Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Miami Dolphins’ Nolan Carroll making a bigger impact

1. -1
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks

Miami Dolphins’ Nolan Carroll making a bigger impact

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/10/1...ll-making.html

Now in his third season after being a fifth-round pick in 2010, Carroll came into this season with four career starts. Carroll played receiver in high school in the Jacksonville area, as well as in his first year at Maryland, but he said he always wanted to play defense.

“I haven’t played the position as long as some, so every day is a learning process,” he said.
    Carroll didn’t play much as a rookie, although he found himself playing more as the season went on. Carroll said having Sean Smith helping him out on and off the field was beneficial.
    “He has the confidence and knows what he is doing out there,” said Smith, who now lines up across from Carroll in the Miami defensive backfield. “In this game, there are a lot of shifts and motions, and coverages can change. I think he’s confident now in knowing that whatever happens he’s prepared enough to take care of it.”
    Confidence is a something every cornerback needs, because without it, receivers are going to sense that fear and take advantage of the situation.
    Wide receiver Davone Bess said he has noticed Carroll gaining more and more confidence in his game. Bess goes up against Carroll quite a bit during practice and said it makes him feel good to help in Carroll’s development on the other side of the ball. Carroll said going up against Bess in practice as a rookie “really shook me up.”

Thanks to Like2God for the great Avatar/Sig!

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Fan in Cali View Post
    http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/10/1...ll-making.html

Now in his third season after being a fifth-round pick in 2010, Carroll came into this season with four career starts. Carroll played receiver in high school in the Jacksonville area, as well as in his first year at Maryland, but he said he always wanted to play defense.

“I haven’t played the position as long as some, so every day is a learning process,” he said.
    Carroll didn’t play much as a rookie, although he found himself playing more as the season went on. Carroll said having Sean Smith helping him out on and off the field was beneficial.
    “He has the confidence and knows what he is doing out there,” said Smith, who now lines up across from Carroll in the Miami defensive backfield. “In this game, there are a lot of shifts and motions, and coverages can change. I think he’s confident now in knowing that whatever happens he’s prepared enough to take care of it.”
    Confidence is a something every cornerback needs, because without it, receivers are going to sense that fear and take advantage of the situation.
    Wide receiver Davone Bess said he has noticed Carroll gaining more and more confidence in his game. Bess goes up against Carroll quite a bit during practice and said it makes him feel good to help in Carroll’s development on the other side of the ball. Carroll said going up against Bess in practice as a rookie “really shook me up.”
    Carroll flashed some as a rookie but, last year was pretty bad. He did impress last week, and hope that continues. It's amazing to see how many players have gotten better to LOTS better from last year. I have to give a TON of credit to this new coaching staff.

I believed it would take much longer to adapt to everything new, let alone being better.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm glad too see this, I always believed he had the talent and just needed development. It used to iritate me to hear fans blast him, ignoring the fact that he was brought here as a developmental guy, not allowing for sufficient time for it to oocur.
    Jay Fiedler can take his'n and lose to your'n.....or take your'n and lose to his'n.

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He definitley seems more comfortable on the boundary, if I remember right he had to play most of his snaps in the slot last year where jimmy wilson is a much better fit.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFin View Post
    I'm glad too see this, I always believed he had the talent and just needed development. It used to iritate me to hear fans blast him, ignoring the fact that he was brought here as a developmental guy, not allowing for sufficient time for it to oocur.
    Agreed. Some Phans were disappointed that he did continue with his VG, but limited, play as a rookie. Others just like to blast away on players. There are not many 5th rounders who contribute much but, he does look like he will
    Quote Quote