Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: Greg Cote: A case can be made to defend Jeff Ireland

1. -71
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodleman View Post
    You are obviously lacking in so called intelligence when I say "going a different direction" I am talking about the coach. Sparano was the coach when they traded for Marshall...I think we can all agree that Philbin has quite a different approach. If Sparano were still coach Marshall would still be here getting his 1200 yds receiving. Your mammoth sized brain should at least be able to figure that out. When I say things change, I mean Marshall came here and had more of the same issues therefore his value would decrease. For example, IF he goes to Chicago and gets in the same trouble and the bears decide to trade him....my guess would be they would get less than they paid. Pretty simple and obvious.
    I never said he had "amazingly awesome never done before seasons". Maybe you should try READING a post before responding.
    An idiot calling someone else an idiot really loses its effectiveness. Sorry....I will stay grounded in reality. Maybe I should give you the benefit of the doubt after all your status says "drunk" so that starts to make sense. Have another!
    Lastly 18 of 23 draft picks still on the team is not a bad percentage. Ireland MUST be the devil!!!! Man maybe Miami should hire you instead! There is a reason you are posting on a dolphin forum...maybe your super intelligence can figure out what it is!lol
    Sorry, i cant keep up with all the excuses for the Marshall trade. Im fairly certain a super computer(my super computer mind is focused on tracking all the "Ireland wanted to hire Philbin" lies at the moment) couldnt keep track of all the Ireland apologists excuses for that disaster. I mean, i dont blame the apologists, you guys really needed to dig deep to figure out a way to make that one sound good. Now that youve clarified that its Philbins fault, let me remind you: there isnt a roster move that occurs without passing through Irelands desk. If he wanted to keep Marshall, he could have. Instead, as is his nature, he misevaluated the situation.

And excellent, you made the argument for me. Hilarious. Marshall beats women in Denver= lets trade some second round picks for that player! Marshall beats women in Miami= ugh, seriously where did this come from(?), we have to get rid of this guy. We knew Marshall had off the field problems. By investing multiple draft picks, not to mention a monster contract, in him we knew that we would have to work with him on his issues. If i recall correctly, we did not set up safeguards in his contract to protect this team. So clearly Ireland felt he was over his issues. Guess he misevaluated that to. Well played.

The final part comes in joke form. You declare "i stay grounded in reality!!!!"....then cant even count. This is grade school stuff. At this point, i shouldnt be surprised but i still find myself a bit shocked. Anyways, since Jeff Ireland accepted the General Manager position for the Miami Dolphins we have picked 41 draft picks. Where you got this 23 from is beyond me. Maybe you just counted the bright colors that were distracting you. I dont know, thats just a theory.
    I would strongly recommend you stay away from alcoholic beverages. As delusional as you are, we cannot run the risk of further neurological disorders. As small a chance it is for drinking to cause that, its really to big a gamble in your case. You clearly need to cling to the small semblance of reality you have left.
    Quote Quote  

2. -72
    We Are Still Going To The SB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    You realize we have a losing record in the present, correct? Go back to the undefeated season of 2003 you predicted, or any of the other Superbowl Championship seasons youve predicted over the years.

Good general managers actually hit on large contract free agents from time to time. We've handed top contracts to the 3 i listed, Brandon Marshall, and Karlos Dansby. Of those 5, 1 has worked. Thats an 80% failure rate for top tier contracts, which sounds similar to his draft percentage failure rate.
    This isnt like Ireland was hired this offseason. He was hired 5 years ago. We have had half a decade to work with. His bad faaaaaaaaar outweighs his good. If the most powerful position on the face of the planet(the Presidency) can be judged in 4 years, dont you think its fair to judge Ireland in 5?

Now, i know Ireland has earned your undying gratitude. I mean, he was hired, so that instantly made him the best general manager in the history of mankind in your opinion. I get it. No matter what he does he will be super awesome because his title has the words "Miami Dolphins" in it. But heres my question: dont you think the next general manager will be just as super awesome as this one? I mean, he to will be the Miami Dolphins general manager, and thats all you need for them to be considered wildly successful.
    I find it so funny you when you fake internet bully's try and call me out on things I was wrong about in the past 2003? When I was 23 years old. You have to go back 10 years ? ****, you can go back to just last week if you wanted things I got wrong. Yeah we had some teams I thought were superbowl bound, and obviously I was wrong. Did say we were going to go undefeated and did I miss on that.

You can choose to judge Ireland when ever the **** you choose to, to bad the owner has decided to give him more time, before he makes his decision. Hey, you can call me out, tell me how much of a homer I am that's cool, i mean after all this is a message board. To each is own brah! I'm glad you've been keeping tabs on me for almost a decade.
    Quote Quote  

3. -73

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sorry, i cant keep up with all the excuses for the Marshall trade. Im fairly certain a super computer(my super computer mind is focused on tracking all the "Ireland wanted to hire Philbin" lies at the moment) couldnt keep track of all the Ireland apologists excuses for that disaster. I mean, i dont blame the apologists, you guys really needed to dig deep to figure out a way to make that one sound good. Now that youve clarified that its Philbins fault, let me remind you: there isnt a roster move that occurs without passing through Irelands desk. If he wanted to keep Marshall, he could have. Instead, as is his nature, he misevaluated the situation.

