Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 54

Thread: Signing Our Own In FA Will Leave Us Lots Of Cap Space

  1. -21
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2011
    Posts:
    264
    vCash:
    1370
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DKphin View Post
    I think the two priority FAs are Smith and Hartline. If I am not mistaken they are both 26 and still improving. While I would like to resign Starks he will be going into his 10th year in the league and I do not think a long term contract would be prudent. If we can sign him to a one or two yr deal, I would say do it. But will he want something longer? It is not the easiest thing to find a LT you can rely on, but since his surgery Jake Long is not the player he used to be. If you ask me he has lost some of his lateral quickness and that is why he is uncharacteristically giving up sacks. He will have to come down in his contract numbers or it might be time to go in another direction. He still is very good at run blocking, but his pass blocking has suffered.
    Randy Starks is not even 29 yet dude!!!! Are you friggin nutts!!! You have to resign him!!!
    Quote Quote  

  2. -22
    Phinatic8u's Avatar
    FinHeaven's Elite

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2008
    Posts:
    9,615
    vCash:
    10488
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    29 for a DT is young.


    Deshaun Watson is the TRUTH!
    Quote Quote  

  3. -23
    CANDolphan's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2006
    Posts:
    2,930
    vCash:
    1426
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Randy Starks plays DT, a position that typically does not see any major drop off until well into your 30s. Randy Starks will be 28 when the season starts. You sign him to another 4-5 year deal. Hes a stud.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -24
    TheWarriorFins's Avatar
    Ground and Pound

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2011
    Posts:
    2,232
    vCash:
    411
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!RadioactiveHalo Legendary1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Quote Originally Posted by DKphin View Post
    I think the two priority FAs are Smith and Hartline. If I am not mistaken they are both 26 and still improving. While I would like to resign Starks he will be going into his 10th year in the league and I do not think a long term contract would be prudent. If we can sign him to a one or two yr deal, I would say do it. But will he want something longer? It is not the easiest thing to find a LT you can rely on, but since his surgery Jake Long is not the player he used to be. If you ask me he has lost some of his lateral quickness and that is why he is uncharacteristically giving up sacks. He will have to come down in his contract numbers or it might be time to go in another direction. He still is very good at run blocking, but his pass blocking has suffered.
    Lol he's not playing striker in soccer or something to not be offered a long term contract at 28. He's a ****ing DT in american football where he still has A LOT of competitive years left and if we didn't resign him our D line collapses. Hell many players don't play to their best until they've hit their 30's
    Quote Quote  

  5. -25
    WVDolphan's Avatar
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    15,018
    vCash:
    21879
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    All he has is flat out conjecture and weird made up ****. He's a step away from claiming David Garrard was responsible for the 9/11 attacks.
    Damn, I never even thought of that. Perhaps I should look into it. I wouldnt put it past David Garrard.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -26
    Valandui's Avatar
    The Ghost

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2008
    Posts:
    9,632
    vCash:
    12395
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wasn't Dawn Aponte run out of Cleveland for sucking ass at her job?

    Valandui's Weekly Music Video

    Black Crown Initiate: Withering Waves
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlqJA1Rteio
    Quote Quote  

  7. -27
    WVDolphan's Avatar
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    15,018
    vCash:
    21879
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    Wasn't Dawn Aponte run out of Cleveland for sucking ass at her job?
    To be fair, everyone in Cleveland sucks ass at their jobs.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -28
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    32,918
    vCash:
    34372
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    Youre talking about the same clowns who couldnt do the simple research that took me 30 min to do in order to discover that David Garrard was a fraud, who planned to scam the franchise out of a million dollar signing bonus, with no intentions of ever playing a down of football.
    Garrard was just a guy trying to make money in the nfl playing the game your irrational rant against the man makes no sense Why would he have no intention of playing a down , your whole rationale is quite silly. Big deal just another guy that didnt make it. I mean he had more to gain by being our starting qb and it appeared early on he was that guy. Please explain how he attempted to scam one dollar out of anybody, he has been a productive qb in this league . i mean why would he want to actually make more money by playing . That tune your playing on garrard is getting downright silly and based in pure fiction that is in your head.
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -29
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    5,634
    vCash:
    10236
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    All he has is flat out conjecture and weird made up ****. He's a step away from claiming David Garrard was responsible for the 9/11 attacks.
    I have yet to see ONE SHREAD of evidence that would suggest David Garrard was inocent of any wrong doing in 9/11. And to the best of my knowledge he has yet to ever come out publically and deny being fully responsible for the whole thing.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -30
    Valandui's Avatar
    The Ghost

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2008
    Posts:
    9,632
    vCash:
    12395
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    I have yet to see ONE SHREAD of evidence that would suggest David Garrard was inocent of any wrong doing in 9/11. And to the best of my knowledge he has yet to ever come out publically and deny being fully responsible for the whole thing.
    He's also never gone on record saying he doesn't eat babies. I find that morally reprehensible.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. After signing Solai and Marshall do we have any cap space left??
    By ssnjamerson in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 03-15-2012, 03:17 PM
  2. Replies: 105
    Last Post: 03-01-2008, 07:47 PM
  3. Lots and Lots of Dolphins tid bits
    By Nublar7 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 03-24-2005, 09:44 PM
  4. Lots of negativity...
    By Predaphin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-12-2002, 10:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •