Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 130

Thread: After 5 games, How do you Feel About Ireland Now???

  1. -71
    CRAZYDOLFAN305's Avatar
    We Are Still Going To The SB

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    4,800
    vCash:
    1378
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins7273 View Post
    Do I really have to bring up the team records since he's been here again?
    Do it!. Go ahead, but something happened after the horrid start last year. Something changed after that Kansas City Game last year. Keep looking back, that's your right. Now, I'll ask you what the **** does that have to do moving forward. I'm living in the NOW. And the fact is this team is a couple of Dan Carpenter FG's from being 10 and 4 in the last 14 games. And yes you are what your record says you are, but if you look deeper, what that means is this team has played well for what is almost a duration of an entire season worth of games.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -72
    Dolphins7273's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2007
    Posts:
    4,130
    vCash:
    484
    Loc:
    Miami Gardens
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Geforce View Post
    Carl Peterson? Do you have a link that says Carl Peterson was directly associated with the Dolphins hiring Philbin?
    There's a ton of them. Google is your friend.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -73
    Dolphins7273's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2007
    Posts:
    4,130
    vCash:
    484
    Loc:
    Miami Gardens
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305 View Post
    Do it!. Go ahead, but something happened after the horrid start last year. Something changed after that Kansas City Game last year. Keep looking back, that's your right. Now, I'll ask you what the **** does that have to do moving forward. I'm living in the NOW. And the fact is this team is a couple of Dan Carpenter FG's from being 10 and 4 in the last 14 games. And yes you are what your record says you are, but if you look deeper, what that means is this team has played well for what is almost a duration of an entire season worth of games.
    Well, since you're living in the NOW, we are currently right NOW just 2-3, which means right NOW we still have a losing record.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -74
    Geforce's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2005
    Posts:
    8,232
    vCash:
    5075
    Loc:
    O-town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins7273 View Post
    There's a ton of them. Google is your friend.
    Does this mean you need my help in proving something you have no proof of?
    Quote Quote  

  5. -75
    Dolphins7273's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2007
    Posts:
    4,130
    vCash:
    484
    Loc:
    Miami Gardens
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Geforce View Post
    Does this mean you need my help in proving something you have no proof of?
    It means you shouldn't be so lazy and look for stuff yourself. Anyway, here you go. 5th paragraph:

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...down-to-three/
    Quote Quote  

  6. -76
    Geforce's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2005
    Posts:
    8,232
    vCash:
    5075
    Loc:
    O-town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins7273 View Post
    It means you shouldn't be so lazy and look for stuff yourself. Anyway, here you go. 5th paragraph:

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...down-to-three/
    And so the challenge for Ross, G.M. Jeff Ireland, and consultant Carl Peterson will be to determine based on a variety of tangible and primarily intangible factors whether McCoy or Philbin or Bowles is the best man for the job.
    Where exactly does it say Ross and Carl Peterson hired Philbin. It only says that Peterson sat in on the interviews along with Ross and Ireland.

    8. Ireland said the Dolphins considered coaches from all walks of life – current coordinators, previous head coaches, current college coaches, even the “John Harbaugh model” by interviewing Bears special teams coach Dave Toub – but he knew early on that he liked Philbin. “I knew about 15 minutes into the interview this is a guy we should really seriously look at,” he said. Carl Peterson also sat in on every meeting with Ross and Ireland.
    http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/theda...fseason-plans/

    I'm not that lazy, I just wanted YOU to prove what you stated.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -77
    Dolphins7273's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2007
    Posts:
    4,130
    vCash:
    484
    Loc:
    Miami Gardens
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Geforce View Post
    Where exactly does it say Ross and Carl Peterson hired Philbin. It only says that Peterson sat in on the interviews along with Ross and Ireland.


    http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/theda...fseason-plans/

    I'm not that lazy, I just wanted YOU to prove what you stated.
    You asked if he was associated with it, which he indeed was. Of course the owner would be the one to make the final hire. And the mere fact that they need a Carl Peterson to help with the coaching search says something about good 'ol Jeffrey.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -78
    Geforce's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2005
    Posts:
    8,232
    vCash:
    5075
    Loc:
    O-town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins7273 View Post
    You asked if he was associated with it, which he indeed was. Of course the owner would be the one to make the final hire. And the mere fact that they need a Carl Peterson to help with the coaching search says something about good 'ol Jeffrey.
    Only to you.

    Ross and Peterson are friends and Stephen trust Carl's judgement on football matters.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -79
    CRAZYDOLFAN305's Avatar
    We Are Still Going To The SB

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    4,800
    vCash:
    1378
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins7273 View Post
    Well, since you're living in the NOW, we are currently right NOW just 2-3, which means right NOW we still have a losing record.
    Duh! If you don't think the Dolphins were a couple of turnovers and missed FG's from being 4-1 then you haven't been paying attention. But you're right, I guess you are what you records says you are no matter what.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -80
    MadDog 88's Avatar
    Teddy Westside

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    12,492
    vCash:
    7352
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Geforce View Post
    Only to you.

    Ross and Peterson are friends and Stephen trust Carl's judgement on football matters.
    The argument is whether or not it was Ireland or Ross' choice to hire Philbin. This furthers distances Ireland as picking Philbin and also shows that Ross is not 100 percent trustworthy in Ireland being the decision maker here. Again, it was widely reported that Ross chose Philbin because he was floored with Philbins attention to detail.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Report on Ireland's job status + how I feel about Ross
    By icelatte39 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-10-2012, 05:16 PM
  2. IRELAND: Didn't feel like we needed a new starting quarterback
    By BlueFin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 08-22-2011, 05:08 PM
  3. GM Ireland: I feel great where we're at
    By FinAtic8480 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-06-2010, 09:09 PM
  4. Feel Good Story-related To A Feel Bad Business (war)
    By The Confessor in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-08-2007, 03:04 PM
  5. Just feel like letting this out guys but I feel much better now.
    By juniorseau55 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-11-2006, 01:13 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •