Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Greg Cote: A case can be made to defend Jeff Ireland

1. -51
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodleman View Post
    Actually you would have to include Wake and Bush in there which by my count puts it at closer to 50%. As far as Marshall goes, how can you possibly say that was a failure? That is ridiculous, dude had 1200 yards last year. By my reading, Philbin had more to do with him being gone than Ireland. It is not a FA failure if Ireland gives the coach power to say who he wants on the roster. So by my count that is4 out of 7. You are being a little presumptuous....Ireland has been here for 5 years but you would be kidding yourself if Parcells didn't have the MOST say who they draft. Nobody has ANY idea who made those choices or how much control Ireland had. From the last 3 drafts Miami:
    2010: 6 of 8 are contributors on this team including starters Odrick, Misi and Jones(who is looking pretty good)
    2011: 4 of 6 are contributors on this team including Pouncy who is looking like a stud,
    2012: 7 of 9 are on the team. The biggest and best choice he made in any draft was Tannehill based on early returns.

So by my count, that is 17 of 23 choices that are either key starters, key contributors, or in the case of this year showed enough talent to make the roster.

Is Ireland the best GM in the league? Doubtful! But he is nowhere near as bad as you and others seem to think. Your criticism of someone who is positive about him is as unfounded as it is ridiculous! His drafts have been solid and he did draft our QB of the future which is the MOST important thing he could do! Release your hatred it leads to the dark side!lol

PS- For this years stats that is based on Egnew continuing to fail. IF he turns it on that means Miami had 18 of 23 picks on the team still.
    Running out the door so cant pick apart this post, but quickly:

1) Wake and Bush were not handed top teir contracts to play for us. Wake was paid next to nothing, Bush had his rookie contract restructered to have his single year salary split in half to be paid out over 2 seasons.
    2) We signed Marshall to a 5 year deal, with his contract being the biggest ever for a wideout. We got 2 years out of it, had no long term success and lost multiple draft picks for it. I think its fair to call something a failure if it doesnt even reach the halfway point, not to mention the draft pick considerations. Thats not a successful trade, thats a rental.

And yes, yes, yes, i forgot, Ireland was on unpaid internship his first few years and twiddled his thumbs. Gotcha. Ireland will be a gold medalist at the Psychological Olympics, because his fanbase has the logic gymnastics down to perfection.
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Geforce View Post
    For me it's more about the Jake Groves and Justin Smileys. Parcells was known to have a disdain for injury prone players and yet they bring in these two and it ended up biting the team in the butt.

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

I forgot all about Gibril Wilson.
    mark Colombo anybody?
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Dan is the Man

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Who was the gm that brought Culpepper in instead of Drew Brees?
    Just beat those Stinking JETS
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    stability>firing ireland. Ireland is bringing in the players philbin wants, getting rid of those players philbin doesn't. I dont' want an unknown gm to come in here, run things "his" way, and not accept the input from the most importan man on the field.

Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post

1) Wake and Bush were not handed top teir contracts to play for us. Wake was paid next to nothing, Bush had his rookie contract restructered to have his single year salary split in half to be paid out over 2 seasons.
    2) We signed Marshall to a 5 year deal, with his contract being the biggest ever for a wideout. We got 2 years out of it, had no long term success and lost multiple draft picks for it. I think its fair to call something a failure if it doesnt even reach the halfway point, not to mention the draft pick considerations. Thats not a successful trade, thats a rental.

And yes, yes, yes, i forgot, Ireland was on unpaid internship his first few years and twiddled his thumbs. Gotcha. Ireland will be a gold medalist at the Psychological Olympics, because his fanbase has the logic gymnastics down to perfection.
    Marshall did sign a 5 year deal and he performed fine overall. Miami as a team moved in a different direction. Ireland cannot be blamed for not being able to see the future.lol As far as the draft picks we probably overpaid denver for him but value changes over time for players. Still think Marshall did well while he was here. I can tell you if Miami had kept him, this team would look a lot better offensively.
    As for your last comment...you are apparently trying to sound MUCH smarter than you are. I never said I was an Ireland fan or not. Just pointing out that Ireland is not the devil. Instead you choose to try and belittle someone cause they don't agree with you. That kind of sounds like you are being a dick....no offense!
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    We Are Still Going To The SB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

And yes, yes, yes, i forgot, Ireland was on unpaid internship his first few years and twiddled his thumbs. Gotcha. Ireland will bePut a gold medalist at the Psychological Olympics, because his fanbase has the logic gymnastics down to perfection.
    Put everything that has happened in the last 5 years in him. Everything bad. I mean everything.
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    Disagree with the most villified figure in South Florida sports...that should be Jeffrey Loria, unequivocally, hands down, the worst owner in all professional sports.
    100% accurate.
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodleman View Post
    Marshall did sign a 5 year deal and he performed fine overall. Miami as a team moved in a different direction. Ireland cannot be blamed for not being able to see the future.lol As far as the draft picks we probably overpaid denver for him but value changes over time for players. Still think Marshall did well while he was here. I can tell you if Miami had kept him, this team would look a lot better offensively.
    As for your last comment...you are apparently trying to sound MUCH smarter than you are. I never said I was an Ireland fan or not. Just pointing out that Ireland is not the devil. Instead you choose to try and belittle someone cause they don't agree with you. That kind of sounds like you are being a dick....no offense!
    You forget Marshall played in a West Coast offense in Denver, right? So, that entirely different direction happens to be.....not one at all. Logic is fun.

So when Miami trades for a player: they get good value. When they trade that same player away a mere 2 offseasons later: well, you know times are tough and a recession hit the NFL and Miami just didnt have a good crop this season....
    Anyway you look at that trade, it was a failure. Second round picks, after they are spent, are meant to last at least 4 years. We paid multiple second round picks for a top player and handed him a huge contract. When you pay players top money then immediately cut them, it destroys your cap. If you need evidence, check this past offseason. Getting that much lower value for one of the best players in the league is laughable, especially after 2 AMAZINGLY AWESOME NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE seasons.

I can understand the difficulty fathoming my level of intelligence. Much of what you see must come across as a dazed fog of confusion that you are just unable to penetrate. That kind of sounds like you are being an idiot....no offense!
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305 View Post
    Put everything that has happened in the last 5 years in him. Everything bad. I mean everything.
    As a general rule of thumb, whenever i see your opinion on something i take the direct opposite stance....so yeah, i guess that does mean i post how everything bad that happened is his fault.
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Greg Cote: A case can be made to defend Jeff Ireland

As a general rule of thumb, whenever i see your opinion on something i take the direct opposite stance....so yeah, i guess that does mean i post how everything bad that happened is his fault.
    And I take your opinions with a grain of salt also! You contribute nothing but negative vitriol to this forum! Your anti dolphin and anti Ireland agendas are sickening!

Sent From My EVO 4G LTE!
    Quote Quote