His abilty to play QB.
1. He is confident and is not afraid to make difficult throws.
2. He has a strong arm if he needs to use it, specifically for fast throws as opposed to using it for long throws.
3. I have not seen any terrible play from him. Sure mistakes and interceptions, but nothing that makes me think he as deep issues anywhere. There was the tipped passes week one but I have not seen them since.
Besides all the talent in the world...there have been alot of qbs who were talented freaks who never paned out (tim couch, david carr) My three that makes him so great are:
Cockiness: Hes confident with all his throws, isnt afraid to get hit, and isnt afraid to make mistakes
Professionalism: He has a drive to be the best, you see that in his work ethic, and the way he carries himself, and carries himself with class
Last and not least: (actually the most important part in a successful nfl qb)
He Enjoys to play the game: He plays loose and loves the competitive atmosphere, he has a drive to win, but you can see when he plays hes just having fun
I like that he is an intelligent quarterback, able to read defenses and put the team in the right play. That is huge for a rookie quarterback. I love that he's improving each week. I love his upside and can't wait to see what he can become with a legitimate big-play wide receiver and better play at the tight end position.
1. Pocket Presence.-Something that really needs to be natural in a QB.
2. Brain- Seems to be able to digest a lot already.-Something that is again a born in trait.
3. Seems to really be having fun. I want a guy that either is ultra competitive or really loves playing the game.
I like that he's not Chad Henne
I like that he's not Pat White
I like that he's not John Beck
Do you want me to continue backward until we get to Marino?
"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields
Avoiding pressure, Accuracy and Poise