Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: After 5 games, How do you Feel About Ireland Now???

1. -41
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I love him now, after 2 wins I am eager to say he should get a new 5 year contract, I say we give him as long as he needs to finally get it right.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Who is kicking field goals for us this week?

Not to mention Colombo, Henne, and Sparano; just off the top of my mind.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Columbo was with us for ONE season. There was zero upgrade available at the time.
    Henne looked good his last couple of games before getting injured. He played out his ROOKIE CONTRACT.
    Sparano isn't Ireland's decision, that's Ross.

You're seriously transparent. You'll skew anything so Ireland looks bad. Maybe try to be more open and come to your conclusion AFTER seeing evidence, not before.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    I'm not defending any of his mistakes, because Ireland has definitely has made his share. However, by firing Ireland, we risk bringing in a GM who wants to bring in a new set of coaches, his own players, and his own philosophy. Let's wait to see what happens this year and see how Tannehill develops before we talk about canning Ireland. Besides, coach Philbin is going to have a bigger impact with draft picks and personnel decisions even IF Ireland manages to stick around after this season. It's quite possible with the way the team is playing now, we could have a winning record by season's end.
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BenchFiedler View Post
    I will continue to say that - We are not coaches and that's why we have a day job.....

I know Ireland failed in Free Agency because of NoNoo, and Hicks, and T. Johnson, and Chad, etc... But we did not overpay for Mario Williams and Anderson (Buffalo is not pressuring the QB that much)

We also did not overpay for Eric Winston and I like the O-Line of young players we currently have. They can play together for the next 5-10 years...

We did not overpay for Peyton even though he looks to be almost back to his old form, he doesn't have much years left.. But Tannehill does..

And the draft!!! We do have to give Ireland credit for the draft..... Jones, Sean Smith, Pouncey, Miller, Tannehill, etc..

Note: No draft is perfect so we will have guys like Egnew drafted very high who may not contribute this year but could next year or could end up being a bust.

so u feel better that he overpaid for Richard Marshall instead
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...competent-best

That's a bad GM. People calling for Ireland's head are the same morons who demanded Matt Flynn. And demanded we keep Vontae. And said we'd never have big production from our WR corps without Marshall and his distractions.
    The people that praise Ireland are the same morons that wanted to keep Sparano on as head coach. Two can play that game.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Leave Users Titles Alone!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oneida County, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vega51 View Post
    How is Jerry doing? I saw the last game and i think he struggled a bit
    I agree Vega, but I think you will have that with a second year guy that rarely saw the field last year - especially fitness wise. I know he dropped a bunch of weight and all but the season is long. You hear all the time about dead arm periods for baseball players, and dead leg periods, in hockey, especially...Could be that sort of ebb.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    The same as I felt about him 5 games ago
    Yep.

Nothing so far has changed in my opinion about him. I think he takes a crapload
    of completely undeserved abuse.

Thanks Shifty!

Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I did not hace much faith at all but every week i feel a little bit better
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Out of the parcels mold and it feels so damn good.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well I for one supported him until the VD trade and after our horrendous preseason. I was figuring there was no way we would look this good and basically decided that I would wait until after game 4 to really start bashing him and asking for his head. BUT WOW have things changed both Philbin and RT both have done well. I am not a fan who just gives him credit for some moves like I did do when Bill Parcells and Tony S were here I felt after they left he had no more excuses and all the moves were his repsonsibility both good and bad this season. I for one do believe that both Parcells and Tony S relationship with Ireland helped dictate the results we saw on the field until this season. I believed he made a reach for RT that early in the draft this year and picked a coach that was not up to the job. Well I can't blame the guy on one side of my mouth and not give him credit on the other side. That may work for some fans here but not me. IMO Ireland and Philbin had a much better draft this year than Ireland and Tony S ever did. In fact I know a couple of draft gurus I follow quite closely on this site because I believe they are quite good pointed out that they believed at the time that the Cunningham and Egnew pick were more because of what the coach wanted than Ireland. Still like our draft with those picks too. Really I believe Ireland has improved since he arrived in the draft and FA. The guys in FA early we spent the big bucks on turned out to be duds but since then they have been players. His draft picking has improved too. So Ireland's needle is pointed up the moment so I say ride him until we see otherwise just like you would be a fool to trade a ascending player.
    Quote Quote