Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: Trade for Vontae Davis Looking Like a Bust More and More for the Colts

1. -81
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If you feel that Vontae was a bad selection in the first round, you have to give Ireland credit for getting close to the same value in the trade.
    I guarantee you that Indianapolis feels like they overpaid at this point.
    Quote Quote  

2. -82
    One of 16 Vestal Virgins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    leaving for the coast
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    True hard to give props for a trade that garners a 2nd round pick when you spent a first round pick in the first place lol.

I mean people gave Ireland props for the Marshall trade well lest explore that trade.

Chicago got Brandon Marshall 35 receptions 496 yards 3tds and we got Michael Egnew 5 inactives 0 receptions 0 yards and next years 3rd round pick from them, what a steal
    Look at the jets: they spent a 6th pick for Gholston - or the Raiders: they squandered the first pick in the draft for Russell and both got virtually nothing in return. At least we got a few years out of reasonable to decent use out of Vontae before getting a nice return on a depreciating asset. So it's all relative.

Yeah, Ireland could have and should have gotten more for Marshall - but regardless for our QBs developmental sake and team chemistry, not to mention Hartline's emergence, losing Marshall is addition by subtraction.

Quote Quote  

3. -83
    Touchdown

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    DeFuniak Springs Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    In hindsight I have to admit the trade is looking better and better.

Just win Phin baby!
    Quote Quote  

4. -84
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aurora Il
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Vontae's in a weird mental space right now. I, like many of us in 2010 and the middle and late portion of the 2011 season felt like Vontae was becoming one of the better CBs in the NFL. I think his brother getting shot messed his head up really bad and then we traded him. His talent level can and will exceed that of a 2nd round pick down the road. He is a gifted player at the position when he's right and I think he will get right at some point.
    Quote Quote  

5. -85
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    With him we are 4-1 right now.
    Quote Quote  

6. -86
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Look at the jets: they spent a 6th pick for Gholston - or the Raiders: they squandered the first pick in the draft for Russell and both got virtually nothing in return. At least we got a few years out of reasonable to decent use out of Vontae before getting a nice return on a depreciating asset. So it's all relative.

Yeah, Ireland could have and should have gotten more for Marshall - but regardless for our QBs developmental sake and team chemistry, not to mention Hartline's emergence, losing Marshall is addition by subtraction.
    Well A Hartline, Bess and marshall combo is a much better receiving corps than what we have now so i dont think it would hurt Tannehill's development right now. I do agree with you on Russel and Ghoulston but both guys were dissapoiting from day one while vontae has always been considered our best corner and has never been looked on as a bust until we traded him.
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back

WVdolphan "Ireland gets it.
    And those who also get it, know that Ireland gets it. Those who are clueless are still concerned about cornfed and the running game"

WVDOLPHAN "The last thing this team should be worried about is the OC(offensive corn). When you add it all up, its really a pretty solid OC"
    Quote Quote  

7. -87
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    I suggested that Colts fans should have been the ones protesting. I wonder if they want to now over Vontae?
    Yes you did

Originally Posted by SkapePhin - Here is one thing I will guarantee... When all is said and done, Jeff Ireland will be viewed as a better Dolphins GM than Dennis Hickey. Take that to the bank. Buckle up folks! (26/01/2014)

Quote Quote  

8. -88
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Goatsville, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtiv View Post
    Vontae's in a weird mental space right now. I, like many of us in 2010 and the middle and late portion of the 2011 season felt like Vontae was becoming one of the better CBs in the NFL. I think his brother getting shot messed his head up really bad and then we traded him. His talent level can and will exceed that of a 2nd round pick down the road. He is a gifted player at the position when he's right and I think he will get right at some point.
    His level of immaturity is staggering. He may grow up later in life, but right
    now he's simply not mentally able to cope with some of life's ups and downs
    that those of us in the real world have had to cope with, and are coping with.

Not all of us have a first thought of calling our mommies either.

Sorry, dude. He may "get it" in time to save his career, but nothing I've
    seen from him so far suggests to me he will.

Quote Quote  

9. -89
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Trade for Vontae Davis Looking Like a Bust More and More for the Colts

All this arguing, I'm gonna call my grandma!

Sent From My EVO 4G LTE!
    Quote Quote  

10. -90
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    If it works out it works out, but I still think it was a dumb trade. 4 games into a season, injured and in a new system hardly is enough of an indicator to deem this trade a success or a failure.
    Quote Quote