Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Greg Cote: A case can be made to defend Jeff Ireland

1. -11
    TANNERECTION!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    Failures in free agency? You mean a handful of low risk minimum wage veterans all of which were replaced? It isnt like he handed tens of millions to a bust like Flynn like so many fans demanded.
    One, the Dolphins have in excess of 12 mil in dead cap money this season. Two, if he gets a partial credit for successes with Parcells, he gets partial responsibility as well. The list of bad draft picks and free agent signingsis long over the last 5 years.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We have won 2 games people, wait until the season is over until we crown the man King. The people who downgrade him at least have multiple seasons of at best mediocrity off which to base their opinions.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Failures in free agency? You mean a handful of low risk minimum wage veterans all of which were replaced? It isnt like he handed tens of millions to a bust like Flynn like so many fans demanded.
    The point you make worded differently, as well, is that every time we pick up a FA a lot of fans here jump up and down assuming that person will be great. There are things you do, just to test the waters and see what that player can bring to the team. This is just about always going on. I'm sure in some cases team management is not expecting as much as the fans. I'll give that point to Ireland.

However, just because we are having some success, does not mean everything was great either. Wins can hide issues.

I'm a wait and see with this team, but so far so good this year. They are doing better in all areas than I expected. Lets see if it continues.
    A strong sign we have not improved, is the same tired threads on the forum every year.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    Ireland is not off the hook with me because this team is severely lacking depth. Let's see how the season plays out before Ireland gets a "hall pass".
    How are we lacking depth? Our D-line is deep,our RBs are deep, Matt Moore is about as good a backup QB as there is, we have quality depth at receiver between Matthews fuller and Gaffney, despite losing Vontae we have good depth at DB.
    Tannchise
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    TANNERECTION!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WesternNYDolfan View Post
    How are we lacking depth? Our D-line is deep,our RBs are deep, Matt Moore is about as good a backup QB as there is, we have quality depth at receiver between Matthews fuller and Gaffney, despite losing Vontae we have good depth at DB.
    I am sure you are aware that Gaffney has not played a down, Matthews has been inactive 4-5 games, Fuller is on the PS and they only have 3 CBs.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    I keep reading that we have great RB depth. Thomas sucks and Miller can't grasp the playbook. There is a reason our running game becomes pedestrian whenever Bush stubs his toe.

Quote Quote  

7. -17
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    This again. Who?
    I wouldn't know who on here wanted him, I wasnt on this forum at the time but plenty of Dolphins fans wanted Flynn and were not happy when Seattle offered him a lot more.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    I agree with some of your points...depth is good at QB, RB, D-line...however, that is it. No depth on the O-line, receiver, LB, and at DB.

Any run of normal injuries and the Fins are screwed.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    TANNERECTION!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wouldn't know who on here wanted him, I wasnt on this forum at the time but plenty of Dolphins fans wanted Flynn and were not happy when Seattle offered him a lot more.
    If you were not here, how can you make that statement? That said, there were many of us who wanted Flynn, myself included, but I recall the general consensus was the Seabirds overpaid for him. I don't recall anyone wanting him at 10 mil.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    This again. Who?
    WHO?? Try 60%- 70% of this board!!!
    Quote Quote