Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: What Is Mark Sanchez's Present Market Value?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1st Round Pick or more - acquired to be preemptive starter on some other teams (name teams)

2 1.63%
  • 2nd Round Pick - Disappointing but has shown enough

4 3.25%
  • 3rd Round Pick - Disappointing but maybe salvageable

8 6.50%
  • 4th Round Pick - What the hell, you never know, right?

19 15.45%
  • 5th Round Pick - He'd make a potentially reliable back-up

38 30.89%
  • 6th - 7th Round Pick - Well, he's better than Painter who's still got a job, right?

23 18.70%
  • Worthless: Too far gone to justify the time to fix

29 23.58%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: What's Mark Sanchez's Present Market Value?

1. -71
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    His contract is going to make a trade more difficult. The fact that teams know the Jests will cut him if they have to will also hurt any trade value. Considering those factors means he likely wont get the Jests as much as what they would get for him otherwise.

Im guessing some team will come off of some kind of compensation to prevent Sanchez from hitting the market and being able to sign with one of the other 2 or 3 teams who may be interested. But, these teams may also think it might be worth letting him hit the market because then they could sign him at a much cheaper price than what his current contract will pay him next season.

Its difficult to say for those reasons. I know there wont be more than 3 or 4 teams with interest. Im sure there are teams desperate for a QB though who feels like they might be able to turn things around for him. The fact that there simply arent many options in the draft this year helps Sanchez out.

Maybe a 4th rounder. Maybe. Perhaps a 3rd, but thats probably the max. If a team with a stadium and/or practice facility with a lot of trees around making for extra leaf blowing duties during the season is interested, they may be willing to part with a pick for him.
    Quote Quote  

2. -72
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    His contract is going to make a trade more difficult. The fact that teams know the Jests will cut him if they have to will also hurt any trade value. Considering those factors means he likely wont get the Jests as much as what they would get for him otherwise.

Im guessing some team will come off of some kind of compensation to prevent Sanchez from hitting the market and being able to sign with one of the other 2 or 3 teams who may be interested. But, these teams may also think it might be worth letting him hit the market because then they could sign him at a much cheaper price than what his current contract will pay him next season.

Its difficult to say for those reasons. I know there wont be more than 3 or 4 teams with interest. Im sure there are teams desperate for a QB though who feels like they might be able to turn things around for him. The fact that there simply arent many options in the draft this year helps Sanchez out.

Maybe a 4th rounder. Maybe. Perhaps a 3rd, but thats probably the max. If a team with a stadium and/or practice facility with a lot of trees around making for extra leaf blowing duties during the season is interested, they may be willing to part with a pick for him.
    Sanchez has become so synonymous with "inept joke" and "fail" in the media that I cannot see a team consider bringing him in to energize the fanbase, like a Jacksonville, or Arizona. I can see a team with a rabid fan base and a great or promising QB handing him a clipboard like Seattle if they trade Flynn who actually has market value, or maybe Washington if they trade Cousins (doubtful because of RG3's fragility). Note that despite the inevitable Alex Smith moving on, I didn't include SF cause Harbaugh played the position, doesn't suffer fools lightly and is smart enough to know that there are more promising, mentally-though and defensive reading-capable reclamation projects out there.

Quote Quote  

3. -73
    Pimpin' ain't easy

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    outside the beltway
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Sanchez has become so synonymous with "inept joke" and "fail" in the media that I cannot see a team consider bringing him in to energize the fanbase, like a Jacksonville, or Arizona. I can see a team with a rabid fan base and a great or promising QB handing him a clipboard like Seattle if they trade Flynn who actually has market value, or maybe Washington if they trade Cousins (doubtful because of RG3's fragility). Note that despite the inevitable Alex Smith moving on, I didn't include SF cause Harbaugh played the position, doesn't suffer fools lightly and is smart enough to know that there are more promising, mentally-though and defensive reading-capable reclamation projects out there.

As bad as the QB woes are here in AZ I have no doubt the Cards would take a chance on the taco, they're just not affluent enough to pay that amount of $$ for another bad QB (where's Dovah when you need him!); the Skins already have an inept backup (Grossman) and even Pete C would not bring that lack of talent to a team that's on the rise. Totally agree on SF observation as Smith, who is a MUCH better QB than Sanchez has already been benched in favor of Kaepernick.
    Quote Quote  

4. -74
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd give you a bag of corn chips, some queso dip and maybe a shot of mezcal but nothing more.
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote  

5. -75
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post

I have probably been posting less since you stopped posting your nonsense. that seems to take up most of my time here.
    Funny, you took the words right out of my mouth.

No, the Jets eliminated themselves.
    Are you sure that they weren't already out of it before they eliminated themselves?

It just sucks to be a Jet fan, I wish I was a dolphin b/c they always have such a bright future
    Not always, but it is clear right now which team has a brighter future. Who knows though, maybe McElroy will be the next Brady.
    Quote Quote  

6. -76
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo

Re: What's Mark Sanchez's Present Market Value?

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.
    Quote Quote  

7. -77
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Sanchez's trade value. A concise breakdown

http://www.sportspickle.com/opinion/...hez-in-a-trade
    Quote Quote  

8. -78
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo

Re: What's Mark Sanchez's Present Market Value?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    Sanchez's trade value. A concise breakdown

http://www.sportspickle.com/opinion/...hez-in-a-trade
    The Bengals would be lying to the Jets. Gingers don't have souls.

Also, the Giants one is the best one. Lol.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.
    Quote Quote  

9. -79
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Does a bucket of vomit have value?
    Quote Quote  

10. -80
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Realistically speaking, if I had created this poll now instead of approximately some 10 weeks back, my first choice would have been the 5th round going down as I don't know of any team in their right mind who'd trade a higher pick - not even factoring in that albatross of a salary the BeanCounter gifted him - unless an inducement like Cromartie or Mangold were part of the package.

I maybe could an egomaniac like Pete Carroll going ahead and trading Matt Flynn and something like a 4th rounder for Sanchez and Mangold thinking he can show off by again fixing The Buttfumbler and turning him into a decent clipboard holder.
    Quote Quote