Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Trade for Vontae Davis Looking Like a Bust More and More for the Colts

1. -41
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zounds View Post
    Looks like everyone on this board including myself was wrong, and Ireland was right. Getting a 2nd round pick and conditional 6th rounder was a steal for Vontae Davis.

Not 'everyone' agreed with you. I personally thought, since he showed up out of shape to camp and then looked lazy on Hard Knocks, thought the move was worth it. You don't go into work, with a new boss in town, fat and slow. With Philbin preaching 'professionalism' it was a matter of time before a player had to become a example. And that example was Vontae. Getting a 2nd for him was a good move by Ireland.

In the long run, Vontae will bounce back, IMO. But I do believe this season might be shot for him. His first few games in INDY were terrible. One of which was being matched up against Marshall and being abused all day.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I was initially really disappointed when we traded Vontae. I thought during training camp he was being left out as a wake up call to get up to speed and I hoped it would work. The guy has talent. Obviously it wasn't getting through and he was shipped out and the trade did make sense. I'd still not say he is a liability etc based on his start in Indy as that's just 4 games whereas he has 3 pretty good seasons here.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well thats not what you said when it happened. In fact you didnt say anything. So dont say you stood up for the trade when you didnt. Anyways, while everyone wants to say now that they were all for the trade, go read the major threads regading the trade at the time it happened - alomost nobody was for the trade. Go look it up. I swear some people's memories are worse than a politician's around here.

There have been many threads since this trade happened, where people have made discussion points on this trade. Just because it didn't happen in what you call the 'major threads' doesn't mean it wasn't said. Don't sit here and try to re write history as you see it.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanDuBbZ~ View Post
    There have been many threads since this trade happened, where people have made discussion points on this trade. Just because it didn't happen in what you call the 'major threads' doesn't mean it wasn't said. Don't sit here and try to re write history as you see it.
    Well I specifically said "when the trade happened", as in people's initial reaction. Why cant people differentiate between an initial reaction and hindisight a month later? Of course we all agree it was a good trade now, or even a few weeks after, but I was contrasting everyones initial reaction to a month later. I read this forum several times a day. Ive gone back and read the initial reaction threads, and I know what was in there. Go look it up if you dont believe me.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    And you werent posting anywhere near when the trade happened, but I guess yuo are going to tell me too that you were here saying it was a good trade from very first day too?
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    And you werent posting anywhere near when the trade happened, but I guess yuo are going to tell me too that you were here saying it was a good trade from very first day too?
    I turned off FH for awhile. It helps sometimes. And when I started posting again, I was on board with it. When it happened, I was on board with it. You don't show up to your job, with a new coach fat and slow. PERIOD. When you do, you show no respect to the person coming in to do their job. I have made this point, several times in several threads. Just because I wasn't here posting for you, doesn't mean it wasn't felt/said.

This offseason, the chicken littles were running rampant here. Its why you take a break from this place. When I did post, I said it several times. And I stand by it. I don't follow the echo chamber here, never have never will.

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

Well I specifically said "when the trade happened", as in people's initial reaction. Why cant people differentiate between an initial reaction and hindisight a month later? Of course we all agree it was a good trade now, or even a few weeks after, but I was contrasting everyones initial reaction to a month later. I read this forum several times a day. Ive gone back and read the initial reaction threads, and I know what was in there. Go look it up if you dont believe me.

My initial reaction, was as it is today. I don't struggle with reading comprehension.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Just because I wasn't here posting for you, doesn't mean it wasn't felt/said.
    Well if you didnt originally post about the Vontae trade then I wasnt talking about you. I am sure there are man many many people who were ok with the trade when it happened, but I was specifically talking about the posters in this community and their initial reactions. If you didnt post then, I wasnt talking about you. Simple as that.

This offseason, the chicken littles were running rampant here. Its why you take a break from this place. When I did post, I said it several times. And I stand by it. I don't follow the echo chamber here, never have never will.
    Cant argue with this statement. I'm usually the one going against the grain here. Probably time for me to vacation from this site too.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Vontae who. Sean Smith clearly outperforms him on the reg

Good move Ireland.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    You see value in trading a 1st round pick for a 2nd several years later? I don't. I will give him credit for cutting his losses though.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2
    I see value in realizing that a play didn't develop and being able to extract a 2nd round pick out of him. That's what matters. Yes, in a perfect world, we don't miss with that 1st rounder but considering the past... I'd take it. We didn't get a pick for goddamn Jason Allen
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I found my very first post when I reacted. I was political haha. I said "if Coyle said okay then Davis must be done. Wow. Great value, too"
    Quote Quote