Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Let's all boycott ESPN!! Aren't you tired of that Network!!???

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orange County, California
    Thanks / No Thanks

Smack Let's all boycott ESPN!! Aren't you tired of that Network!!???

You flip on ESPN to watch Fin highlights Sunday Night and catch that chopped up hack job "Blitz" or whatever the heck is now ( I MISS THE OLD NFL PRIMETIME!) and all they talk about AAAALLLLLLLL they talk abbout is The Jets, is buttfumble's Pinky hurt, he has no talent around him, boo- hoo. What about Tebow, blah blah blah. Then they switch over to slobbering all over Tom Brady and the Patriots. Then they discuss, "what's wrong with the Cowboys". That's it....Tired of it!! That's ALL THEY CARE ABOUT!!! I couldn't even FIND Fins highlights after watching for more than an hour! The Media Bias drives me insane!! I'm not even speaking about just the Fins, becaUSE i KNOW SOME OF YOU ARE GOING TO SAY, START WINNING AND WE'LL SEE SOME RESPECT, etc.

But that won't MATTER! How do I know???

Let's look around the league... Can't Find 49er's storylines anywhere, ESPN coould care less about the fact that the Texans DOMINATED the Jets, instead of talking about this talented team they whine about the Boo Hoo Jets. Noone Cares!!

Even the Super Bowl Champ Giants get les coverage than the above mentioned "Big 3" that they love to cover!

We could win three rings in a row, and it wouldn't change ANYTHING!! ESPN would be babbling on for hours about Tony Romo's latest collapse or how many 5 yard passes Brady turned into touchdowns.

Ok I'm done ranting, so I'm turning off ESPN, even though as an out of Town Fins fan (Zero Coverage on local news) I'll stick to online coverage and FINHEAVEN.COM !!

Boycott that hasbeen network ESPN! Turn it off!!
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    If you ain't first, you're last!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    I was just thinking about this the other day...

Every company or business has serious competition - Coke & Pepsi, Apple & Microsoft, AT&T & Verizon & T-Mobile, MSNBC & Fox News.

Why is there no competition for ESPN? Blows my mind. Sports is a multi-billion dollar business throughout this country, in yet there is just one news outlet on TV that gets to tell the story? Makes no sense.
    "Fundamentals, technique, execution -- primary. Scheme -- secondary."

"We will incorporate an aggressive, up-tempo, attacking style in all three phases of the game."

"Our team will play with discipline, poise, and maximum effort."

"I want us to be the best tackling team in the NFL, the best team in pursuit, I want to take the ball away from other teams, I want to rattle the opposing quarterback every opportunity we get."

-- Joe Philbin 01/12

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Winning is a Habit

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Flagstaff, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphin1972 Dolphins LogoJurassic WorldCam Wake 91
    I watch NFL Network. ESPN is a joke. Very media biased and a lot of their analysts don't know jack ****.

- Hall of Fame Safety Rod Woodson on Dan Marino playing in today's NFL:
    "...the best quarterback I believe is Dan Marino..."
    "If he played with these rules, he'd throw for 100,000 yards."

Twitter
    - https://twitter.com/ciscoholgate

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    I don't watch the NFL Network or ESPN during the week. If I want highlights, I go to NFL.com (if I didn't see the game). For any other Dolphins info, I come here. I don't need to sit in front of the TV for hours hoping they kiss my team's ass.

It does nothing for me personally.

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    I don't get ESPN here (well we do but its not the same) but going by the website it doesn't seem to produce all that much good content. NFL network is far from amazing but I do watch that and its my main source of NFL news.... outside of the finnsiders, I know that show is sugarcoated and has to have a positive spin on things but I watch it every day and I like the hosts.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah this thread isn't going to do anything. Everyone will continue to watch, you will watch eventually as well.

Reason there is no competition is because ESPN has contractual rights with every major station - NBC, CBS, Fox, ABC, etc. There is never going to be any competition and ESPN will remain the only major sports news station on TV.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Seriously now

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Fu** ESPN. They're non live sports programming is absolute garbage. Only watch for the live sporting events.

They try to shape the agenda and hope the sheep will buy into whatever bullsh** story lines they want to push. Tebow, the Jets, Cowboys, the ridiculous LInsanity crap. Whatever. Thing is, it works. You tell people what is important, and the many dumb a**** around will think it's important and tune in. They create the sports narrative. They're insulting to any sports fan w a brain, but as was mentioned up above, there is little to no competition. Hopefully some network will rise. Of course, then they will turn to crap as well.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    I don't watch the NFL Network or ESPN during the week. If I want highlights, I go to NFL.com (if I didn't see the game). For any other Dolphins info, I come here. I don't need to sit in front of the TV for hours hoping they kiss my team's ass.

It does nothing for me personally.
    Sadly, it seems most here need validation from the Main Stream Sports media.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Outside of live games, I havent watched that **** in years. No need for a boycott. Occasionally if Im extremely bored I will put something on from that network, but usually its just for laughs.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Football Guru

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I stopped watching ESPN many years ago because of how idiotic they are and I haven't missed them one bit.
    Please God, let me see 1 Dolphins Superbowl victory before I die.
    Quote Quote