Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Racism against Hartline?

1. -31
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    It is also a football topic, I didn't want a detailed review of minority treatment in america. I wanted a discussion about the media and a Dolphins player. Putting it somewhere where only political types ever venture renders the topic pointless and ends even my interest in it.
    As I said what you wanted to achieve and what was being achieved are two completely different things. Never in the history of Finheaven has a thread with race or religion in the main forum ended without infractions and/or banning.

I have reported the action to the admis, if they feel it was a wrong move one of them will reverse the decision but I wouldn't hold your breath bro.

It just never ends well with these type of things and down here you are free to discuss whatever you want.
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote  

2. -32
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    meh it was worth a try, I work with an MP I get enough detailed political discussion outside of a sports forum to last me a lifetime
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    meh it was worth a try, I work with an MP I get enough detailed political discussion outside of a sports forum to last me a lifetime
    I never understand why the Depths isn't more active. It was created as a place to let people vent about touchy subjects and have almost zero restriction on speech. People tend to view it as a punishment in this forum and that is completely false. It isn't a punishment to get a thread moved here it is liberating to be honest.

In the Depths you can tell anyone you want to **** off and we aren't going to do anything about it.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PolitePolite View Post
    My favorite thing is when people compare him to Jordy Nelson.
    Your right, he's actually having a better year then Nelson.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    I never understand why the Depths isn't more active. It was created as a place to let people vent about touchy subjects and have almost zero restriction on speech. People tend to view it as a punishment in this forum and that is completely false. It isn't a punishment to get a thread moved here it is liberating to be honest.

In the Depths you can tell anyone you want to **** off and we aren't going to do anything about it.
    Why not make it a section in its own right? I mean its under "games and graphics" I never even knew it existed until you moved this and I had a look around.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why not make it a section in its own right? I mean its under "games and graphics" I never even knew it existed until you moved this and I had a look around.
    Well I wanted to change the name to Finhell. In heaven you behave and in hell you don't. Then maybe there could be sub section under Finhell. I'll bring it up to see if we can get a more organized Depths.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would love it when people just stopped seeing each other as black and white, it's idiotic. That guy can't succeed at qb, because he's black (Tell that to Warren Moon, and Steve McNair).....that guy can't succeed at WR because he's white (Tell that to Steve Largent and Fred Biletnikoff)

Make Peyton uncomfortable during the game, make Peyton leave game in Denver very upset.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Hating The Jets With A Passion Since '84

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's no worse than when Cam Newton was being compared to Vince Young when it's obvious that their throwing mechanics are miles apart and even the way they run differs. Cam reminded me more of Roethlisberger coming out of college, but the only comparison you were going to hear was to another black qb from any of the talking heads. In both these cases it's ridiculous.
    JETS FANS' TEARS TASTE LIKE CANDY

(...so taste the rainbow, b*tches)
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tay0365 View Post
    I would love it when people just stopped seeing each other as black and white, it's idiotic. That guy can't succeed at qb, because he's black (Tell that to Warren Moon, and Steve McNair).....that guy can't succeed at WR because he's white (Tell that to Steve Largent and Fred Biletnikoff)
    Well there is a huge difference between saying someone is horrible because of color and describing someone using color. For example, "oh that white guy will never make it in the NBA because white guys cannot play in the NBA" is completely different than "Well the guy that robbed the bank was white and about 6' tall and was wearing".

One is a generalization based on color and one is a descriptor based on color. It is the generalizations that lead to racism not the descriptors.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    Well there is a huge difference between saying someone is horrible because of color and describing someone using color. For example, "oh that white guy will never make it in the NBA because white guys cannot play in the NBA" is completely different than "Well the guy that robbed the bank was white and about 6' tall and was wearing".

One is a generalization based on color and one is a descriptor based on color. It is the generalizations that lead to racism not the descriptors.
    Your right, but my point is not about discription, it's about generalizations. Giving a discription using race, height, and even nationality of someone nobody should have problem with.
    Quote Quote