Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GOP voted to cut funding for embassy security

1. -1
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

GOP voted to cut funding for embassy security

Bitching about the WH for not providing enough security for embassies yet cutting funding for the said purpose. Grandiose.

I declare the GOP unamerican and unpatriotic and a danger to our national security.

http://thinkprogress.org/security/20...assy-security/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...p_ref=politics

It really doesn't matter at this point if the staff was at the levels requested by embassy staff. No. What matters is the charge of the GOP, Romney and Ryan that the WH did not increase security to prevent the Benghazi attacks. Cutting funding and then shifting blame. Fantastic.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    lol
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Magic City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17Dolphins Homer

Re: GOP voted to cut funding for embassy security

Not sure if "lol" should be the response to info like this.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trojanma View Post
    Not sure if "lol" should be the response to info like this.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    what should the response be?
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    what should the response be?
    How about taking the politics out of it and finding out what went wrong and fixing it pronto ...........

4 Americans died from an obvious miscalculation ...also do not see the slightest bit of humor....and find it hard to believe that one would even ask such a question
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    "For fiscal 2013, the GOP-controlled House proposed spending $1.934 billion for the State Department’s Worldwide Security Protection program — well below the $2.15 billion requested by the Obama administration. House Republicans cut the administration’s request for embassy security funding by $128 million in fiscal 2011 and $331 million in fiscal 2012. (Negotiations with the Democrat-controlled Senate restored about $88 million of the administration’s request.)"

I took the above quote from the Thinkprogress.org article that you listed above. It doesn't appear that you read the article or at least never made it past the headline and first paragraph because it clearly shows that the State Department budget was only cut from $2.15 billion to 2.022 billion ($1.934B + $.088B) which amounts to a .94% cut in the PROPOSED budget. Now you expect me to believe that because the compromised budget fell less than one percent below the proposed amount, it prevented the State Department from allocating proper resources to obviously dangerous situations and allowed for four Americans to be slaughtered? They couldn't find funding for a dozen or so soldiers or Blackwater guys in more than $2 billion? I don't expect you to jump ship and become a right wing nut job like me but come on...you have to be smarter than this. The Obama Administration and the State Department should just come out and say they screwed up and put measures in place to ensure they don't happen again. However, they have proven time and time again that taking responsibility for their part in anything negative is not going to happen. So long as they have the Hollywood propaganda machine, where reality is totally optional, and droves of loyal fans that look no further into situations than headlines then I suppose we can expect this to be the "New Normal". Yeah, I can't wait!
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cuzinvinny View Post
    How about taking the politics out of it and finding out what went wrong and fixing it pronto ...........

4 Americans died from an obvious miscalculation ...also do not see the slightest bit of humor....and find it hard to believe that one would even ask such a question
    Of course when the Republicans are caught with their pants down we don't want to make it politics. Please be reminded that the GOP, Romney and Ryan politicized this event since it happened. And what I have done I don't call 'politicizing this tragic event'. I am calling it 'showing the true face of the GOP and their chosen candidates'. Despicable. Unpatriotic. Unamerican.

I also did not find the slightest humor in 9/11/2001 yet it did not prevent the Bush administration to use this event for political purposes their entire time in office.

So don't give that crap about not politicizing. The GOP are the masters at reveling in death and selling death for political purposes.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    "For fiscal 2013, the GOP-controlled House proposed spending $1.934 billion for the State Department’s Worldwide Security Protection program — well below the $2.15 billion requested by the Obama administration. House Republicans cut the administration’s request for embassy security funding by $128 million in fiscal 2011 and $331 million in fiscal 2012. (Negotiations with the Democrat-controlled Senate restored about $88 million of the administration’s request.)"

I took the above quote from the Thinkprogress.org article that you listed above. It doesn't appear that you read the article or at least never made it past the headline and first paragraph because it clearly shows that the State Department budget was only cut from $2.15 billion to 2.022 billion ($1.934B + $.088B) which amounts to a .94% cut in the PROPOSED budget. Now you expect me to believe that because the compromised budget fell less than one percent below the proposed amount, it prevented the State Department from allocating proper resources to obviously dangerous situations and allowed for four Americans to be slaughtered? They couldn't find funding for a dozen or so soldiers or Blackwater guys in more than $2 billion? I don't expect you to jump ship and become a right wing nut job like me but come on...you have to be smarter than this. The Obama Administration and the State Department should just come out and say they screwed up and put measures in place to ensure they don't happen again. However, they have proven time and time again that taking responsibility for their part in anything negative is not going to happen. So long as they have the Hollywood propaganda machine, where reality is totally optional, and droves of loyal fans that look no further into situations than headlines then I suppose we can expect this to be the "New Normal". Yeah, I can't wait!
    The 2.15 Billion was for the entire department not just the embassy security. The embassy security was a much smaller number which put the 128 Million in perspective. I found a link yesterday which put the 128 Million figure into the 30% range of the 2011 budget for embassy security and the 300 Million number in the 50% range. That would put the budget for embassy security into the 450 Million (2011) and 600 Million range (2012) which look like reasonable numbers. Unfortunately I left the laptop (on battery) unattended and lost the links before saving them. But I will look for them later.

You are right the numbers itself look rather small compare to the entire budget request but the 2 billion plus is for the entire Security program of the State Department which includes security abroad and home for all employees including Hillary Clinton traveling.

Honestly we don't know what effect the cuts really had. My point was and is that you can not blame the WH for not providing additional security when you simply cut the budget.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    Of course when the Republicans are caught with their pants down we don't want to make it politics. Please be reminded that the GOP, Romney and Ryan politicized this event since it happened. And what I have done I don't call 'politicizing this tragic event'. I am calling it 'showing the true face of the GOP and their chosen candidates'. Despicable. Unpatriotic. Unamerican.

I also did not find the slightest humor in 9/11/2001 yet it did not prevent the Bush administration to use this event for political purposes their entire time in office.

So don't give that crap about not politicizing. The GOP are the masters at reveling in death and selling death for political purposes.
    OK you can't take politics out of it ? fine :

If I'm not mistaken the Democrates are running the show or rather should I say this asylum..........and doing their best to cover their dumb asses over this horrendous, catastrophic show of deceit and ineptitude, and trying to "covering it up" and 4 people died so I think it deserves to be exposed no matter what party was responsible...... looks like another nail going into Obla bla's coffin......
    Christ this administration is the best thing for the Romney Campaign and their self destructing ineptitude coming out at such a critical time.........
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    You're standing on my neck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks

It turns out that Ambassador Stevens had warned the administration that he was an Al Qaeda target. His security detail made repeated warnings that the situation was deteriorating in Eastern Libya. But someone back in Washington didnít take it seriously. He or they, decided not only to deny the request for additional security for the ambassador and our Consulate, but also to reduce the existing minimal security detail.

Obama taking his campaign more serious than Americans security around the world. This Clown is either the most dispicable human being putting his own personal needs above the security of our Country and citizens, or just as possible, He just doesn't have a clue, which would seem to follow the partern of his policies, whatever they truly are.

Wow, seems like the whole friggin administration is trying to put or draw out all their policies till after the election....

4 more years of this kind of leadership .........
    Not every human is a manipulative, opportunistic, letch... or at least that's what I'm told.
    Quote Quote