Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Racism against Hartline?

1. -41
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I see they buried this post...when its true racism agaisnt white people exists
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    I think the differences are caused by environmental, social, and economic disparity. More blacks play football in their youth in the poor areas of the country because they do not have other activities to do. Most of the powerhouse high school programs come from these types of areas. Those players become the stars. Now and then, a guy like Hartline comes along
    Not true whatsoever. Hartline is from Ohio I believe, and football is huge in that region of the country, as it in the Texas-Arkansas, California, South east, etc. All races of people play football as the major sport in some of these regions, not just the "poor black kids". These kids just happen to excel more.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Quad Fin View Post
    I see they buried this post...when its true racism agaisnt white people exists
    It isn't buried dude. It has nothing to do with white or black. It is in the Depths where you can discuss it at will with NO restrictions.

The only thing we ask down here is "NO RACIAL SLURS". But you can certainly call someone a black African America piece of **** ****ing penis hole if you desire or a White scumbag redneck peckerwood with KKK inscribed on his forehead.

Makes no difference to us down here.

Discuss at will why a white man cannot run with a black man, discuss at will why a black QB can or cannot succeed at QB in the NFL. In the Depths it is perfectly fine but as said before religion, politics and ethnic issues have no place in the main forum.
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    to answer the question, yes there is a bit of racism against Hartline just like there was against Jordy Nelson. Guys like Wes Welker don't really get much of it because he's what people think of when they think of white WR; short guy who gets open in the slot. The taller white WRs are expected to be possession guys and are shocked when they actually appear to be athletic.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    lurker

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St.Petersburg
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    "fast for a white receiver" Sound familiar? Imagine what would happen if someone said RG3 "has a good arm for a black quarterback"

Im not saying its blatant racism but Ive seen Hartline be asked about his speed all season, ive seen his team mates asked what its like playing with a "white reciever" and it actually rather sickens me. As Devon Bess said "Hartline's speed is "definitely" overlooked since he's white."

No im not trying to label certain journalists racist against white players, but this attitude towards Hartline and other players (such as the running back Hillis) quite annoys me. If football is meant to be colourless why does that not apply to white players as well as black?

Maybe im on my own in this one and just seem bitter Was wondering what you guys think?

Exactly what i think.
    Fireman ed looks like my kneecap
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Ground and Pound

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fish920 View Post
    Exactly what i think.
    It doesn't maker any sense black QBs generally do have strong arms if not stronger than white QBs(accuracy is a different story). I think it would make more sense if he labeled it as a QB who can't run/scramble well. Also if Hartline can prove the NFL he's legit and put up elite number 1 WR numbers by the end of the year, he could have my babies no ****. Also I could care less about racism against myself (mixed Hispanic Tico&Puerto Rican) You could call me a spick fot all I care.
    Quote Quote