Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NFL.com Rosenthal - Tannehill threw 'a handful of wow throws'

1. -1
    VIPeezy

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Montreal, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks

NFL.com Rosenthal - Tannehill threw 'a handful of wow throws'

He had Tannehill ranked 2nd behind Luck this week in QB play, but actually struggled with the decision saying Tannehill did everything that was asked of him.

After an electric Week 4 effort vs. the Arizona Cardinals, Tannehill played a very composed gameagainst the Cincinnati Bengals. The play in Tannehill's highlight package below starting around :47 seconds says it all. Tannehill stands tall in the pocket on third-and-10 and delivers a pass between three defenders just before taking a shot. Miami's offensive line has done an excellent job overall this year, but Tannehill handles himself very well when protection breaks down. You just don't see this type of third-and-long conversion from the pocket from Brandon Weeden or Russell Wilson.
    I thought hard about ranking Tannehill first this week. He did almost everything the Dolphins asked. He started fast (129 yards on his first 12 throws) to take the lead. There were a handful of "wow" plays. He ranks second because Luck played his best with the game on the line, but this was a second straight very encouraging effort from Tannehill. Dolphins fans have to be thrilled.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...annehill-shine
    Sig courtesy of @dolfan565

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Since 84

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He has been making these throws since week one!!!! No one in the last three draft classes has his accuracy or arm strength. Has anyone been paying attention to the location and trajectory of his passes. I dont care what his stats say look at his ball placement and the recievers YAC.

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    When Tannehill starts throwing TDs with regularity these talking heads will be falling all over themselves claiming they knew it all along...which is a bunch of cow manure. Don't think I haven't been watching Mike Lombardi on NFL network to see when he says something positive about Tannehill, he was the loudest mouth against the pick and said Tannehill is not a first rounder. And I can't remember the other clown that said Tannehill would never do anything in the NFL.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Since 84

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I really hate to say it but B Marshal should still be a Dolphin. Most of his beef with Moore and Henne was ball placement. Henne did not have not a deep ball or accuracy and Moore was hit or miss but RT gives you the same fire power consistently in or out the pocket. Cutler can fire it but nowhere near the accuracy of RT.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Heinegrabber View Post
    I really hate to say it but B Marshal should still be a Dolphin. Most of his beef with Moore and Henne was ball placement. Henne did not have not a deep ball or accuracy and Moore was hit or miss but RT gives you the same fire power consistently in or out the pocket. Cutler can fire it but nowhere near the accuracy of RT.
    No...we need to get over this already. Time to move on people. Marshall just would've bitched if Tannehill happened to not look his way. Our young QB doesn't need that. We'll get our number 1 receiver soon enough.
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Since 84

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CalDolFan10x14 View Post
    No...we need to get over this already. Time to move on people. Marshall just would've bitched if Tannehill happened to not look his way. Our young QB doesn't need that. We'll get our number 1 receiver soon enough.

You cant hide your QB he will never be a real pro if he cant face adversity. Its bound to happen at least with Marshal you knew it was coming. What happens when some else on the team takes a shot at him???? Even the Patroits go through this and they are winners. Look what San Fran went through with their Davis. How Rattled do you thinkDC was when he missed the kick lagainst the Bengals. Its going to happen public or not. Troy Aikmen played with one of the biggest mouths in football and both are in the HOF. I think brady went after his OC or vice versa during a game.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    You cant hide your QB he will never be a real pro if he cant face adversity. Its bound to happen at least with Marshal you knew it was coming. What happens when some else on the team takes a shot at him???? Even the Patroits go through this and they are winners. Look what San Fran went through with their Davis. How Rattled do you thinkDC was when he missed the kick lagainst the Bengals. Its going to happen public or not. Troy Aikmen played with one of the biggest mouths in football and both are in the HOF.
    Apples to oranges, man. No doubt Tannehill will need to face adversity (and he already has), but he doesn't need a diva receiver yelling in his face every time he doesn't look his way or throws a ball slightly off target.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Goatsville, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He was hit on the hands.

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonBoss View Post
    He was hit on the hands.
    Exactly...that's the other thing. Tannehill could hit him in the hands and there's always a possibility Marshall drops it.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Since 84

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CalDolFan10x14 View Post
    Apples to oranges, man. No doubt Tannehill will need to face adversity (and he already has), but he doesn't need a diva receiver yelling in his face every time he doesn't look his way or throws a ball slightly off target.
    I watched every Dolphin game and didnt see that.
    Quote Quote