Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: The Fraud of Bill Parcells

1. -1
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks

Interesting The Fraud of Bill Parcells

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--al...GlvbnM-;_ylv=3

Heard about this article on the SVP and Rusillo show a little bit ago. Written by our old friend Jason Cole.

It sparks a good debate as it basically talks about how the Tuna's bad advice to Scott Pioli, Jeff Ireland, and Mike Tannenbaum has gotten them in bad situations and also mentions how Tuna acted the complete opposite way of how he told them to act during the height of his success.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Tie your shoes, god damn it.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Pioli was NEVER a good GM. The only reason he was "successful" in New England was Bill Billicheat's Spying on opponents formations and Tom Brady. The Chiefs were fools for hiring him. As for the Jeff Ireland, he is a below average GM slightly better than Pioli. For Stephen Ross to come out and demand they get a QB in last year's draft and now demanding they get a WR this off-season tells me how little he thinks of Jeff Ireland's ability to plug this team's holes on his own. Tannenbaum is a total disaster.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bahamas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinking View Post
    Pioli was NEVER a good GM. The only reason he was "successful" in New England was Bill Billicheat's Spying on opponents formations and Tom Brady. The Chiefs were fools for hiring him. As for the Jeff Ireland, he is a below average GM slightly better than Pioli. For Stephen Ross to come out and demand they get a QB in last year's draft and now demanding they get a WR this off-season tells me how little he thinks of Jeff Ireland's ability to plug this team's holes on his own. Tannenbaum is a total disaster.
    You have a link to where Ross demanded a QB and this the same Stephen Ross who proclaimed Henne as the next Dan Marino?

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am quite possibly in the minority here, but I think Ireland has done a fantastic job since Parcells exited the building. His drafts, while unpopular in many instances, have provided a lot of quality starters. His free agent signings have been decent, too (IMO). Granted we are in a poor cap situation, I think continuing to build through the draft will resolve that. A GM with a 50/50 track record should be applauded, not strung up like many fans are wishing for. Nobody is perfect in the NFL. Go back and read the interviews with Ireland where he talks about feeling the need to go back and watch Tannehill over and over during his final year at A&M. Ireland thought he was worth watching repeatedly, despite the fact he didn't play particularly well when he went to see him play...all before the owner "demanded" a QB pick in the first round this year (which I don't remember). This year Ross mentioned a receiving threat as a top priority. That doesn't mean the first round of the draft and it doesn't mean a wide receiver. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tyler Eifert (TE, Notre Dame) selected early for that reason.

People need to keep in mind also - "the devil you know may be better than the devil you don't." A new GM won't necessarily be better.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Good coach three decades ago. That said, unless allegations of Sandusky like behavior appear, Parcells will beloved by the majority of NFL people and fans who have not been victim of his deceit.

Its in the past and time to put it to rest.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Not really sure what the point of this article is. It doesnt say what the "alleged bad advice" is that Parcells gave to Pioli and Ireland, and it doesnt share any new info on the subject, nor does it even link Parcells with the 2 GMs. I'm confused...
    Quote Quote