Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: One thing Tannehill and Dan the Man definitely have in common...

1. -11
    Die Hard Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He's Dan Marino damn it!!!
    I'm building a time machine so I can witness the good ol' days.
    WHO'S WITH ME?
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tanny needs to do some endorsements. He has to buy new furniture for luaren. You saw that flimsy table they got. The workmanship is shotty at best. The mans got bills to pay.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Hating The Jets With A Passion Since '84

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I never understood why the quarterback of a South Florida franchise was a good spokesperson for winter gloves.
    JETS FANS' TEARS TASTE LIKE CANDY

(...so taste the rainbow, b*tches)
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Hating The Jets With A Passion Since '84

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Swagger. That's what they have in common.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCityCat View Post
    I know a lot of Dolphin fans want to find some similarities between the two but they are not even close in comparison. First Dan wasn't mobile at all. Dan really wasn't much of an athlete. Dan was fiercely competitive and wore his emotions on his sleeve. Ryan has a very calm demeanor on the outside. He may have the same competitive fire but you don't see it in his actions. I know he is a rookie. Maybe he will grow into that roll but he doesn't strike me as an emotional player at all. They both have strong arms. I'm not sure if Ryan has as quick of a release as Dan either. I really don't see the comparison. I think Ryan is closer to a Brette Farve imho.
    Its actually untrue to say that Marino was not a good athlete he just wasnt a runner and was not ultra fast but he was a good enough athlete to be strong in football and baseball.
    No one has as quick of a release as marino , friggin amazing.
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the saddest commercial ever, yea that next year never came

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYi7W5nB80s
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    hopefully they won't have the lack of super bowl titles in common
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyboy View Post
    hopefully they won't have the lack of super bowl titles in common
    Lets not even mention that. Regardless of superbowls though I think Dan marino was the greatest qb to ever play the game. Qb's get too much blame and too much praise in the NFL for winning it all.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    CMD

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Batman logoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
Gift received at 01-14-2014, 04:21 PM from DisturbedShifty
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCityCat View Post
    I know a lot of Dolphin fans want to find some similarities between the two but they are not even close in comparison. First Dan wasn't mobile at all. Dan really wasn't much of an athlete. Dan was fiercely competitive and wore his emotions on his sleeve. Ryan has a very calm demeanor on the outside. He may have the same competitive fire but you don't see it in his actions. I know he is a rookie. Maybe he will grow into that roll but he doesn't strike me as an emotional player at all. They both have strong arms. I'm not sure if Ryan has as quick of a release as Dan either. I really don't see the comparison. I think Ryan is closer to a Brette Farve imho.
    That's not right to say. There's different types of mobile. You could be mobile like Fran Tarkenton or Romo and run around and keep the play alive, eluding defenders and having a keen eye for getting the ball off to an open receiver at the last second, or you could be mobile Like Marino, not fast, he's not going to outrun a lot of people. But there are not a lot of QB's better than Marino at stepping/sliding away from a sack, re-setting his feet, and firing a laser for a TD. Marino could just feel the pocket in a way, he was able to sense pressure and avoid it by using his feet, not running away, but doing the little moves that were just enough. Marino used to avoid sacks by kind of just slightly sliding to the left and pushing the defender out of the way with his left arm and then buy himself an extra couple of seconds to find an open man.

So, while Marino wasn't exactly Fran Tarkenton he was still a mobile QB.

And also, I don't think it's a very good thing for Tannehill to show his emotions so early in his career. While whenever Marino did it he looked like a leader and someone who loves the game, he was an elite QB after his 2nd year and people respected him. If you try to show your emotions without respect, you turn into a ******** like Philip Rivers or Ryan Leaf.
    Credit: DisturbedShifty
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CallMeDaddy View Post
    That's not right to say. There's different types of mobile. You could be mobile like Fran Tarkenton or Romo and run around and keep the play alive, eluding defenders and having a keen eye for getting the ball off to an open receiver at the last second, or you could be mobile Like Marino, not fast, he's not going to outrun a lot of people. But there are not a lot of QB's better than Marino at stepping/sliding away from a sack, re-setting his feet, and firing a laser for a TD. Marino could just feel the pocket in a way, he was able to sense pressure and avoid it by using his feet, not running away, but doing the little moves that were just enough. Marino used to avoid sacks by kind of just slightly sliding to the left and pushing the defender out of the way with his left arm and then buy himself an extra couple of seconds to find an open man.

So, while Marino wasn't exactly Fran Tarkenton he was still a mobile QB.

And also, I don't think it's a very good thing for Tannehill to show his emotions so early in his career. While whenever Marino did it he looked like a leader and someone who loves the game, he was an elite QB after his 2nd year and people respected him. If you try to show your emotions without respect, you turn into a ******** like Philip Rivers or Ryan Leaf.
    Marino had the best pocket awareness I have ever seen, he made his oline look much better than they were. How many times did most of us see a guy coming from his backside and he just stepped up
    Quote Quote