Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Greg Cote: A case can be made to defend Jeff Ireland

1. -61
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HATCHETTJACK View Post
    And I take your opinions with a grain of salt also! You contribute nothing but negative vitriol to this forum! Your anti dolphin and anti Ireland agendas are sickening!

Sent From My EVO 4G LTE!
    Welcome back to the forum, i thought you quit us there for a bit.

I most certainly do want Ireland held accountable for the shape of this team. But i want him replaced with someone competent. If we hire someone competent, we can start using our money and draft picks wisely. If we use those resources wisely, we will win more games. Winning more games is certainly not anti-Dolphins.

So i have to ask, why are you anti-Dolphins? I mean, you seem to want Ireland to stay. Why do you want us to lose games?
    Quote Quote  

2. -62
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Greg Cote: A case can be made to defend Jeff Ireland

I think Ireland is doing an excellent job! He has brought a lot of talent to this team. Name one person out there, who is available, that could do better!

Sent From My EVO 4G LTE!
    Quote Quote  

3. -63
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HATCHETTJACK View Post
    I think Ireland is doing an excellent job! He has brought a lot of talent to this team. Name one person out there, who is available, that could do better!

Sent From My EVO 4G LTE!
    Scot McCloughan. Built the majority of the current 49'ers team. Basically everyone on the NFC Championship game roster except for 2 offensive lineman and Aldon Smith. Hes currently working for the Seattle Seahawks in a position under General Manager and was in the running for the Oakland Raiders GM position. Reason he was fired was for "personal reasons". Stunned the media, team, and even McCloughan himself. Trent Baalke was promoted in his place. McCloughan has kept what happened in the "firing meeting" to himself and the team certainly has refused to discuss it.

That was just off the top of my head. Brian Gaine is also well respected, hes in our front office. How about Russ Ball? He was in the running for various general manager positions last offseason. He currently handles contract negotiations and various other duties for the Green Bay Packers. So he already has a relationship with Philbin.

3 candidates right there.

edit: and yes, i know you think Ireland is doing a great job. He's had 3 losing seasons in a row...and you think its great. Again, why do you like the Dolphins losing?
    Quote Quote  

4. -64
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He's redeemed himself slightly this season, but he has a long way to go to be seen in a positive light.
    Quote Quote  

5. -65
    Phantom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Lets see we have a head coach who coached Flynn, and an OC who coached Tannehill, but yea it was Ireland who made the decision all by himself.
    Quote Quote  

6. -66
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    You forget Marshall played in a West Coast offense in Denver, right? So, that entirely different direction happens to be.....not one at all. Logic is fun.

So when Miami trades for a player: they get good value. When they trade that same player away a mere 2 offseasons later: well, you know times are tough and a recession hit the NFL and Miami just didnt have a good crop this season....
    Anyway you look at that trade, it was a failure. Second round picks, after they are spent, are meant to last at least 4 years. We paid multiple second round picks for a top player and handed him a huge contract. When you pay players top money then immediately cut them, it destroys your cap. If you need evidence, check this past offseason. Getting that much lower value for one of the best players in the league is laughable, especially after 2 AMAZINGLY AWESOME NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE seasons.

I can understand the difficulty fathoming my level of intelligence. Much of what you see must come across as a dazed fog of confusion that you are just unable to penetrate. That kind of sounds like you are being an idiot....no offense!
    You are obviously lacking in so called intelligence when I say "going a different direction" I am talking about the coach. Sparano was the coach when they traded for Marshall...I think we can all agree that Philbin has quite a different approach. If Sparano were still coach Marshall would still be here getting his 1200 yds receiving. Your mammoth sized brain should at least be able to figure that out. When I say things change, I mean Marshall came here and had more of the same issues therefore his value would decrease. For example, IF he goes to Chicago and gets in the same trouble and the bears decide to trade him....my guess would be they would get less than they paid. Pretty simple and obvious.
    I never said he had "amazingly awesome never done before seasons". Maybe you should try READING a post before responding.
    An idiot calling someone else an idiot really loses its effectiveness. Sorry....I will stay grounded in reality. Maybe I should give you the benefit of the doubt after all your status says "drunk" so that starts to make sense. Have another!
    Lastly 18 of 23 draft picks still on the team is not a bad percentage. Ireland MUST be the devil!!!! Man maybe Miami should hire you instead! There is a reason you are posting on a dolphin forum...maybe your super intelligence can figure out what it is!lol
    Quote Quote  

7. -67
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    My biggest argument to keep Jeff Ireland is I do not want a new GM to come and mess around with Philbin and the progress Tannehill is making.
    Quote Quote  

8. -68
    We Are Still Going To The SB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Spesh don't worry we will see you gets the last laugh ..
    Quote Quote  

9. -69
    We Are Still Going To The SB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Welcome back to the forum, i thought you quit us there for a bit.

I most certainly do want Ireland held accountable for the shape of this team. But i want him replaced with someone competent. If we hire someone competent, we can start using our money and draft picks wisely. If we use those resources wisely, we will win more games. Winning more games is certainly not anti-Dolphins.

So i have to ask, why are you anti-Dolphins? I mean, you seem to want Ireland to stay. Why do you want us to lose games?
    Who genius? Please tell me you already have one person in mind. Let me guess going simpleton Bill Poking? Carl Peterson ?
    Quote Quote  

10. -70
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305 View Post
    Who genius? Please tell me you already have one person in mind. Let me guess going simpleton Bill Poking? Carl Peterson ?
    I literally posted 3 candidates two posts later. What you just quoted me saying was from post 61 and i posted the candidates in post 63.

Try and keep up.
    Quote Quote