And excellent, you made the argument for me. Hilarious. Marshall beats women in Denver= lets trade some second round picks for that player! Marshall beats women in Miami= ugh, seriously where did this come from(?), we have to get rid of this guy. We knew Marshall had off the field problems. By investing multiple draft picks, not to mention a monster contract, in him we knew that we would have to work with him on his issues. If i recall correctly, we did not set up safeguards in his contract to protect this team. So clearly Ireland felt he was over his issues. Guess he misevaluated that to. Well played.

The final part comes in joke form. You declare "i stay grounded in reality!!!!"....then cant even count. This is grade school stuff. At this point, i shouldnt be surprised but i still find myself a bit shocked. Anyways, since Jeff Ireland accepted the General Manager position for the Miami Dolphins we have picked 41 draft picks. Where you got this 23 from is beyond me. Maybe you just counted the bright colors that were distracting you. I dont know, thats just a theory.
    I would strongly recommend you stay away from alcoholic beverages. As delusional as you are, we cannot run the risk of further neurological disorders. As small a chance it is for drinking to cause that, its really to big a gamble in your case. You clearly need to cling to the small semblance of reality you have left.
    Hey I consider myself an Ireland supporter and I'm not making any excuses for any of his bad decisions. Everything he has done since 2008 that hasn't worked out he deserve the blame period. But you know what ? Ireland is still here. I know it must tear you guys up inside. I know you are so disappointed and aint jack **** you guys can do about it. Not buying the Airplane Ad, not boycotting Davie. Nothing. Fact is Ireland is still here right now and if this team continues to play the way they have since Kansas City game of last year, he will remain here for the foreseeable future. That sucks for you guys. I guess you can always root for another team with a great Magical GM to your liking.
    Quote Quote  

4. -74
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305 View Post
    I find it so funny you when you fake internet bully's try and call me out on things I was wrong about in the past 2003? When I was 23 years old. You have to go back 10 years ? ****, you can go back to just last week if you wanted things I got wrong. Yeah we had some teams I thought were superbowl bound, and obviously I was wrong. Did say we were going to go undefeated and did I miss on that.

You can choose to judge Ireland when ever the **** you choose to, to bad the owner has decided to give him more time, before he makes his decision. Hey, you can call me out, tell me how much of a homer I am that's cool, i mean after all this is a message board. To each is own brah! I'm glad you've been keeping tabs on me for almost a decade.

Did you just catch onto the fact that i responded to your post?

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305 View Post
    Hey I consider myself an Ireland supporter and I'm not making any excuses for any of his bad decisions. Everything he has done since 2008 that hasn't worked out he deserve the blame period. But you know what ? Ireland is still here. I know it must tear you guys up inside. I know you are so disappointed and aint jack **** you guys can do about it. Not buying the Airplane Ad, not boycotting Davie. Nothing. Fact is Ireland is still here right now and if this team continues to play the way they have since Kansas City game of last year, he will remain here for the foreseeable future. That sucks for you guys. I guess you can always root for another team with a great Magical GM to your liking.
    I know, he has "Miami Dolphins" in his title somewhere. We get it already.

Edit: i'll ask you the same thing i asked another person: why do you like the Dolphins losing games?
    Quote Quote  

5. -75

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Did you just catch onto the fact that i responded to your post?

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

I know, he has "Miami Dolphins" in his title somewhere. We get it already.

Edit: i'll ask you the same thing i asked another person: why do you like the Dolphins losing games?
    Losing games? You're delusional for even suggesting such a thing. But I expect that come from you. Dolphins have now gone 8-6 in their last 14 games. With losses coming to Philadelphia, Dallas, NE, Houston, Arizona and the Jets. The only teams that have won more games during that span, are the Giants, Baltimore, 49ers, Falcons, Arizona, Greenbay, New England and Houston. So, we are in the top 10 of victories over the course of our last 14 games played. We we're just couple of missed FG's from easily winning two more games. During that time the Dolphins have only lost two games by a TD or more. That was to the Eagles, when Starting QB and LT went down. And Houston because of an avalanche of turnovers and giving them a short field. I take the good with the bad, I can stomach the losing, what we have gone through is no different than what every other franchise have experience one time or another. But you know what when things to turn out, ill appreciate it even more. And glad to see you're back from hell or wherever else you been hiding.

I know, he has "Miami Dolphins" in his title somewhere. We get it already.-- See this where it's hatred at it's finest. So I said I'm making no excuses for him. and what you got out of that is because he is a Miami Dolphin I automatically like him. Man, you life must really suck.
    Last edited by CRAZYDOLFAN305; 10-13-2012 at 08:04 PM.
    Quote Quote  

6. -76
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree with Cote, Jeff if anything has earned himself another year with the early signs of this young and inexperienced Dolphins roster. Now is when the plan starts. Fundementally the Fins are playing as good as I can ever remember.
    Looks like the Homestead Pythons became the hottest ticket in South Florida.

Vaark said "2livecrew? they're about as relevant these days as Vanilla Lice. What's next, Clay Aiken calling JT out?"
    Official founder of the "I don't Smooch Parcell's Tooch foundation!"
    Quote Quote