Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: After 5 games, How do you Feel About Ireland Now???

1. -31
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I still like him. No change here.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    His free agency sucked this year, but his draft was pretty good with alot left to be seen.

Tannehill, Jones, Carroll, Misi, Odrick (not playing all that great lately), Smith, Pouncey, Martin, Jerry (Sparano guy)are all playing pretty good now. Yes coaching is big part of that, but he drafted them and you cant take that away. Coaching is not his job.

Trades he made was Starks, Bush, are probowl types.

FA he scored big on Cam Wake, Dansby, Incognito (yes, he is solid and is a big reason for stability on this OL when things were bad), Burnett is solid LB who can cover and tackle.

He scored draft picks getting rid of a headache that philbin did not want to deal with.

We are set up for the future for sure.

I have a huge problem with him gauranteeing someone like Naanee. Just rediculous.
    Starks was a free agency acquisition. One of his first.

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vega51 View Post
    How is Jerry doing? I saw the last game and i think he struggled a bit
    He was facing the best DT in the NFL right now, Geno Atkins. Jerry is the weak link it appears, but don't blame last week on him. He was mediocre. The whole line minus Jake Long was mediocre, actually.

On the season, he's looked "mediocre" to "good" so that's progress!
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    If you ain't first, you're last!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Shouldn't the real question be "After 5 games how do you feel about Philbin?" ?

I mean the roster has been the same since the start of the season for the most part. Why would anyone's opinion of Ireland change? If anything it would be people's opinion of Philbin that has changed.

And i tell you what, some have come a looooong way from bashing him repeatedly during hard knocks.
    "Fundamentals, technique, execution -- primary. Scheme -- secondary."

"We will incorporate an aggressive, up-tempo, attacking style in all three phases of the game."

"Our team will play with discipline, poise, and maximum effort."

"I want us to be the best tackling team in the NFL, the best team in pursuit, I want to take the ball away from other teams, I want to rattle the opposing quarterback every opportunity we get."

-- Joe Philbin 01/12

Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Southern California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I actually like him and i think our team will be a lot better next year i think his arm were kind of tied in getting anyone big in free agency considering our cap for this year.

I also think players like last year which he picked he picked in previous drafts were getting canned are now looking like good-great value picks ( Misi, Jones) both of those players are like night and day with this new coaching staff.

hes gonna be here next year unless the team totally bombs the rest of the year.

i also think somethings didn't go his way i mean we would'ev had a pretty decent wr core if chad johnson didnt act stupid in the off-season
    Miami Dolphins, Miami Heat , Virginia Tech

Xbox Live : Tiko7523
    Psn : Tiko7523
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BenchFiedler View Post
    I will continue to say that - We are not coaches and that's why we have a day job.....

I know Ireland failed in Free Agency because of NoNoo, and Hicks, and T. Johnson, and Chad, etc... But we did not overpay for Mario Williams and Anderson (Buffalo is not pressuring the QB that much)

We also did not overpay for Eric Winston and I like the O-Line of young players we currently have. They can play together for the next 5-10 years...

We did not overpay for Peyton even though he looks to be almost back to his old form, he doesn't have much years left.. But Tannehill does..

And the draft!!! We do have to give Ireland credit for the draft..... Jones, Sean Smith, Pouncey, Miller, Tannehill, etc..

Note: No draft is perfect so we will have guys like Egnew drafted very high who may not contribute this year but could next year or could end up being a bust.
    I feel the same way I did about him...EXCELLENT....unlike many of the naysayers I've looked at his moves with perspective, and I'm glad we're sticking with him, and hope he stays for 20 more years, if he does we'll have a lot of rings I'm guessing.
    Supporter of logic and organizational consistency

Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Leave Users Titles Alone!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oneida County, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinatic1399 View Post
    I feel he has a HUGE opportunity to redeem himself this offseason with tons of cap space and draft picks
    Most of that cap space will be used to retain our starters IMO. But I dont think we will be major players in FA. I like Ireland running the show, and the combination of him and our coaching staff and scouts are pointed in the right direction. I think he may have earned his next contract with the last draft class - he hit on 6 of 8 - with Egnew still figuring how to tie his cleats professionally could be 7...
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Ireland holds onto players he has signed way to long to try and justify his mistakes.
    That's absolute BS, he has always canned people quickly who didn't produce; Pat White being an example that first comes to mind
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post
    Ireland doesn't coach the team so what he "has done" after five games, is no different than what he did before the season started. Ireland buys the groceries, but Philbin makes the dinner, and he is the one who makes decisions that win or lose games.
    Yea but that's the point...he bought these groceries, and Philbin is making an excellent dinner with them...some people thought he was a bad grocery shopper because we had some mediocre dishes the last couple of years.

Long story short, he's always been buying groceries, we're finally getting a good dinner
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo

Re: After 5 games, How do you Feel About Ireland Now???

Quote Originally Posted by WesternNYDolfan View Post
    That's absolute BS, he has always canned people quickly who didn't produce; Pat White being an example that first comes to mind
    Who is kicking field goals for us this week?

Not to mention Colombo, Henne, and Sparano; just off the top of my mind.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

Quote Quote  

10. -40
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Still looking forward to his firing, hopefully sooner than later.

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by WesternNYDolfan View Post
    I feel the same way I did about him...EXCELLENT....unlike many of the naysayers I've looked at his moves with perspective, and I'm glad we're sticking with him, and hope he stays for 20 more years, if he does we'll have a lot of rings I'm guessing.
    You also were the only guy upset when we fired Sparano so we can take your opinion with a grain of salt.
    Quote Quote