Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: What Is Mark Sanchez's Present Market Value?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1st Round Pick or more - acquired to be preemptive starter on some other teams (name teams)

2 1.63%
  • 2nd Round Pick - Disappointing but has shown enough

4 3.25%
  • 3rd Round Pick - Disappointing but maybe salvageable

8 6.50%
  • 4th Round Pick - What the hell, you never know, right?

19 15.45%
  • 5th Round Pick - He'd make a potentially reliable back-up

38 30.89%
  • 6th - 7th Round Pick - Well, he's better than Painter who's still got a job, right?

23 18.70%
  • Worthless: Too far gone to justify the time to fix

29 23.58%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What's Mark Sanchez's Present Market Value?

1. -41
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    scotland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    His last 4 games he's been 1-3, with about a 45% completion record (worst since the Ravens starting QB in '99 over 4 straight games), and has the worst first 5 game completion percentage since the great JaMarcus Russell. Given that he's also undeniably had some good games and some competent ones where essentially he stayed out of his offense's way, the question arises:

How much market value can the jets command for this former 5th pick in the here & now?

1st Round Pick or more - acquired to be preemptive starter on some other teams (name teams)

2nd Round Pick - Disappointing but has shown enough to compete for starter job elsewhere (name teams)

3rd Round Pick - Disappointing but maybe salvageable for spot duty and downroad through patience and better coaching

4th Round Pick - What the hell, you never know, right?

5th Round Pick - He'd make a potentially reliable back-up if he can get his head screwed on straight!

6th - 7th Round Pick - Well, he's better than Curtis Painter who's still got a job, right?

Worthless: Between sensitive temperment, sub-standard skill set and poor development he's too far gone to justify the time to correct

Quote Quote  

2. -42
    LTJG

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Austin, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The only way Sanchez warrants trading a pick of any kind is if a GM thinks that he might flourish in another system and turn into a serious QB. I personally can't see that happening. Like Henne, Sanchez was not an instant bust, but it doesn't matter how skilled a failed QB is, he is simply a failed QB. One fatal flaw is all it takes. If a GM knows a QB can't take his team all the way, and the QB doesn't have some kind of athleticism to play multiple roles while also filling the backup QB role, then you don't give a 4th through 7th, you take him out of free agency.

Can you imagine the Dolphins trading a 5th for a QB that you know is not going to challenge for a starting role at this point?
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Captain Wine Cooler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1223973

Well it looks like we may be about to find out.

I'll be very surprised if they get anything of value for him. Infact, I can't see any teams wanting to trade for him with that money he is due. That's saying something too, given the # of teams that need a QB.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    These picks are the picks the Jets have to give the other team to take Sanchez right?
    There is no way that any team wants less than a first or 2nd rounder to take Sanchez.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You may think that you are some kind of god to these people. But we both know what you really are."
    "What's that? A criminal?"
    "Worse. A politician."
    Source: Under The Dome
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I want to change my vote from 5th round pick to worthless. Guy does not have the intestinal fortitude needed to be a leader or NFL QB.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

LMAO Jets to Shop Sanchez

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8761852

Things might not be great around here but they aren't as bad as they are in jetland. Just waiting for Junc to show up and tell how lucky some NFL team is going to be next year to pick up the next league MVP.

Come to think of it, I haven't seen much of ol Junc lately, hmmm. Wonder why??
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    These picks are the picks the Jets have to give the other team to take Sanchez right?
    There is no way that any team wants less than a first or 2nd rounder to take Sanchez.

You're laughing, but I think there's some merit to this. New York wants to offload his contract, badly. It might be worth throwing in a draft pick to get rid of him.

I mean seriously, if the Jets offered Mark Sanchez and a fourth round pick right now for the 53rd player on any other team's roster, I'm willing to bet that they still might not find a taker simply due to his awful, awful contract.

This could be the first trade in NFL history where a team trades a player and a draft pick in exchange for, I don't know, stocking the vending machines in the training facility for a year?
    I'm here to tell the truth about top secret Air Force project BAR STOOL. Gamma ray radiation from the particle accelerator under Joe Robbie Stadium is real! Get out while you can! This bad football team is just a front for something far more sinister!
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The best part is absolutely no one will trade for him...
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    MIA#1

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i heard McDonalds are hiring
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Superman logo2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    haha love it. the only team i could see trade for him is maybe the chiefs... nope nevermind they will get barkley

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by OyeDale305 View Post
    i heard McDonalds are hiring
    i wouldnt let that turd make my burger
    Quote Quote