Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: What Is Mark Sanchez's Present Market Value?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1st Round Pick or more - acquired to be preemptive starter on some other teams (name teams)

2 1.63%
  • 2nd Round Pick - Disappointing but has shown enough

4 3.25%
  • 3rd Round Pick - Disappointing but maybe salvageable

8 6.50%
  • 4th Round Pick - What the hell, you never know, right?

19 15.45%
  • 5th Round Pick - He'd make a potentially reliable back-up

38 30.89%
  • 6th - 7th Round Pick - Well, he's better than Painter who's still got a job, right?

23 18.70%
  • Worthless: Too far gone to justify the time to fix

29 23.58%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Mark Sanchez's Present Market Value?

1. -11
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gotta look at past trades to establish value, and exclude any fluke trades(basically anything the Raiders have done).

Hes not as "blockbuster" as Kevin Kolb or Daunte Culpepper. Kolb was a relative unknown who had potential and Culpepper was a former high performing starter.
    Hes not as bust as, say, Trent Green was for us, who we spent a conditional 5th on. Or even a Shaun Hill type situation who went for a 7th.

Steve McNair went for a 4th and id say that sounds about right. Though id have a hard time seeing anyone spend a 4th on a fourth year vet who hasnt lived up to expectations.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    TANNERECTION!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    5th. Matt Moore has more trade value then Sanchez.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    5th. Matt Moore has more trade value then Sanchez.
    Ted, I would agree except for the perception (misplaced I think) that Sanchez has more upside than Moore.. although Moore would presently make any team a better one that Sanchez. Even though I started the poll, I'm still twixt and tween between "4th" and "5th" round value .. cause actually I'd be pissed if Moore, who an argument can be made that he's presently the 3rd best QB in the division, goes for anything less than a 4th.

So although as the 6th round option I meant "Painter" (whom the jest are so proud of beating in the second half of game 15 in 09), I will continue to "ponder" this myself.

"Yep. Blow it up. This might the worst team I've ever seen constructed in my life.
    And then you throw in the terrible preparation and in-game coaching. There is no defense.
    But do it right. Fire everyone in the building. No survivors. , JiF Jetnation

Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    His ridiculous contract makes him borderline untradeable. It's not just giving up the pick, it's taking on all that salary. No way.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    TANNERECTION!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Ted, I would agree except for the perception (misplaced I think) that Sanchez has more upside than Moore.. although Moore would presently make any team a better one that Sanchez. Even though I started the poll, I'm still twixt and tween between "4th" and "5th" round value .. cause actually I'd be pissed if Moore, who an argument can be made that he's presently the 3rd best QB in the division, goes for anything less than a 4th.

So although as the 6th round option I meant "Painter" (whom the jest are so proud of beating in the second half of game 15 in 09), I will continue to "ponder" this myself.
    I took into account that the Chiefs may be in the market for a QB and I would be willing to bet they would rather take Moore. Call it a hunch if you want, but outside of them, neither will get more then a 5th IMHO.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    TANNERECTION!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    His ridiculous contract makes him borderline untradeable. It's not just giving up the pick, it's taking on all that salary. No way.
    Good point. He is owed 12 mil next season and counts as 17 mil in dead money. That is fraud, waste and abuse if I have ever seen it.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jacksonville will be looking for a QB. Gabbert looks like he's the first of the young highly drafted QBs to be a bust. He looks so bad that it won't be too long before Henne gets tapped on the shoulder and they see what the Robot has to offer. The Jags may well be in the running for Barkley but a 4 playoff game winner like Sanchez could be given an opportunity in Jax.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by spiketex View Post
    Jacksonville will be looking for a QB. Gabbert looks like he's the first of the young highly drafted QBs to be a bust. He looks so bad that it won't be too long before Henne gets tapped on the shoulder and they see what the Robot has to offer. The Jags may well be in the running for Barkley but a 4 playoff game winner like Sanchez could be given an opportunity in Jax.

Shonn green has more playoff wind than mjd. Maybe they should pick him up to. Heck. Rex grossman made it to the Super Bowl. That's who Jax should really go after
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by spiketex View Post
    Pretty sure long term a different Jets QB will be their franchise QB. Isnt he a local? And dont they need to sell tickets? Makes sense to me.
    Quote Quote