Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Let's all boycott ESPN!! Aren't you tired of that Network!!???

1. -31
    Predator in the Water

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In the water
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Finatic View Post
    You flip on ESPN to watch Fin highlights Sunday Night and catch that chopped up hack job "Blitz" or whatever the heck is now ( I MISS THE OLD NFL PRIMETIME!) and all they talk about AAAALLLLLLLL they talk abbout is The Jets, is Sanchez's Pinky hurt, he has no talent around him, boo- hoo. What about Tebow, blah blah blah. Then they switch over to slobbering all over Tom Brady and the Patriots. Then they discuss, "what's wrong with the Cowboys". That's it....Tired of it!! That's ALL THEY CARE ABOUT!!! I couldn't even FIND Fins highlights after watching for more than an hour! The Media Bias drives me insane!! I'm not even speaking about just the Fins, becaUSE i KNOW SOME OF YOU ARE GOING TO SAY, START WINNING AND WE'LL SEE SOME RESPECT, etc.

But that won't MATTER! How do I know???

Let's look around the league... Can't Find 49er's storylines anywhere, ESPN coould care less about the fact that the Texans DOMINATED the Jets, instead of talking about this talented team they whine about the Boo Hoo Jets. Noone Cares!!

Even the Super Bowl Champ Giants get les coverage than the above mentioned "Big 3" that they love to cover!

We could win three rings in a row, and it wouldn't change ANYTHING!! ESPN would be babbling on for hours about Tony Romo's latest collapse or how many 5 yard passes Brady turned into touchdowns.

Ok I'm done ranting, so I'm turning off ESPN, even though as an out of Town Fins fan (Zero Coverage on local news) I'll stick to online coverage and FINHEAVEN.COM !!

Boycott that hasbeen network ESPN! Turn it off!!
    Just to let you know they still have NFL Primetime, which now comes on after monday night football. But I agree with you in the way they have messed things up...The way they do the hack up job of Blitz and what not....BTW, NFL primetime is no longer hosted by CHris Berman and Tom Jackson...I think they have Trey Wingo and 2 other guys hosting it...I seen it on the other night and thought WTH>???
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think we should kidnap Chris Berman and Tom Jackson!! That will get their attention!

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

Bottom Line: All Media Sucks...
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Not Even Lazor Can Save Us

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    You guys realize that ESPN is in the ratings business, correct? Their job is to get eyeballs to the TV set...not peddle bad football highlights to make a couple of people happy. That turns off more viewers than it generates. Even if ESPN had competition, they'd do the same exact thing. Dolphins aren't exactly a hot button issue right now in case some of you missed the fact that we've sucked for several years.

Again, win games, get noticed.

Emails lol. Way to pester those ESPN interns working for free doing gopher work.
    That's why John Clayton isn't an anchor.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Seattle
    Thanks / No Thanks
    yup, I sat down Saturday night and was flipping between ESPN 1 and 2 looking to catch a little highlights from the Miamii/Cincy game and after 2 hours NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    The only time I watch ESPN is on MNF. I confess I do read the website because they do cover general NFL stuff pretty well, but they do ignore teams that are not in the northeast. It might have something to do with their location, being so close to New York, Boston, Buffalo, ect and hiring people from those local markets.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I been tired of BSPN for 10 years. SO glad DP moved on and got his own show
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've boycotted ESPN's Sunday Countdown and haven't watched it for about four seasons now. I can't stand Chris Berman. On gameday I listen to WQAM's pre game show up until kick-off. I'll have NFL Network's Gameday show playing on the TV but with the volume on very low. Then around noon I change it to the CBS pre-game show.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I only boycott espn when tebow actually scores since thats all that plays for a week
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    it was just reported on espn that tim tebow was spotted at wendy's. He had a broccoli and cheese potatoe and a spicy chicken sandwhich. Highlites will be availible on the blitz.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I watch it lots. It's pretty good.

I bet several of the posters ripping ESPN in this thread were watching ESPN as they posted.
    Quote Quote