Wake, Starks, Burnett, Dansby, and Soliai are playing hard as hell right now, and Odrick is stout against the run. Our QB is balling - still a few too many picks, but he is getting it done - especially making plays happen after the pocket collapses. Our O-line is balling - Martin and Jerry have solidified the right side.

Smith is playing like a true number one, Reshad is ranked as the #1 safety in the NFL - both are creating turnovers. Our horrible WR's are leading tandem in the NFL and Hartline still leads the league in yards.

Our special teams are smashing people and we are getting decent returns. Every team has holes but only Carpenter, Clemons, and Marshall are less than stellar right now.

Now we have no depth, but talent wise IMO we are only sub par to SF, NY Giants, GB, Atlanta, Ravens, NE, Houston, maybe Pittsburgh, Philly and Chicago.

Please don't run in here telling me about the Cowboys or the Chargers - those two teams are soft as hell.

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Look at the packers offense this season. Anyone still think Philbin only held a notepad for the headcoach?
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    Look at the packers offense this season. Anyone still think Philbin only held a notepad for the headcoach?
    If you had said, "After 5 games, the Packers and Dolphins will have the same record" you would have been laughed off the forums.

If you would have said, Philbin leaving Green Bay is going to hurt their offense to the point that Aaron Rodgers will no longer be in the top 10 in the NFL in QBR, you would be used as comedy gold all around the internet.

and lastly...........

IF YOU WOULD HAVE SAID, PHILBIN IS GOING TO MAKE BRIAN HARTLINE THE NFL'S LEADING WR, AND HARTLINE-BESS THE NFL's BEST WR DUO.... YOU WOULD BE BANNED FOR TROLLING!
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    If you ain't first, you're last!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by electrolyte View Post
    If you had said, "After 5 games, the Packers and Dolphins will have the same record" you would have been laughed off the forums.

If you would have said, Philbin leaving Green Bay is going to hurt their offense to the point that Aaron Rodgers will no longer be in the top 10 in the NFL in QBR, you would be used as comedy gold all around the internet.

and lastly...........

IF YOU WOULD HAVE SAID, PHILBIN IS GOING TO MAKE BRIAN HARTLINE THE NFL'S LEADING WR, AND HARTLINE-BESS THE NFL's BEST WR DUO.... YOU WOULD BE BANNED FOR TROLLING!
    I think Ryan and Sherman deserve the credit on that one.
    "Fundamentals, technique, execution -- primary. Scheme -- secondary."

"We will incorporate an aggressive, up-tempo, attacking style in all three phases of the game."

"Our team will play with discipline, poise, and maximum effort."

"I want us to be the best tackling team in the NFL, the best team in pursuit, I want to take the ball away from other teams, I want to rattle the opposing quarterback every opportunity we get."

-- Joe Philbin 01/12

Quote Quote  

5. -15
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Schein.....

Quote Quote  

6. -16
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Schein can't even compliment the team without taking shots at them. He is the clown.

Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Philbin might not be the in-your-face guy that many believe you need to be successful, but he is a hell of a coach. Just give him 2-3 years and he will be one of the most trusted coaches in the league. He understands the small details that make winnings teams...the Packers lack of consistency this year shows that sometimes schemes are more important than having the most talented players.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    We Are Still Going To The SB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfanatl View Post
    Don't think that was a rap against the team. Just a compliment to Philbin.
    Yeah I know, but just trying to suck every bit of good for a few more days. lol.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    First time ive seen the Philbin departure hurting Green Bay even mentioned nationally

http://video.nbcsports.msnbc.com/nbc...65631#49365631

Though they got lots of nice little digs at the Dolphns in alongside it of course
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    I defecate on Adam Schein (after a big combo plate of Chimis and refried beans).. couldn't care what that jest homer thinks pro or con.
    Agree...he's another Media fraud who was bashing us this off season and I believe he was bashing Philbin and the entire organization about Hard Knocks.

I've been so angry this week with these media frauds changing their tune like none of us would notice or like we would forgive them for all the crap we've been getting for the better part of two years now. I'm not doing it, no way.
    Quote Quote